X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life offers you a 'do-over!'

The deal is you are 29 y/o, have a decent life and job back home (wherever you are from), and a good future ahead of you.

However, by some random twist of fate, you have the opportunity to go to BKK with a reputable multi-national firm in an ok job making 70k thb/month (no other compensation provided). Money's not great, but you are offered somewhat of a chance of a lifetime.

Do you do it?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

If I was 29 then... YES. You will have to learn to live on a budget but you are young and smart enough to get back into civvy street when the gig is over.

Comment

In a heart beat...

these opportunities come along rarely & providing everything checks out, seize it with both hands.

The alternative will be a lifetime of wondering what if, never knowing what you passed up on, how different things might have been.

Take a leaf from Nike...........JUST DO IT!!
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Knowing what i know now the answer would have to be "Yes", although when you live here a little bit longer than the average tourist the polish of LOS does tend to wear off sometimes.

Comment

Think of how many of us would give our right arm to do something just like that & never get the chance................. There's ya answer
          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

I would think most of us would.   Be great to have lived a full life with all that knowledge gained and get a redo
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

go for it

Comment

As stogie has said, its your age thats in your favour.

Look at it as some sort of sabbatical, you can always go back to the old life if it doesnt work out, but it really is too good of an opportunity to miss out now.
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

how do the 70k compare to what you are doing back home?

you still have to pay taxes on your 70k... with these and the rent, I would be surprised if you have more than 30k to spend in a month.

anyway... with 29, not married, I'd do it!

Comment

Absolutely - Not one moments hesitation.

And, whilst there learn the language plus try and meet both-Thais and non-Thais in management positions and you never know whare it could lead - Hong Kong , Singapore, USA, etc.

Also keep an eye out for what you could export from Thailand or import into Thailand, it might lead to a business on the side which would not take up much time but could earn you extra money and/or the opportunity to build something for the future.

Do not miss the opportunity - Just do it!

Comment

id be gone in 2 shakes of an lb's tail

you can always go back to the old life
                      not sure about that KL...

Comment

No, I did the expat thing for 30 years in many different countries, some good some bad, including 3 years in Rio de Janeiro with exceptional enumeration's. But I have to say that after a while every place gets old and no matter how pretty or accommodating the girls are or how big the paycheck after 2 or three years it was always good to come home. Mind you, after 3 or 4 months at home I was ready to go again.
                        BETO

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Feb. 17 2009,09:28) The deal is you are 29 y/o, have a decent life and job back home (wherever you are from), and a good future ahead of you.

However, by some random twist of fate, you have the opportunity to go to BKK with a reputable multi-national firm in an ok job making 70k thb/month (no other compensation provided). Money's not great, but you are offered somewhat of a chance of a lifetime.

Do you do it?
                          If i were you id take the job dummy plug
                          just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Yes, I would go for it....especially if you knew what I went through at age 27...

Comment

Forget the cash side of it. Life should be about taking chances, the sin would be not to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X