X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

hanging from his hotel room by the cords used to open sand close the drapes. He failed to show up on set or at a preplanned dinner and they went to check on him and found him hanging. No foul play is suspected and he had been dead about 12 hours according to police. Its being handled as a suicide. He was a pretty neat actor. Was age 70 or 72

from THE NATION:

David Carradine Found Dead in Bangkok

"Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill" star David Carradine was found hung himself in a closet in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

Police believed he committed suicide.

Carradine, 72, was in Bangkok to shoot his latest movie, Stretch, and stayed at a Suite Room 352 of the Park Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road since June 2.

The film crew were aware of his absence when they went to dine out at a restaurant on Sathorn Road on June 3.

Carradine did not show up at the dinner and the team could not reach him. They assumed that he took a rest because of his age.

It was a hotel's maid who opened his suite on Thursday at 10 am only to find Carradine in a closet. He was described as behind half naked.

Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope, the kind that is used with curtains.

Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no sign of fighting and assaults.

His personal manager, Chuck Binder, told BBC that the news was "shocking", adding: "He was full of life, always wanting to work... a great person."

Aside from Quentin Tarantino's two-part "Kill Bill" in 2003 and 2004, Carradine was perhaps best known for his role as the fugitive half-Chinese Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s easternwestern TV drama "Kung Fu". He also starred in Martin Scorsese's "Boxcar Bertha" in 1972, portrayed folksinger Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory" in 1976, acted in Ingmar Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and co-starred with half brothers Keith Carradine and Robert Carradine in the 1980 western "The Long Riders".

His father was the noted actor John Carradine.

In Thai cinemas, Carradine was recently seen as a martial arts guru in the Rob Schneider comedy "Big Stan" and as a perverted elderly Chinese mobster in "Crank: High Voltage" starring Jason Statham.

Comment

David Carradine found dead in wardrobe of Bangkok hotel
      Attached Files

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jun. 04 2009,09:23) Police believed he committed suicide.

Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope, the kind that is used with curtains.

Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no sign of fighting and assaults.
        This seems very suspect to me. Until some more compelling evidence comes to light, I'm not going to buy David Carradine just decided to kill himself.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

that's not the way it works in investigations.

you'll only very rarely find "proof" that there was no foul play

Comment

Then I guess the suicide thing will never be something I'll buy regarding Carradine.

Seems like every time we hear of a dead falang found alone in a hotel room or apt in Thailand, they call it suicide. How very convenient.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

This man has had a troubled life. This shouldn't really come as a big surprise and at 72 I'm amazed he made it as far as he did.

Comment

As a kid in the 70s Kung Fu was my favorite show. All that eastern philosophy combined with some good ole ass-kicking was just awesome!
                RIP Grasshopper
                "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                Salin' on a summer breeze
                And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                -Harry Nilsson

Comment

In a closet?with a curtain cord ? Maybe auto erotic asphyxiation?

x
                  Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

(strocube @ Jun. 05 2009,02:34) As a kid in the 70s Kung Fu was my favorite show....
                    Bored the shit out of me. There was never enough ass kicking!

(Naang Faa @ Jun. 05 2009,02:37) In a closet? with a curtain cord ? Maybe auto erotic asphyxiation?
                    At 72? Well, what a way to go, eh?

Comment

(strocube @ Jun. 05 2009,02:34) As a kid in the 70s Kung Fu was my favorite show. All that eastern philosophy combined with some good ole ass-kicking was just awesome!
                      RIP Grasshopper  
                      My feelings exactly.  I picked up Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse, at the same time for my English Lit. class.  I liked the way Caine could catch knives, arrows, hatchets thrown at his back.  I read that Bruce Lee really, really wanted that part.  He would have provided better ass-kicking action, but America was not ready for a Chinese prime time tv star.

Comment

CARRADINE REP DENIES SUICIDE

Actor David Carradine was found hanging in his closet, according to a Thai police official. The nylon rope used is believed to be from the window curtains of his hotel in Bangkok.

There was no sign of forced entry into his room. Autopsy results are not available yet.

A family spokeswoman issued a short statement saying the family "is devastated by the news of David's passing." The rep denies that it was a suicide and calls the hanging death "accidental," according to TMZ.

"Circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown, and there will be no further comment until more information can be confirmed," the statement said.

"The family appreciates the many expressions of condolence, and asks for privacy at this time."

The actor was 72.

| Rachel Skybetter, The Kansas City Star

no comment needed.

Comment

rip bill
                          You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

(strocube @ Jun. 05 2009,02:34) As a kid in the 70s Kung Fu was my favorite show.
                            My theory is the ghost of Bruce Lee caught up with him and forced him to eat grasshoppers, thus suffocating him , all for stealing Bruces part in Kung Fu ................
                            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

R.I.P David,

Thanks to you i won a 1000 baht on a bet with Ladyboy Crush
                              Attached Files
                              My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Working...
                              X