X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You're Fat U May Be In Luck On United

Lots of press about United's crackdown on big people. A fat lady interviewed on TV was outraged.

But it actually seems like a good opportunity if you're a bit hefty. First find out if the flight is full. If not full, tell them you're fat and it seems as if they'll put an empty seat next to you.

April 15 (Bloomberg) -- United Airlines, the third-largest U.S. carrier, may force some obese travelers to buy a second seat when flights are full and other passengers complain about being cramped.

The policy brings practices at UAL Corp.€™s United in line with those at the other five biggest U.S. carriers including Delta Air Lines Inc. The rule took effect today after being adopted in January, said Robin Urbanski, a United spokeswoman.

United passengers previously €œhad to share their seat with the oversized guest€ on full planes, Urbanski said. Chicago- based United acted after receiving €œhundreds€ of public complaints each year, she said.

€œIt€™s going to perpetuate that negative stigma that€™s already associated with obesity,€ said James Zervios, a spokesman for the Obesity Action Coalition, a nonprofit advocacy group in Tampa, Florida. Airline seats already €œcould use a few extra inches of room on all sides,€ he said.

Urbanski said obese passengers on United will be reassigned to a pair of empty seats and won€™t be charged for an extra ticket on flights that aren€™t full. Travelers must be able to put the arm rest between seats down to its normal position and buckle a seat belt with one extension belt, she said.

There should be a limit, say 200KGs and after which you pay by the kilo for your ticket at the check in gate.

People should also be breathalyzed and tested for drugs. Those over a set limit or who test + for drugs should be refused entry on board.

Also - there should be no alcohol served on these flying bombs.

For too long passengers have treated airplanes as their own front rooms. Some of these people aren't fit to breath.

Comment

what? no alcohol? you're kidding, right?

new proposal:

- Every passenger can take up to 120 Kg with him (economy class), his own weight included. Normal surcharge applies to excess weight.

- Every passenger whose ass doesn't fit in a regular seat will be charged for 2 seats (but this also brings the weight allowance to 240 Kg).

And that's it from my side on fat passengers.
      There should be no trouble with these 2 simple rules.

What I am really outraged about, is that my 50 Kg wife has sometimes to pay surcharge because her luggage exceeds allowed weight by 5 or 10 Kg, and the 150 Kg fat hippo next in line doesn't!!!

Comment

I agree with your post. I think even over wieght people can see the logic behind airlines charging more based on size... at least I hope they do because pretty much all the USA airlines do now.

Comment

i think there should be a general ban of obese people flying fullstop.
          if you go to a fairground,on some rides there are height restrictions for safety reasons.
          if you had to evacuate an aircraft, a lard ass blocking the only (small) doorway is not good.
          but, if we are going to allow these human vessels on board, at least they can learn a few things about portion size.
          i also think its unfair that they have to walk in between check in and the aircraft.
          i think the golf trolleys shoud be provided to save their poor legs.
          asda has got it right, by providing carts for the lard arses to cruise round the store, therefore helping them to not lose any precious callories on the way round.
          you cant polish a turd.

Comment

Stogie you crack me up! Should I let you know when UAL starts hiring F/F's again?? I recently heard about the new policy on UAL. You know many airlines have had this same policy for years most notably Southwest. If I find myself in a position dealing with a POS (person of size if that aint PC claptrap I dont know what is) I will always elect to "punt" i.e have Customer Service (this is their domain anyway) or if need be get the Captain involved. Usually, when you are dealt a sticky situation as a cabin staff member, it a good idea to involve the Big Kahuna (no not Ray but the guy at the controls). They can do what they see fit...................

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
            Be careful out there!

Comment

I'll get my coat so
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

(anthony70 @ Apr. 16 2009,19:59) asda has got it right, by providing carts for the lard arses to cruise round the store, therefore helping them to not lose any precious callories on the way round.
                Is that right? Where in the UK is that? I know it's wrong but I wouldn't be able to stop pissing myself laughing if I saw that.

Also if were going to charge fatties for weight can we now charge Muslims for security (oops I mentioned the M word)
                Beer Baron

Comment

absolutely right about the carts in asda in sunny birmingham.
                  well, they are actually meant for disabled, but political bollox means they are now "for our special customers".
                  its not a coincidence that they are all above the 20stone mark.
                  there is even a wider checkout till.
                  then again, i suppose they spend more than me.
                  and not just on food.
                  they also have more square yards of skin to be kept clean.
                  you cant polish a turd.

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Apr. 16 2009,07:06) POS (person of size if that aint PC claptrap I dont know what is)
                    Thought that was the PC way to refer to Mint?

Comment

Working...
                    X