Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't make it up BB, it was a hung jury.

The two holdouts were the jury forewoman and a Carribean guy who sometimes slept through the testimony.

I thought the defendant was an OK guy so I did not mind him going free; I doubt the case ever got retried. But it was clear to me he was guilty as charged so I kept voting guilty.

He had a sharp lawyer, this guy Warren who gets clients refered to him by Sharpton.

Warren wanted to make sure the jury knew he was out on bail and living a normal life, so before the jury room oprened the defendant would be sitting on the bench next to us wearing a nice suit and glasses and reading the New York Times. I bet the glasses were clear lenses but softened his image.

Jury selection is important. The defense often wants a person as foreman who is loathe to speak out a guilty verdict.

And in the testimony the lawyer brought out that the fefendant was from Barnados, and the Carribean juror kept saying how those from barbados are proud and good people.

Comment

I have served on one jury, civil case; been called a few times. Once I was excused because I was doing my own business out of the country and claimed hardship. However, the last time, I went through the whole process, but was not picked to serve, which is better because you get excused from service for a few years.

I found the civil case to be very interesting. One company suing another for infringements. I think it's best to be totally honest in the selection process and firm in your opinions. The lawyers seem to be looking for those who can be swayed...one way or the other.

Comment

Oh the sweet memories i still carry from my only jury duty back in the uk. I fronted up and was selected straight away on a rape case. Two braindead pakistanis had bundled an indian woman into a car and subjected her to a terrifying 24 hr ordeal in which they photographed each other assaulting her. Cutting a long story short the weak bastards went down for ten years   ..........another positive to come from my jury selection was the tasty bird i had befriended on my jury panel who was one of the best shags i have ever come across and we commenced a torrid 4 month affair which only ended when she mentioned her husband was due for release in a few weeks from his attempted murder charge   , jesus i don't half pick em  
        Hear all, see all, say nowt, well not much anyrode.

Comment

Picked once but managed to get excused! It is a civic duty like perth couple mentioned, but this is not for everyone. The thought of having to go, and losing wages, isn't such great thing to experience!
          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Here's the hung jury!
            Attached Files

Comment

Fuck me i wouldn't have got excused if they looked like that!
              i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Love to be part of Bam's "Hung Jury"  
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Working...
                X