Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New logo, background nav bar, etc!

Updated the layout slightly...

New background, logo and navigation bars at the top and bottom of each page.

(Also got rid of the nasty red 'Search' button and restored the old one.)

Is this better or worse?

If there are any other tweaks you want to see, then let me know.

Stogie...
    (Always doing things for his fellow LB lover!)
    Attached Files
    Much better
    0%
    Better
    0%
    About the same
    0%
    I preferred it before
    0%
    I didn't notice
    0%
    I don't care
    0%

It looks much better now , my compliment

Cheers , Stealth
    *I Am A Certified Fillipino Ladyboy Lover & I Love Elegant And Gothic Crossplay Angels ( Home Of The Braves ) *

Comment

Changed the navigation cell colors from white/grey to blue/blue...
      Attached Files

Comment

Finally a bigger text area for the REPLY feature!

(I've been trying to figure that one out for years!)
        Attached Files

Comment

Noticed it tonight, and appreciate that "the LadyBoyForums" masthead has changed colour, and viability. Much less attention seeking for those walking past.

Comment

sorry i did not notice

Comment

I find the nav. bar a bit to small with the writing but in general the layout looks better, well done
              i love t-girls

Comment

preferred the old navbars and search button still red for me
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

How about adding iB Code buttons that correspond to the quoted post one is replying to? Then it would be easy to highlight in bold a particular part of the quoted post one is making their reply comment about.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(bigmick22 @ May 23 2009,10:13) and search button still red for me...
                    Do a 'hard refresh' (finger on ctrl button when you hit reload) and it'll show up!

Comment

(Lefty @ May 23 2009,10:53) How about adding iB Code buttons that correspond to the quoted post one is replying to? Then it would be easy to highlight in bold a particular part of the quoted post one is making their reply comment about...

You can edit this quote anyway you want to!
                      I'm trying to understand this...

Doesn't the 'Quote' button work for you?

If you hit the 'Quote' button the entire post comes up with a reply box.

You can edit the quoted post and also apply the usual IB code for BOLD, etc...

I have provided an example in this quoted post!

If I didn't understand please let me know!

Comment

If I just click the iB Code Buttons they only appear in the reply box. If I want to use them in the "original post to quote" box, I can type them in where I want them, but if there is a way to click an iB Code Button and have the corresponding code appear in the "original post to quote" box, I do not know how.

Many football forums I belong to, have such a feature. But then again, they have the quoted post appear in the same box as the reply is added in, just wrapped in quote code. This system prevents a string of quoted posts from being attached to each subsequent reply. Just the immediately prior post will show as quoted.
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Ah... Now I understand!

One of the drawbacks of using very old software is that some really useful features are not available.

One of the things that we should have is the ability to more easily use the forum tags which help us to make text bold italic underlined bigger or even a different color!

Like you say - all newer forums provide easier ways to format text in regular posts or quotes.

Unfortunately I don't have the skills to work that kind of magic!

But I still would like to stick with this forum software program because it's so easy for users to learn and get used to.

One day, of course, we'll have to upgrade the lot and modernize!

Comment

Overall though, what makes this forum great is the content of the posts. I think most of the time, if the bells and whistles features were more easily used, many of us, me anyway, would play with them needlessly like a new toy.
                            If the best more cost efficient way for the forum to keep going is with the current software, then so be it.
                            If you used the same software that http://blackandgold.com/ and http://www.saintsreport.com/ used, for example, it would probably use more bandwidth, I guess, and not make the info shared here any better, and that is the guts of the forum, or any forum.
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

It's not a cost issue. I'd pay a programmer to add the bits that are missing from this forum's software and the cost of that would be in excess of buying a new program!

Comment

Working...
                              X