X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to trade Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler on his way out of Denver as of tonight.  Would you make the trade?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs....p-.html

Hell yes. Get that crybaby out of there as quick as possible. He is a cancer to the organization.

The problem for Denver is teams will offer 1st and/or 2nd round picks which require them paying huge signing bonuses that go against salary cap. Plus if they draft a QB they are not going to be ready to step right into a starting role and succeed.

The guy is talented no doubt, and many teams are desperate for a QB of his calibre so they will line up for this modern day spoiled athlete.

Comment

I saw that the talk on some of the sports shows, says the Jets, Lions and Bucs may be the front runners, as a Jets fan I'd welcome him, but playng in front of the NY media is a whole new ballgame for all of these athletes, buyer beware
      Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

I'll gladly let the Bears have a shot at him. He's a talented young quarterback and Kyle Orton clearly stinks.

Comment

Well all right!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl....,152578

Bring on the Cutler! Now I don't have to become a Colts fan.

Comment

People here in Denver are going crazy, the talk shows are going nuts.  People in Chicago are happy and here in Denver its 50/50.  I was shocked at first until I realized what the Broncos got in the trade.  1st and third round picks this year and a 1st round pick next year, plus Kile Orton.  The Broncos have 5 of the first 85 picks in this years draft.  I hope they can fix the defense!

Comment

(Thaime @ Apr. 03 2009,08:46) People here in Denver are going crazy, the talk shows are going nuts.  People in Chicago are happy and here in Denver its 50/50.  I was shocked at first until I realized what the Broncos got in the trade.  1st and third round picks this year and a 1st round pick next year, plus Kile Orton.  The Broncos have 5 of the first 85 picks in this years draft.  I hope they can fix the defense!
              I really, really, really did not like Orton as the starting quarterback at all. I felt like Rex Grossman should have been the dedicated starter, even with his glass-frame. He led the Bears to a freakin' Superbowl after all (his 2006 season was amazing). I'm not a Grossman cheerleader, mind you, but give the option of him or Orton, I'd go with Grossman every time.

But I do wish Orton the best in Denver. He didn't really get a fair shake from the sports media in Chicago (and the fans largely don't like him either). Denver clearly has an excellent offensive line and a few good receivers (the Bears had neither last season) so I can see Orton doing quite well in the Broncos organization. I would never begrudge a player, so best of luck to him.

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Apr. 03 2009,09:23)
                (Thaime @ Apr. 03 2009,08:46) The Broncos have 5 of the first 85 picks in this years draft.  I hope they can fix the defense!
                He led the Bears to a freakin' Superbowl after all (his 2006 season was amazing). I'm not a Grossman cheerleader, mind you, but give the option of him or Orton, I'd go with Grossman every time.
                Grossman led the Bears to a Superbowl?

The Bears defense took them to a Superbowl. Rex held the clip board most of the season while Orton just tried not to lose until Rex was healthy. In the conference Championship the Bears defense rescued the Bears and Rex.

The Bears filled a big need by getting Cutler, but what happens to him when Bears fans turn on him when and if he doesnt deliver? Those high draft picks cost the franchise a lot of money to sign, and rarely do they start pay off until a few years later. Denver will take some big salary cap hits when they have to sign all those picks. Agents negotiate by where the player went in the draft.

Good luck to Cutler, he will be casted as Da' Bears savior.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Apr. 03 2009,11:02) The Bears defense took them to a Superbowl. Rex held the clip board most of the season while Orton just tried not to lose until Rex was healthy.  
                  Uhh, whaaaa?? Grossman started all 16 games in the 2006 season.

Comment

Ummmm youre right. I'm thinking about the year before. however the point still holds true. The Bears defense took them to a Superbowl.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Apr. 03 2009,11:42)
                      Ummmm youre right. I'm thinking about the year before. however the point still holds true. The Bears defense took them to a Superbowl.
                      The defense is usually very good, point well taken.

Comment

Cutler is an animal! The Bears got a great QB. The dude threw for over 4500 yards - Elway never did that. He had no running backs and the D just sucked but the dude was just born to win. Reminds me of Farve.

As far as the trade - good for both teams. Denver gets some high draft picks, Chicago gets one of the top QB's in the game. Cutler's record when the Broncos D held the opponet to 21 pts or less was 13-1. Now some will give some of the credit to the Broncos receivers (Marshall and Royal) but honestly, I give all the credit to Cutler. He's the one that put the ball there where they can catch it.

He's the real shit - I loved watching him play last season.

Comment

This blockbuster trade has Chicago buzzing even with baseball starting. No matter how good Cutler is the recievers still have to catch the ball.

Last year the Bears reciever core couldn't catch radiation poisening at a KGB reunion dinner. Tight ends are ok, but the recievers are going to have to step it up to set up their running game.

Big question is who will win more games next season, Chicago or Denver?

Comment

Working...
                          X