X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal background checks in the UK

my brother is wanting to follow me into care work/health work,but 30 years ago when he was 13 he was convicted of theft (nicked some fags from an ice cream van then sold them to a shop)will this show up on a cpr check in the uk or will it be wiped out by now?

I'm a bit rusty on this one so could be wrong  -  but I don't think they have changed it very much.

All offences remain on your record however long ago they were committed.
    My ancestor was transported to Australia in 1836 and you can still see his record.

The only ones that actually count are those which involve a term of inprisonment of more than 5 years.
    Or certain lesser offences  -  those that would get you on the sex offenders register  -  arson  -  offences involving weapons and maybe one or two others I've missed.

Your brother was a juvenile (under 15) and in any case he would not have been sent to jail for 5 years for such a minor offence so I would not worry.

You could go to a citizens Advice Bureau for more up to date information  -  which is also confidential and free.

RR.

Like the avatar - sort of reminds me of someone.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

convictions for theft wouldnt harm his chances for the job he's going for.
      plus 30yrs ago ? he would only have to disclose this up to 5-7 years after conviction.
      so i think he's pretty safe.

steviep

Comment

not doubting your question allstar,just a bit of a bizarre one for a lb forum,unless that is your brother intends to go for the job at the local ladyboy care home......................in which case.......sorry ive allready got my name down for the position as nurse/therapist/carer/caretaker/come on girls its time for all of you to get to bed......ill tuck you in ..........gota tell you its poor pay but ive a good heart so i dont mind
        robbo

Comment

(robbo @ Mar. 10 2009,04:06) not doubting your question allstar,just a bit of a bizarre one for a lb forum,unless that is your brother intends to go for the job at the local ladyboy care home......................in which case.......sorry ive allready got my name down for the position as nurse/therapist/carer/caretaker/come on girls its time for all of you to get to bed......ill tuck you in ..........gota tell you its poor pay but ive a good heart so i dont mind  
          Your a Fregg'n Nut !
          Funny shit,,,,,
          My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

...bizarre one for a lb forum....
            I think it is appropriate to ask a question that pertains to crime.
            Quite a few members here stand accused of crime. Against nature.

Do you see my point, ROB-bo?

Love, ab-BA

P.S.  I think there is a secret message hidden in the following text:

"The FISH BOX!
            All the fun stuff that is NOT ladyboy related!
            Can't keep it to yourself? Post it HERE!"

"I don´t know what to do. Losing sleep. Kicked from a chatroom on a board about worshipping young transsexual prostitutes.
            I´ve my fair share of disapointments and hardtimes in my life, but this....."

Comment

... ive allready got my name down for the position as nurse/therapist/carer/caretaker/
              Sylvester and Henri's temple retreat
              are looking for a few, good men.
              Now, there seems to be a candidate that might fit the bill.
              "I don´t know what to do. Losing sleep. Kicked from a chatroom on a board about worshipping young transsexual prostitutes.

Comment

sometimes i have a quirky sense of humour ,it has been noted in past,not least by my own good self,but then.......i do have a sense of humour,please do inform us all when yours may begin to kick in
                robbo

Comment

I have applied to the Robbo School of Eminent Humour.

I want to learn from the best.

The following song is dedicated to Robbo:
                  http://www.youtube.com/v/hXjJCbA5qc4&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/hXjJCbA5qc4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Joop, joop, joop my little daisy.

Comment

These days it depends on what religion they are allstar   , but your bro will be ok for sure mate, it will have been wiped for a minor offence  
                    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(abba @ Mar. 10 2009,07:30) I have applied to the Robbo School of Eminent Humour.

I want to learn from the best.

The following song is dedicated to Robbo:
                      http://www.youtube.com/v/hXjJCbA5qc4&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/hXjJCbA5qc4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Joop, joop, joop my little daisy.
                      go on go on go on apply to as many as you can,somehow i doubt youll get any response from any,mayby if the schools in need of a janitor you may hear back from them,if not let me know your address and ill post my boots to you so you can lick em.
                      robbo

Comment

Robbo,

You're a funny guy!

Don't let anyone get to you.

Cheers.

Comment

allstar, i cannot see how an offence committed as a juvenile would make any difference to a job in care, if your brother was 18 it might make a difference!

My Nhs trust who i work for have some strange policies regarding CRB checks. When you apply to work in nursing you have a CRB check, if you apply for a job in the same trust on another ward three months later, you have too repeat the whole procedure! Now if they move you to that same ward they don't do a CRB check As a lot of us move about in my trust we are for ever having bloody CRB checks at the taxpayers expense- when we already work for the bloody firm in the first place!
                          i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

In England minor offences are no longer on record after 10 years.

In the current political climate a juvenile offence could be regarded as serious and kept on the record indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                            X