X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Pittsburgh Penguins

Congrats to the penguins for stuffing the Redwings on their home ice last night to win the stanley cup.

Pittsburgh is truly the City of Champions this Year!!!

Hard luck, Smuttley       what happened with the old avatar?
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

No wonder smuttleydfs changed his avator to a Detroit Tigers logo. Jumped on their bandwagon for the first time since they lost to the Cardinals in the lowest rated World Series in history. That Cards team won the least amount of games in the regular season than any other team. They quickly found out the Tigers pitchers couldn't handle a bunt.

Well Pittsburgh is having a great run in sports with Superbowl champ and now hockey. They became the first road team to win a game 7 since the Montreal canadians beat the Chicago Blackhawks in 1971 at the Stadium.
    Congrats to the Pens.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 13 2009,07:10) Congrats to the penguins for stuffing the Redwings on their home ice last night to win the stanley cup.

Pittsburgh is truly the City of Champions this Year!!!

Hard luck, Smuttley       what happened with the old avatar?  
      The Pens revealed some serious flaws in the Wings offense.........of course we won't mention how the Wings had of their top 18 out off and on during the playoffs including Nick Lidstrom who should have the Norris trophy changed to the Lidstrom trophy after he retires. Probably the sweetest part of the loss was the "annoited one" Cindy Crysby had absolutely nothing to do with the win and the Red wings owner Mike Ilitch ignored Gary Buttman's attempt at a pathetic handshake.

Bottom line even with the injuries and all the Wings were outplayed in too many concepts to have won. They will be back because they are the class of the NHL regardless of how much the league and the networks hate because they a European dominated team much to the chagrin of the canadian dominated announcers and league officials. Ken Holland and Mike Ilitch are head and shoulder above the rest of the owners and GMs in all sports and will smply rebuild and plug the holes and will be back in the playoffs every year like always.

KL I changed to the Tigers simply because the Wings are done for a couple of months and the Tigers are back where they belong in first place in the AL central. Being from the great state of Michigan athletic team wise you can pretty much pick or choose which team you would like to be represented by........MSU in college hoops, Michigan in college football (and yes they will be back real soon) the Tigers, the Wings, the Pistons, everyone but the Lions.....in fact since 2000 there hasn't been a year when there hasn't been some team from Michigan contending for a championship of some form.

So even with the Lions I'll take Detroit and Michigan sports over any other state or city.

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

I know - was boarhog who questioned that!!

Better luck next year!!
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 14 2009,13:21) I know - was boarhog who questioned that!!

Better luck next year!!
          Wouldn't know I clicked "ignore" on boringswine" months ago.........

Wings will be back and I hope the Pens are too. I'd love to see Cindy Crysby get his comeuppance after disrespecting Nick Lidstrom one of the classiest gentlemen in sports and not giving him the traditional post game handshake between captains. Hockey is the only sport that does that and to disrespect that and the game is a really sad.

BTW you realize that Dan Blysma who did a masterful job of coaching the Pens in these playoffs is from Michigan and played juniors in the state........just goes to show.

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

I read that Lidstrom had surgery during the finals?

Shame that the Redwings couldn´t pull it off in the last game
            "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Wouldn't know I clicked "ignore" on boringswine" months ago.........

You mean after eating crow courtesy NCAA tourney? Funny how you were touting Michigan football, and the Redwings but never mentioning the Tigers, but now they are on top the worst division in the AL youre backing them. Careful don't fall when you hop on the bandwagon as it goes by.

If the Redwings won that game 7 you would still have their avator up instead of your frontrunner support. I'm sure when the Tigers fade (and they will) we'll see another logo go up and then when OSU or State kncoks them off we'll see a Pistons logo make its debut until they are no longer a frontrunner.

Comment

(sev7en @ Jun. 14 2009,13:57) I read that Lidstrom had surgery during the finals?

Shame that the Redwings couldn´t pull it off in the last game
                Lidstrom confirmed he had surgery, It is rumored Datsyuk had surgery yet this didn't stop Malkin from slashing both of Datsyuk's feet, Ericsson had his apendix out, Draper played with a pulled groin throughout like I said before with 6 of their top 18 out for the playoffs the Wings held their own and they will be back and it looks like another decent rivalry like the Avs and the Wings in the past.....and the Wings turned that into a domination eventually...........best organization in US sports without a doubt

Comment

Booyah Pens for that awesome cumback        
                  You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Thought about you Smutts when the Pens upset the Wings. Could be worse as I support Man City and the NY Mets.......AND CASTILLO DROPS THE BALL!!!!

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

nice one pittsburgh putting one over the red wings its my team next year the sharks

Comment

(allstar88 @ Jun. 15 2009,16:28) nice one pittsburgh putting one over the red wings its my team next year the sharks
                        The Sharks have to learn how to get out of the 1st round. The Sharks and the Ducks scared me more then the Pens but............

Yeah BB I can't understand how the Mets can invest that kind of money and still struggle. I prefer them to the Yankees still

Comment

Not to get off topic but have you seen the injuries the Mets ahve had?? Thats a BIG reason. The Phils are probably better though even when the Mets are at full strenght.
                          Be careful out there!

Comment

baseball,i like florida

Comment

Besides Smuttley I'm also a died-in-the-wool Red Wings fan. Pittsburgh had the backing of Bettman and his cronies during this series. Not to mention an easier schedule than the Red Wings. If Detroit hadn't been beaten up so much by Anaheim I bet it would have been a different story.

Depending on how tired the boys of winter are come this time next year, perhaps we'll have grudge match. And, of course, if the refs wake up and call penalties (how many referees do you have to have on the ice before they call a  too-many-men-on-the-ice-penalty ) the way they're supposed to be and the commish doesn't rescind any game misconduct penalties for his pet faves.

Smuttley and I may not agree on which is the better college basketball team in the state. But we know which is really the better NHL hockey team.

GO WINGS!!
                              It's been a rough day. I got up this morning ... put a shirt on and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X