Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have problems spelling

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
    In waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is  that the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Fcuknig amzanig huh?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
    by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
    So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    --- Mark Twain

Is that why you call yourself Bob?

Easy to remember that the big "B" comes first...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Side Show Bob @ May 21 2009,10:32) Fcuknig amzanig huh?
      Not really .... Donnnnny has been using this lingo for ages
      TT

Comment

Since TXting it's become easier to read.

Comment

this is old news - was posted last year
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

I think my older brother PigDogg posted this here back then.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

I never had any large respect for good spelling. That is my feeling yet. Before the spelling-book came with its arbitrary forms, men unconsciously revealed shades of their characters and also added enlightening shades of expression to what they wrote by their spelling, and so it is possible that the spelling-book has been a doubtful benevolence to us.
              - Mark Twain's Autobiography

...ours is a mongrel language which started with a child's vocabulary of three hundred words, and now consists of two hundred and twenty-five thousand; the whole lot, with the exception of the original and legitimate three hundred, borrowed, stolen, smouched from every unwatched language under the sun, the spelling of each individual word of the lot locating the source of the theft and preserving the memory of the revered crime.
              - Mark Twain's Autobiography
              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

I used to write operating instructions for some seriously heavy machinery.
                When you write things like that you sometimes are so involved with the document that you can't see the mistakes or bits that don't make sense.

Luckily one of the guys I was working with was a born and brought up Welsh speaker. He only started learning English from 5 years of age when he started school.

It meant that he had to read something in English properly and convert it in his head.
                I used to stick what I had written under his nose knowing full well he would immediately spot anything that did not scan correctly.

Funilly enough his own English grammar could be described as a little peculiar.

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

Spelling in English is fucking hard for me. It is partially phonetic but mostly it is not. The sounds of the vowels seem completely arbitrary, and I can never remember where and when to use double consonants.
                  If it were not for spell check I'd look like a total fucking illiterate.
                  I seem to have some kind of a problem with spelling, in that I have a hard time spelling even the simplest word out loud; I have to write it down.
                  This is especially annoying since I make my living with languages.
                  "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                  Salin' on a summer breeze
                  And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                  -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Working...
                  X