Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mangini fired after 3 seasons with Jets!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mangini fired after 3 seasons with Jets!

these past 2 days have been a late Christmas present around here for sure!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl....adlines

"went 23-26 in three seasons in his first head coaching job "

Fired and will be out of pro football, first predicted here in september, 2007
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

(JaiDee @ Dec. 29 2008,11:31) these past 2 days have been a late Christmas present around here for sure!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl....adlines

"went 23-26 in three seasons in his first head coaching job "

Fired and will be out of pro football, first predicted here in september, 2007
    First predicted here perhaps, but no less incorrect.

Do you honestly think Mangini's 23-26 record will mean he never gets another chance in the NFL? With all due respect, you are way off base if you do. This was just a knee jerk reaction by the Jets management, making Mangini the scapegoat.

Bill Belicheat's first tenure as head coach in the NFL was with the Cleveland Browns, where his record was 36-44. That's a worse percentage than 23-26.
    Did that stop him from getting any more chances?

I think it is possible Mangini could get the Browns' vacant head coaching job, but if not, someone will hire him as an assistant and he'll get another head coaching gig on down the road. Bank it

I guess your hatred for Mangini stems from his leaving your beloved Pats for the Jets job, how dare he try to better his career, or else for blowing the whistle on the Cheatriots spygate caper where they were illegally filming other teams signals and walk through practices the day before the games, including the Rams before the Super Bowl.
    Since Kraft and Goodell are in bed together, they get off with a slap on wrist, a fine that is pocket change to someone like Belicheat, and one draft pick, rather than a forfeiture of ill gotten wins and/or a year's suspension.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Dec. 30 2008,08:47) I guess your hatred for Mangini
      Hatred is a strong word, Lefty ...... I don't 'Hate' Mangini or Favre, I just think they are lousy at their jobs and enjoy pointing that out;  it's funny whenever Brett throws another pick and the Jets lose more and more games, it's all part of being a sports fan.

I will save the word Hate for people like Osama and Dick Cheney {seperated at birth?}, the assholes who blow themselves up to go meet their 72 virgins while taking 50 other innocents along with them, and the people who did the design work on the Big Dig.

Lighten up man, it's just football .....

Comment

(JaiDee @ Dec. 30 2008,05:39)
        (Lefty @ Dec. 30 2008,08:47) I guess your hatred for Mangini
        Hatred is a strong word, Lefty ...... I don't 'Hate' Mangini or Favre, I just think they are lousy at their jobs and enjoy pointing that out; it's funny whenever Brett throws another pick and the Jets lose more and more games, it's all part of being a sports fan.

I will save the word Hate for people like Osama and Dick Cheney {seperated at birth?}, the assholes who blow themselves up to go meet their 72 virgins while taking 50 other innocents along with them, and the people who did the design work on the Big Dig.

Lighten up man, it's just football .....
        Hatred in the context of sports figures or celebs obviously isnt meant the same as when directed at the Hitlers, Bin Ladens, Bushes and Cheneys of the world..Maybe disdain would have been a better choice of words.

My main question is when do you expect Dick Cheney to blow himself up so he can meet the 72 virgins? I say just meet them, because he certainly would not be capable of enjoying them in the carnal sense. Just that I had not heard before that this was even possible?
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

siiighh, I guess you don't watch the news or read books these days?

The maniacs who blow up car bombs are told before they go that they will meet 72 virgins in the promised land or whatever the number is now, what's the difference anyway?  The fuckheads who ran some planes into the world trade towers in 2001 were told the same thing, I just assumed everyone knew about the 72 virgins theory by now, just to laugh about it more than anything.

Dick Cheney should be hated, he is an evil motherfucker.

You picking on me because I don't like Brett Favre, Lefty?  I've seen the guy play since he was a rookie and have seen more picks and indesicion than anything from him; he has set a bunch of records sure, but when it comes to crunch time as in the ''last game of his career'' last season and the ''last game of his career''  this season {ya gotta love the comedy this guy produces!} he always throws it to the other jerseys. And you don't need to defend him, he has a million cheeseheads doing that for him every day.

Jeeeez, it's just football, we all have people we dislike;  or do you think all 1500+ guys in the league are just swell?

I think the main reason I am so misunderstood on this message board is because I view things like football or chasing ladyboys as what they are; a GAME. Taking this stuff too seriously, whether it's football, the advantages or disadvantages to certain ladyboys, bars or even cities oftentimes make people up here all uptight for no reason. I say; loosen up a bit and just have fun.

