X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End Of The Road For Cricket In Pakistan

Another cowardly and despicable act in the name of Allah.

This morning as the Sri Lankan cricket made it's way by bus to the ground in Lahore, Pakistan, they were attacked by terrorists. A group of armed men shot up the bus and threw a grenade which luckily missed. Several of the players sustained injuries and some of the security detail were killed. Here is a link to an article

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakvsl....12.html

Pakistan were supposed to hold the ICC Champions Trophy in September 2008 but a number of countries pulled out due to security concerns. Those concerns were obviously well justified and I'm glad that the tournament never went ahead. The Pakistan Cricket Board continually tried to reassure everyone that they could provide adequate security but sadly they were wrong.

Imran Khan has always been one to say that cricketers will never be attacked in Pakistan because the terrorists would "lose the heart and minds of the people". The cricketers are too revered by the people.
    http://www.nation.com.pk/pakista....an-Khan
    But obviously he doesn't understand the lengths to which these scum will go. It's sad that an intelligent and tolerant man like Imran Khan stands no chance in that country.

I am so glad that Australia has refused to tour Pakistan last year. I can't see any cricket being played in Pakistan for a long time to come.

I love cricket and it's a sad day.
    I don't get it, is this a magic show?

There were a couple of involved - Trevor Bayliss (Sri Lankan coach) and Steve Davis (one of the umpires). Both luckily survived unscathed.

Here is an account from Trevor Bayliss
    http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakvsl....90.html

I bet Geoff Lawson is happy he was sacked as Pakistan coach.

Comment

Awful news.

I feel sorry for the millions of cricket fans in South Asia that will now have no international matches for a few years.
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

The world needs a Thaksin "War on Terrorism"

Comment

The Pakistanis can play all their home fixtures at Old Trafford Manchester. The locals from Bolton, Oldham and Blackburn will turn up in their thousands to support the Pakistani team.

The ground doesnt have an Ashes test this summer so there are plenty of spare dates.

Comment

(manarak @ Mar. 04 2009,00:49) The world needs a Thaksin "War on Terrorism"
            Wise words.

The manufacturers of weapons are making too much money for the West to seriously let terrorism die.

It's just an expensive game of chess with millions of pawns sacrificed for the good of the Kings.

If countries like the UK, USA and Spain, etc, were really serious about eradicating terrorism it would have been done by now easily.

I'm afraid like many other horrors of the world (drugs, the motor industry, booze and cigarettes) it's just good business.

Comment

(Stogie @ Mar. 04 2009,09:53) The manufacturers of weapons are making too much money for the West to seriously let terrorism die.

It's just an expensive game of chess with millions of pawns sacrificed for the good of the Kings.

If countries like the UK, USA and Spain, etc, were really serious about eradicating terrorism it would have been done by now easily.

I'm afraid like many other horrors of the world (drugs, the motor industry, booze and cigarettes) it's just good business.
              I just watched a good documentary called Why We Fight about the American war machine and the politics behind it. The doco covers a number topics - one them being about defence contractors and the influence they have on politics. Particularly the case of Halliburton and Dick Cheney. There's big bucks in war.

http://www.66stage.com/documen....1983682

Comment

I noticed that road deaths in India are running at 160,000 per year since they introduced that death trap mini car...

and nobody blinks an eyelid

Comment

Hey stogie lay off the booze and fags!

Back to the cricket, what a bunch of twats!
                  When i first saw the report i thought it had happened in sri lanka!

It will fuck up south asia's only major contribution to sport for sure!
                  i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

these twats are going to have go at london 2012 thats for sure

Comment

Fuck the terrorists,that is simply not cricket. Lets grab our bat and ball & ball and go home!!

Comment

There are adequate defenses against such kind of attack... properly armed and manned...
                        Attached Files

Comment

looks like wormwood scrubs

Comment

Looks like Carcasonne in South West France

Comment

(manarak @ Mar. 05 2009,14:44) There are adequate defenses against such kind of attack... properly armed and manned...
                              Yes but who is going to man the Kebab shop?

In all serious Pakistan had it's head up it's arse for along time about the wacko's in their country. 20 years of Saudi Wahabi money funding countless fundamentalist Madrassas in a country where unemployment is rife is a recipe for disaster. Even after the attack some idiot politican in Pakistan was saying it was an Indian attack in reprisal for Mumbai.

I feel sorry for the majority of Pakistanis's who are no doubt good people being held hostage by the wackos. This is what happens when good men stand by and do nothing. This will be Europe in about 20 years.
                              Beer Baron

Comment

Working...
                              X