X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are YOU prejudiced?

I've always held the belief that we are all prejudiced and that those who say they aren't are either liars or inhuman...

Maybe I'm wrong... what do YOU think?

I voted the first option. No amount of PC legislation or hippy social engineering can change my instinctive prejudgment of others.

Don't like it? Oh well... I guess I'm just a bad person!
    Hell yes... so fuck YOU, snowdrop'
    0%
    Yes, but I keep it to myself.
    0%
    Yes, but I try not to be.
    0%
    Occasionally but usually no.
    0%
    Used to be but I know better now.
    0%
    I'm not prejudiced... I think'
    0%
    I'm not prejudiced... I hope'
    0%
    No. It's a personal choice.
    0%
    No and you shouldn't be either.
    0%
    I honestly don't know...
    0%

I never trust a Corkman!
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

I don't think it can be helped but to be prejudiced at some point in your life, after all here in Ireland we were born prejudice against certain members of society that didn't suit or own way of doing things.

I voted #2 as i feel that it is better to keep opinions to yourself unless challanged to reveal them.
      i love t-girls

Comment

No 1 option damn strait i am.
        Where do i start?
        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Feb. 20 2009,15:31) I never trust a Corkman!
          Ya bollox ya
          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(sev7en @ Feb. 20 2009,15:55) No 1 option damn strait i am.
            Where do i start?
            Hey Bro, when you in LOS ?
            Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

option #1 for me, although thats based on other peoples opinion of me, fuck 'em in their ass I say, although I do strive to attain #'s 2&3,
              Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

Those who pre-judge live their lives by looking in their own social mirror and judge everyone else by what they see in their narrow view. Prejudice can be overcome by expanding your paradigm and seeking to understand people from their perspective....not yours.

Comment

No child is BORN racist! prejudice is learned and everybody learns. Just a question of what and from where.

Comment

Very true
                    I held certain prejudiced views when I was younger but my life experiences changed that , and for the better .

We are not born anything but a child , what goes on around us and what we are taught shapes us good or bad .
                    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(Torurot @ Feb. 21 2009,01:25) No child is BORN racist!
                      I disagree to some extent. I think people automatically fear what they do not understand, and racism is one form this fear can take. Although I understand your point. Humanist psychologist Carl Rogers would agree with you. I, however, see the external world as a terrible place.

I chose "Occasionally but I try not to be" as an option. Growing up in a big city, surrounded by a lot of different cultures can leave you open-minded. I'm not offended by gays, Asians, Latinos, Blacks, etc... However I have sometimes felt racist/bigoted about particular individuals.

I always feel guilty about it and I try to be a good person.

Comment

voted 4th as i try not to be! plus my dog is black
                        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

and brown...................

ok before the pc brigade jump the band wagon you can fuck off now as that was a light hearted joke and fuck all else!
                          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

I disagree to some extent. I think people automatically fear what they do not understand, and racism is one form this fear can take...
                            I agree.

I think that part of our reactions to our surroundings is at least partially due to our instinctive behavior over which we have no control.

You can't tell me every woman on earth has had a bad experience with a spider! Of course not. And most people have never even seen a snake so how do you account for the fear of them if everything is based on experience and what we learn as children.

Prejudice against color, perceived strange behavior and strangers is at least partly due to our instinctive human nature.

Now... how you deal with that prejudice is taught. You can be tolerant or not. You can be accepting or not. You can be passive or not...

If you really believe that you are not prejudice against people in any way then I really believe that you aren't human!

In fact; once you accept that you are flawed in this way, then and only then can you make yourself a better person by acting positively not to behave in this way.

Comment

I voted NO!! I am certainly not prejudice.

I can honestly say I hate everyone equally.
                              A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

Working...
                              X