X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladyboy books on Kindle?

I just finished ready Private Dancer by Stephen Leather on my Kindle. The Kindle is a great way to read titles while traveling without attracting attention. The book is a great Bangkok GG story €“ told from various points of views.

It got me to thinking; are there any similar kind of books on lady boys?

I really want to read Red-Light Nights, Bangkok Daze by William Sparrow but it€™s not available for the Kindle or PDF format :-(

(MikeNH @ May 13 2009,23:44) It got me to thinking; are there any similar kind of books on lady boys?
    The Immoralist by André Gide:

"The Immoralist is narrated by Michel, and he is the central protagonist. The story follows Michel through his near death experience with tuberculosis and into his 'rebirth'. When he recovers from the tuberculosis Michel turns from his previously academic life into a more physical and sensual existence. He feels as if his true self has been revealed, and he turns to his senses, describing how things look or smell. He also becomes much more aware of the young boys around him, savouring their youth, health and perfection. Michel is torn between society and its conventions, and his repressed homosexuality and this brings him into crisis."
    My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

I cannot emphasis it enough-especially guys that have limited experience trolling in Thailand. You must read CONFESSIONS OF A BANGKOK PRIVATE EYE. Must reading!
      Be careful out there!

Comment

(MikeNH @ May 13 2009,08:44) Kindle
        What's the best website where only free pdf books are listed?

Is there a way to filter out the paid books on Google Books or other sites?

Comment

I recommend the Bangkok trilogy by John Burdette. Bangkok 8, Bangkok Tattoo, Bangkok Haunts. All great with spot on Bangkok and Thailand descriptions. Very amusing main character, Detective Somchai Jitleecheep, a Thai/American son of a a Patpong prostitute. Ladyboy characters appear in all three novels.

Comment

The Ladyboy Forums with Stogie! » EXTRAS ~ The silly (and sensible) stuff that fits nowhere else! »
            The FISH BOX! » What are you reading?

Post Number: 163  thegame925  Posted on: May 14 2009,17:23

John Burdett who has written three books in the the Sonchai Jitpleecheep series, has a fourth book,The Godfather of Siam due to be released in the UK on 21 May 2009, and in the USA in September 2009,  according to Amazon.

If the new novel is as good as the first three, then it will be a really good summer read for Forum Members.

Comment

Working...
            X