Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE 100 is 4052.47... today!

So the FTSE 100 is currently 4052.47...

What is it gonna be after the close of play tomorrow, Monday 26th January 2009?

I'm guessing a fall of 7% so I chose option 6!

Come on you experts!
    Attached Files
    Rise by over 5%
    0%
    Rise slightly
    0%
    Stay about the same
    0%
    Dip slightly
    0%
    Fall by less than 5%
    0%
    Drop by less than 10%
    0%
    Plummet by more than 10%
    0%
    Who the F%#@ knows?
    0%

i say 5%

Comment

(allstar88 @ Jan. 25 2009,15:01) i say 5%
      thats down 5%  

Comment

Am I missing some big news?

If it's the recession announcement wasn't that announced before the markets closed on Friday?

Comment

FTSE fluctuates all the time there's sectors of the market like utilities Water,Electric that aren't going down where as Banking Retail are taking a pounding
          It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

The FTSE was down at 3861 in October.

What news has come out over the weekend that would make a big drop tomorrow.

I say "Stays about the same"
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

One word - Barclays!

Comment

How about RBS - they're in a deeper hole than Barclays.

I'm a Lloyds shareholder and am pretty pissed off that Gordon Brown (I'm going to save the world) put pressure on his mate in charge of the bank to take over HBOS.

Before the take over Lloyds TSB had a pretty strong balance sheet. Now its lumbered with a can of worms from HBOS and could end up being nationalised.

Comment

They have three options and all are quite nasty to try to avoid the depression which is a 50/50 chance. I bet they go nationlisation of all the banks.

£$
                  I read most of the currency blogs which affects me the most and its balanced on a knife edge. I can tell you that i have lost a small fortune since Xmas due to the slide. didnt go into business to become a currency trader which is in fact what my business is becoming...
                  trying to figure it out has become a 24/7 job

My guess is that a 1-6 chance that some bad news will come out about the EU that will deflect away from UK
                  Germany is coming of the rails very quickly and investors may shift the view...

That said there are still growing areas of business that are ripe for exploiting . The clever guys are beavering away at the new technologies and some big fortunes will  be made in the new industries like Energy and Robotics which is the next big thing.

The footsie will go down 5% at least

Comment

Probably a big plunge in the morning and a shaky rally in the afternoon.

Final result a little short of 5% down.

Glad I got out of most of my shares 4 months ago!

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

Britain is gonna take a lot more hammering before the money men shift their attention to the other big players of the EU.

Pensions is the next big excuse to get the hell out of dodge. These massive swindles are finally being exposed for what they are - a big black money hole that no one no matter how long they live can ever fill.

Also - the rise in crime and the treatment of people by local councils will start a quiet revolution this year and by November we'll be in something close to anarchy.

Come June I won't have a penny left there...

Comment

(Stogie @ Jan. 25 2009,14:27) So the FTSE 100 is currently 4052.47...

What is it gonna be after the close of play tomorrow, Monday 26th January 2009?

I'm guessing a fall of 7% so I chose option 6!

Come on you experts!  
                        your only half right.
                        You over bid.

4.5 at most.

Comment

9.06am FTSE: 4100 UP 47pts...

Seems the barclays statement is having the desired effect (so far)
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Well looks like we were all wrong!    FTSE100

After a shaky morning and early afternoon the index rose fairly quickly for about 3 hours and finished about 3.8% up on the start.

Barclays actually managed a rise of 73% on the day Barclays. Sounds a lot but it was really an improvement from not very good to slightly better.

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

The problems of RBS, Barclays and Lloyds will influence the FTSE for the rest of the year.

The only UK banks immune from all this are HSBC and Standard Chartered which are having a rather good recession.

Comment

Working...
                              X