X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine flu - Are we doomed?

swine flu is everywhere in the news,are we doomed or is it another sars or bird flu media over reaction?
    yes we are doomed
    0%
    no it is over hyped media crap
    0%
    not sure
    0%

yes, we are doooooomed !

are you Dilbert?

Comment

DOOOME DOOOMED DOOOOOMED

Until we turn off the TV

Comment

Parental hysteria on Thursday at a school in Torbay Devon when a pupil was found to have got swine flu.

It does not help the situation when the head of the World Health Organisation states that the world is on the edge of a catastrophe with millions likely to die.

Some of us are old enough to remember Hong Kong flu in 1968. We just suffered for a few days and then got on with our lives.

Comment

im all for it.
          its good to have a clear out, thin the herd a bit.
          you cant polish a turd.

Comment

Quick, Mexico city population ~20Mil, how many die in that city on an average day from ordinary Pneumonia, heart attack, Bullet, Car crash etc etc.

Over hyped panic.

Comment

Hey....... you've got to fill up a news program with something.

Besides people take more notice of bad news than they do of good.

RR.
              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
              Kahuna

Comment

Somebody is doomed if it affects my trip to Hong Kong!

Comment

I'm a bit of germ phobic freak, but even I could tell that this ridiculous hype about swine flu is just more media nonsense designed to terrorize the masses.
                  It's the same kind of shit we get here in southern California when we get a few drops of rain in the winter and all the news outlets fall over themselves with STORM WATCH!!!!!!!
                  "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                  Salin' on a summer breeze
                  And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                  -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Another over-hyped media sensation "illness" to throw on the pile with SARS, Bird Flu, West Nile Virus, etc etc.

Comment

Just another attempt by some multi-national pharmaceutical company trying to pad their profit margin by scaring the public into getting something they don't need.

If you're gonna get the flu, you're gonna get the flu. Not flu shot is gonna stop it. The CDC and the WHO needs to stop yelling fire in the proverbial crowded movie theatre.

I haven't had the flu in over 10 years. I last had it in '96'. I just covered up on the couch and toughed it out.

IMHO, we don't need to be swallowing every little new pill that the FDA approves for any ailment that comes this way. It's getting to the point where the "cures" have worse side effects than the ailment. Let your body learn how to defend itself the way nature intended.
                      It's been a rough day. I got up this morning ... put a shirt on and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Comment

We're doomed captain
                        Attached Files
                        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(Torurot @ May 02 2009,17:59) Over hyped panic.  
                          I doubt it.

The virus exists and the problem is is that it takes a long time to understand how it evolved and how many its going to wipe out.  Yes the media may hype it up a bit but its possbily worse than they even know....I doubt if its over hyped.

The Spanish Flu after WW1 killed more people than the war, around 50,000,000....no hype there .

Comment

Given the number of people that have caught it, died, it is overhyped. A number confirmed to have it, that are already well is very large. Containment is one thing, shutting down Mexico, Killing pigs in countries that don't even HAVE it. Yep well overhyped. Dishing out Tamiflue to people who are showing NO sign of any flue. That just breads antibiotic resistance and is a WAY overreaction, and dangerous to boot.

Given the Spanish flue (Avian?) happened at the end of four years of war, where *huge* sections of the population where undernourished and unwell, that knowledge of germs, and antibiotics were at their infancy, had it happened today, how many would have died?

Comment

This photograph may help to explain how this disease first spread.  

Cheers
                              Koykaeng
                              Attached Files
                              Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

Working...
                              X