• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is prince Harry a racist?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7822883.stm

Prince's racist term sparks anger
    Prince Harry
    Prince Harry has served with the army in Afghanistan

Prince Harry's racist remark about a Pakistani member of his army platoon has prompted widespread criticism.

The prince issued an apology after the News of the World published a video diary in which he calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "Paki".

Cabinet minister John Denham said it was "offensive", while the Ramadhan Foundation called the prince a "thug".

St James's Palace said he had used the term "Paki" as a nickname about a friend and without any malice.

The prince filmed parts of the video and in another clip, he is heard calling another cadet a "raghead".

He had to apologise in 2005 for wearing a swastika armband to a party, which offended many Jewish people.

'Unfortunate timing'

The video obtained by the News of the World shows Harry while still an officer cadet at Sandhurst military academy.

Bullying and racism are not endemic in the Armed Forces
    MOD spokeswoman

Profile: Prince Harry
    Reaction to prince's racist term
    Prince's apology for racist comment

It was filmed in front of other cadets at an airport departure lounge as they waited for a flight to Cyprus to go on manoeuvres.

The newspaper said the prince, who is third in line to the throne, had called the soldier "our little Paki friend".

BBC royal correspondent Daniela Relph said this was an extremely embarrassing episode for the prince and the Royal Family.

She said the emergence of the three-year-old video was "unfortunate timing" for Harry, whose image had greatly improved since he served in Afghanistan last year.

Prince Harry, smiling at the Queen, and Ahmed Raza Khan, bottom right, at their Sandhurst passing out parade in 2006.
    Prince Harry and Ahmed Raza Khan, bottom, at Sandhurst in 2006

"That was a real step up for him, a real sense of maturity that people could see," she said.

She added that as a member of the Royal Family, Prince Harry was held to a certain standard, and everything he said and did was scrutinised "regardless of whether it was banter among colleagues or something that was being used by lots of other people he was working with".

'Absolutely disgusting'

Politicians and Muslim groups are among those to have condemned the prince's remarks.

Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said the words would have caused "considerable offence", while Tory leader David Cameron said it was "a completely unacceptable thing to say".

Aki Nawaz, musician and political activist, said: "It's absolutely disgusting and I think he should be dismissed from the MoD. We don't accept these things, we've had to live with this for 40 years."

Just normal Army banter and taken out of context...havent the press got anything else to concetrate on....jock, taffy , mick, raghead and all the other less salubrious words is standard fare and always will be...

probably makes the average white guy even more racist reading these stories..

What they need to do is put some of these clowns who sit behind desks in the ministries out on the front line for a few weeks under taliban fire .

Well im not PC and i dont give two fucks for anyone that is ..the more people that are upset.. the merrier

Comment

He has obviously inherited his Granddads sense of humour and ability to stick his foot in it! LOL
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

The main complainers have jumped on the bandwagon big time.........didn't see them on the front line with their mates of all races and ethnic backgrounds sharing food and stories and putting their lives on the line...............

These brave young men deserve peace from the PC brigade not denigration........comrades in arms do not need this shite.

My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

This was 3 years ago. Barrack Room banter.

The economy of the world is in chaos and we get more PC bullshit/

Leave the kid alone. He has served his country - more than mopst of those Journalists ever did
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Everyone is a racist... We are all born that way.

Comment

Comment

I am a racist, when someone mentions Romanian Gypsies, I truely HATE those BASTARDS.
                i love t-girls

Comment

And Irish gypsies are ok

Could be worse , the pampered little prince could be ginger
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

the irish tinkers are ok if u get to know them and i have no problems with lots of the families but those Romanian ones are the purest SCUM of the earth.

i and a lot of my friends have been robbed by those bastards

They actually avoid me on the streets now, cause if they come near me i kick their arses all over the place, and i don't give a fuck what people say.
                    i love t-girls

Comment

Prince Harry can do the world a favour by shooting a few of the hypocrites in the BBC newsroom.

Comment

"Politicians and Muslim groups are among those to have condemned the prince's remarks."

FFS here we go again      

He calls a "Pakistani" a "Paki", so fuckin what  

Next time a "Paki" calls me a "Brit" which is short for "British" I will sue their Muslim asses  

I very much doubt I would get much return here in the Uk though  
                        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

wonder what they call us in Pakistan...
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I wonder what his father, no not Charles... his real father.. James Hewlit or whatever thinks about all this?

Swab the little bastard! take some DNA.... how come he's a ginger? show me another ginger in the family! (No shortage of twats though...)

On ther other hand if he does show a remarkable propensity for putting his foot in it then it proves his lineal heritiage is definately that of Phil the Greeks....    

On a more serious note, such is the ways of men when the cameras and women aren't around. We call each other all sorts of things, all derogatory. He s a man doing a mans job. Not some tosser sitting behind a computer, criticising all, but crontributing nothing except paranoia and mistrust.

Send all journalists to the trenches!
                            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

just heard today the Irish aren€™t welcome in Poland....apparently because how badly they have been treated here    

as u all know the American companies have began pulling out of Ireland and heading to Eastern Europe.
                              Every week like Britain, 1000s of jobs are been shed.
                              Dell have gone...next intel then EMC

None of us have seen real racism yet ..wait until you go lookin for a job over there.

no micks,brits,Pakies or blacks

as for Harry...he seems to be the only normal Royal there is...at least he shows some human characteristics. Getting pissed and having a laugh .

the way these people scream Racist is like been labeled a witch 100s of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X