Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you dummies like Beyonce?

Beyonce fans among least intelligent but Beethoven fans are cleverest

Your taste in music reflects your intelligence with fans of Beyonce among the most stupid and Beethoven listeners the cleverest, it is claimed.

The study was carried out by Virgil Griffiths, a PhD student in America, who compared students' scores in SAT exams with their favourite music acts and genres by analysing data on social networking sites.

On his website, musicthatmakesyoudumb, Griffiths describes the results of his study as "hilarity incarnate".

Never did like Beyonce myself.        

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

She looks fabulous, dances great, but.......Beyonce can not sing IMO.

Comment

She is the classic example of you don't have to be good, but if you look real good you can go along way. she isn't much better or worse than all these hot looking chic singers. Where would Mariah, Britney, Jessica, Christine, Shakira, and the spice girls be if they looked like Kaydee Lang?

Comment

WTF!!!      

That graph has to be the most meaningless, pointless thing I have ever seen...

Taking a limited sampling group & comparing such diverse artists, this guy has seriously been wasting his time.

No two people would ever agree on the outcome & to be putting such unknown want-a-be's up against Beethoven, what is the f**king point??

Beyonce sucks IMO but wouldn't we all like a slice of her income...
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

it's just a bit of fun P
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

I know...
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Mar. 15 2009,13:45) She is the classic example of you don't have to be good, but if you look real good you can go along way. she isn't much better or worse than all these hot looking chic singers. Where would Mariah, Britney, Jessica, Christine, Shakira, and the spice girls be if they looked like Kaydee Lang?
              Now Shakira can sing, lucky for her she has the looks and brains to go with it.

I think I read that she speaks 8 languages fluently including Arabic

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 15 2009,14:30) I know...      
                Deja Vu
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

(pentire @ Mar. 15 2009,14:45)
                  (Boarhog @ Mar. 15 2009,13:45) She is the classic example of you don't have to be good, but if you look real good you can go along way. she isn't much better or worse than all these hot looking chic singers. Where would Mariah, Britney, Jessica, Christine, Shakira, and the spice girls be if they looked like Kaydee Lang?
                  Now Shakira can sing, lucky for her she has the looks and brains to go with it.

I think I read that she speaks 8 languages fluently including Arabic  
                  not surprised - her father is an Arab (I think Lebanese)

Hence the belly dancing
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

My SAT scores were quite good...but I'm still a No.1 Spice Girls fan- since 1996! Sampling doesn't seem very smart for a PhD student =)

Beyonce's an entertainer. I don't think you can call many singers vocalists these days.

But I still love her though- damn that bod!

x
                    Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

Take out shakira if you like, and throw in Ciara, Hillary Duff, Lil Kim....I don't give any of them a listen these days. They all sound the same to me.

Ever since Madonna's sex appeal ruled the scene record producers have rolled out these hot as manufactured superstars. As long as the fandom (mostly teenage girls and gay men) eats them up, the music giants will dish them out. These woman/girls have paved the way for shows like idol. Further proving these bitches are a dime a dozen.

Comment

How about that study comparing those who just want to fuck Beyonce vs those who want to fuck Beethoven? Now there's be some interesting data!
                        "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

I think I could predict the result, I don't really think you'd need a survey for that one.
                          I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

Beyonce is great to look at, her singing; not special.  Her sister Solange's last album is better than anything she has ever done.  Not too many people know that her younger sister is also a singer.

Comment

Add any girls out of girl groups, like Beyonce out of Destinys Child. Hell, I'll yake the ugly one "Kelly Rowland" too have sex with, but niche of music sounds all the same to me.

They are great to look at, and who cares how they sing list. Fergie, Aleysha Keyes, Nelly Furtado and throw in a Simpson sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X