X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End Of SD v Pittsburgh Game

Any NFL fans MUST have seen the end of this game. If you havent go onto nfl.com and see the last play of the game. Now, I dont think the NFL is bent but this game leaves one scratching your head. Pittsburgh was winning 11-10 and the spread was 5. SD had the ball on the 20 yard line with 3 seconds left and they had one play to score. A completed forward pass, then a couple of "backwards passes" and Pitts end up running a fumble back for a TD that would have given them a winning margin greater than 5 and would have "beaten the spread". While the outcome wasnt in doubt, those who bet with the spread it certainly was. The refs inexplicably disallowed the TD and the game ended 11-10. White Pitts won, this who bet with the spread and with Pitts-lost. The NFLs explanation of the resversal is bogus and doesnt make sense. Strange ending and, believe me, Millions changed hands. BTW, Pitts had 13 penalties and SD had 1 all game!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
    Be careful out there!

Gonna watch that game now...

Comment

did they alter the score late? because when i watched it it finished 17-10 here in UK.

was the late game on sky.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Yeah it was the late game and the score you osted was NOT the final score hence the controversy!
        Be careful out there!

Comment

Here is the story from Fox News

Blown call throws Vegas into chaosUpdated: November 17, 2008, 4:49 PM EST

(AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers walked off the field Sunday just happy they had won.

A lot of bettors in this gambling city were more concerned by how many points they ended up winning by.

Winners turned into losers and losers ended up winning when a game that should have ended up 17-10 or 18-10 instead went into the record books as the first 11-10 final in NFL history. Though the score made no difference in the win and loss column, it did in the wallets of a lot of bettors on the Las Vegas Strip.

"Anyone who had a bet on the Pittsburgh side and thought they had won weren't too happy," said John Avello, director of the race and sports book at the Wynn resort.

A mistake by the officials on the final play of the game between the Steelers and San Diego Chargers didn't alter the outcome. But it did mean bettors who thought they had won money on the game actually lost, while those who thought they had lost ended up winning.

The Steelers were favored by 4 points, meaning the apparent touchdown scored by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu on the last play of the game made the difference between Pittsburgh covering the point spread or not. When the touchdown was disallowed, Pittsburgh bettors who thought they had won on a fluke on the last play were left holding worthless tickets.

Avello said there might have been $10 million bet on the game statewide, and many times more than that in illegal bets around the country and in offshore Internet betting sites. There was more money bet on Pittsburgh, he said, especially in parlay bets.

Though the officials later said they made a mistake in calling back the touchdown, the official score remains 11-10, and even if the NFL changes it, Nevada sports books paid off on the final score from Sunday.

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Put it all aside, BB, let's revel in the Jets resurgence,
            although I am sure there a few of my former assosciates more than a little upset with the "official' score.
            Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

Good thing it wasn't the Bonerus game.

Comment

The Jets HAD to win that game v the Pats Kevin!! Now they can make a statement v The Titans on Sunday. What a great football day here in NY on Sunday. Jets @ Titans at 100 pm and Gmen @ Arizona at 415!! Glad I have the weekends off this month.

Smutts what has gotten into YOU? You post something from Fox? I thought they were evil incarnate. Trust me the mone was way more then $10 million that changed hands. Believe me, the books won a lot of LARGE on this error. They NFL STILL hasnt explained things properly. The fucked up and its funny that it had nowt to do with the outcome of the game!!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE
                Be careful out there!

Comment

Pure crap ending that was
                  It should have ended as a 17-10 score with zero time left.
                  Refs and bookies were on the same team

I should have taped that because....ah, nevermind
                  You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

So Sampler Doc how much did you get fooked out of?? Thats a game Mush bet the ranch on!! LOL!! I dont bet on games coz I am a lousy picker but if you bet on games watch out!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

BB, dude, what makes ya think I lost real money or large money on it

Comment

Er um perhaps becaus of your protestations ?
                        I dont know-did you??
                        Be careful out there!

Comment

Lets just say I still can get a round of beers in the LOS

Comment

Anyone watch today's game - Steelers v Cowgirls.. Absolutely awesome 4th quarter!!

Go Steelers!!!
                            Attached Files
                            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Fucking hell what a game!! If it wereht the Cowgirls hat got their guts ripped out, I would ahve felt bad for them!! I wish someone would hit that twat Terrell Owens in the fucking head with a shovel. Did you see that jerkoff hollering on the sidelines??
                              Be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X