X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Movie...

Just wanted to do a post about the new Star Trek movie. Saw it in Pattaya Central Festival Mall on May 18 with my regular lb and 2 of her friends.

It is a well done movie. Full of action and good character development. No need to be a Star Trek fan to understand what is going on. However, fans will appreciate the excellent way the prequel ties into the original series, some fine touches with Sulu showing his hand to hand combat training is fencing, how McCoy got into Star Fleet, the revelation of James T. Kirk's middle name and other moments fans will love.

The action is intense, good fight scenes - not only hand to hand, but ship vs ship as well.

If 3 lbs can enjoy this movie it is no wonder it is one of the top grossing movies this year so far. It was an amusing touch that my regular lb and her friends called me "captain" for a while after the movie!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Great movie and Olay enjoyed it too!

Comment

Marla and I saw it a few weeks back and enjoyed it as well. We both decided it was worth at least an 8/10 rating.

Comment

I've been a Star Trek fan since the 60's...loved this movie...downloaded it and watched it...I give it a 10 for sure.

Comment

Very popular on my planet Bator too.

But there the next generation series are more popular due to the resemblance of Captain Jean Luc Picard to their Master....
          Attached Files
          Lost in Space!

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Jun. 04 2009,05:14) Marla and I saw it a few weeks back and enjoyed it as well. We both decided it was worth at least an 8/10 rating.
            8/10 because we smuggled Popeye's fried chicken & biscuits into the theatres.
            I'm not sitting through a sci-fi flick without ample comfort food.

10/10 because Bruce Greenwood as Captain Pike is SEXXXAY

I'm sure the LBs would love it for Chris Pine
            Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

9/10

Comment

9/10

What I liked most is that they showed how the characters of Kirk and Spock were formed in their younger years.
                Spock's battle of heart and mind ( emotion vs logic) reminds me of my many years as a Westerner in Asia and of what my Eurasian children have to cope with.

What I did not like is the messing around with time travel and that Vulcan was blown up (which as far as I know is not according to the original story.)
                Lost in Space!

Comment

Yes, they did a good job showing the early characters - the time travel and Vulcan blowing up was to bring the series into an alternate time stream. One of the goals of this movie was to bring in a new generation of fans to the franchise. I hope that it will be successful and while it changed some of the original series situations (blowing up Vulcan), I think it still captured the spirit of Star Trek.

I think it is one of the best Star Trek movies so far, and also give it a 9/10.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                  Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread
                  New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                  Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(Master Bator @ Jun. 04 2009,22:42) What I did not like is the messing around with time travel and that Vulcan was blown up (which as far as I know is not according to the original story.)
                    Zack posting:

My friend is a huge star trek nerd and explained the logic behind this. The JJ Abrams star trek takes place in an alternate universe so it has no effect on the original series.
                    Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

Is this the one with Darth Vader
                      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I've also been a Star Trek fan since I was a kid.
                        I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure I will soon.
                        All the reviews and comments from people how have seen it have been very postive.
                        I'm gonna get super when I go.
                        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                        Salin' on a summer breeze
                        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Attached Files
                          My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

(rxpharm @ Jun. 04 2009,22:54) I think it is one of the best Star Trek movies so far, and also give it a 9/10.
                            I saw it...3 times..its great and J.J.Abrams did any amazing job revitalizing Star Trek
                            All of that being said, the best Star Trek movie is and always shall be
                            The Wrath of Khan

KhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaN !!!

I am bummed that it didn't play in Imax in Bangkok.
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Is that you Snick?
                              Attached Files
                              My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Working...
                              X