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jan. 03 2009,08:27)

siiighh, I guess you don't watch the news or read books these days?

The maniacs who blow up car bombs are told before they go that they will meet 72 virgins in the promised land or whatever the number is now, what's the difference anyway? The fuckheads who ran some planes into the world trade towers in 2001 were told the same thing, I just assumed everyone knew about the 72 virgins theory by now, just to laugh about it more than anything.

Dick Cheney should be hated, he is an evil motherfucker.

You picking on me because I don't like Brett Favre, Lefty? I've seen the guy play since he was a rookie and have seen more picks and indesicion than anything from him; he has set a bunch of records sure, but when it comes to crunch time as in the ''last game of his career'' last season and the ''last game of his career'' this season {ya gotta love the comedy this guy produces!} he always throws it to the other jerseys. And you don't need to defend him, he has a million cheeseheads doing that for him every day.

Jeeeez, it's just football, we all have people we dislike; or do you think all 1500+ guys in the league are just swell?

I think the main reason I am so misunderstood on this message board is because I view things like football or chasing ladyboys as what they are; a GAME. Taking this stuff too seriously, whether it's football, the advantages or disadvantages to certain ladyboys, bars or even cities oftentimes make people up here all uptight for no reason. I say; loosen up a bit and just have fun.
            I thought you were saying Osama and Cheney were going to blow themselves up to get 72 virgins.
            I follow the news, probably not as much as you, especially since the election, and heard many times before about the 72 virgins thing if you martyr yourself for Allah.

I'm not picking on you for not liking Favre. I really didn't mean for it to seem as if I'm picking on you at all. We just have a different opinion, and in MY opinion, many of your criticisms of Favre are inaccurate and exaggerated from what is actuality.
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Brett Favre is one of the games all time greats, never cared about statistics just wanted to win. When he's gone the NFL will be a much boringer (could be a new word i created there) place. Who wants to watch a bunch of game manager QB's? Give me John Elway and Brett Favre any day!

Comment

All time great?? Dont think so. Top during his generation? Certainly!! If he is an all time great does that mean he is in the top 5?? No way. Here are the Bs better than Farve: (in no particular order)

Montana
                Unitas
                Bradshaw-yes Bradshaw
                Manning-Peyton
                Elway
                These are dead certs and there are many who I can classify AT least as good as he is:
                Forgot to add Brady

How about Obs like Namath, Fouts, Griese, Stabler et al.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                Be careful out there!

Comment

Where would you rank Marino?
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

BB, I'll take
                    Elway
                    Montana
                    Favre
                    and Fouts in that order, Guys like Unitas, Sammy Baugh even Namath are a little before my time. Greats all of them but it's too hard to compare across generations. Thats why an all time great list wouldn't be as narrow as a top 5 or even 10 at least if I was making it.
                    Griese, not a chance, Bradshaw, Brady yes but they and Montana had fantastic teams behind them something Elway , Favre and Fouts never really had.
                    And I'd probably put Marino and Warren Moon in there too.
                    Anyway just my opinion and there will be many guys left off the list I'm sure.

Comment

Lefty-Right after I posted that and logged off Marino came to mind. Yes, he was better than Farve.
                      Be careful out there!

Comment

How could anyone not put Peyton Manning up there as well. You know Jim Kelly was one of the top Qbs of his generation as well. I know he lost 4 Super Bowl in a row but have a think about that one. HE GOT THERE 4 TIMES IN A ROW!! Dont know if that will be equaled in the next 40 years!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                        Be careful out there!

Comment

Ya'all are forgetting another 4 tme super bowl "loser" the original scrambling QB Fran Tarkenton.

Peyton Manning other then one great season is along with Marino great "regular" season QBs. Another great playoff QB being forgotten is Troy Aikman who regardless of his quality as a QB did win 3 super bowls and Steve Young who won two

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Perfect time for a good OC or DC to get their first head coaching job. Any that scream out to you guys?
                            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Jan. 06 2009,13:17) Lefty-Right after I posted that and logged off Marino came to mind. Yes, he was better than Farve.
                              I see a lot of similarities between Marino and Favre. Both strong armed gunslinger types who posted huge statistical totals during their careers.
                              JD is quick to criticize Favre, but he was on one SB winner during his career and won more MVPs than another other single player. No mention of Marino being overrated, when he never won the big one even once, nor the number of MVP awards that Favre had either.
                              IMO...too many fans equate the number of SB winning teams they were on with who the best QBs are/were, when we all know American football is the consummate team sport.
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                              X