Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wimbledon

Wimbledon 2009: Murray v Federer...not

I wonder when Murray supporters will ever see he is just a good player, but not amongst the best. He didn't have to play any good players to get to the semi's, but struggled to get there. Then he faced the first good player being Roddick and goes down in 4. If Murray were not British, he'd be just a fly on the wall that no one cares about like Davydenko. He has not won any major titles and only managed to reach the finals one time. Yet so many people continue to predict he will win it all everytime. It's starting to look like Henman all over again.

Comment

most of england wanted the scots twat to lose

Comment

(jadeite @ Jul. 04 2009,10:02) Wimbledon 2009: Murray v Federer...not

I wonder when Murray supporters will ever see he is just a good player, but not amongst the best.
        He´s good , but not a No 1 , with the winner mentality it takes, just like Henman.

Great Britain hasn´t won Wimbledon since 1936!!!
        I find that hilarious, since they believe they are the best in the world in tennis, football etc.
        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(jadeite @ Jul. 04 2009,10:02) Wimbledon 2009: Murray v Federer...not

I wonder when Murray supporters will ever see he is just a good player, but not amongst the best.
          At the same age Roger Federer ( who is arguably the best of all time , imo Laver is the best of all time ) had won 1 Grand Slam Title and his other best finish was a couple of QF's .

Presently Murray's notable results in Slams , 1 Final , 1 Semi Final and 2 Quarter Finals . Seems too early to write him off as just a good player .

I predict Murray will win between 2 and 5 Slams in his future career
          and cement his place along side the likes of Courier , Vilas and Safin .

Comment

I could give a shit which man wins any tournament. My love, Serena, won the women's, that is all that matters.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Another comparison:

Djokovic grand slam results: Win, Final, SF, SF
               Murray grand slam results: Final, SF, QF, 4R

Djokovic is not only more successful than Murray, but younger too. Murray is a force to be reckoned with, but mainly hype at this point. Following an early French Open exit, Wimbledon showed again he isn't there yet.

Comment

Classic Classic Classic!!!!!!!!!!!

Federer pulls it out over Andy 16-14 in the fifth set!!!!!

First time I sat thru the whole finals in years and it was awesome!!!

Congrats Roger on your 15th

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Great final. I hoped and thought Roddick had it after 4th set.
                  "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

see roddick cry what a faggot

Comment

anybody see woody allen and his wife/daughter in the crowd?

Comment

(allstar88 @ Jul. 05 2009,17:10) see roddick cry what a faggot
                        That "faggot" sure kicked your countryman Murray's ass

Not a big Roddick fan but the kid played his ass off and a least he has been there 3 times now

And it will probably be another 73 years before another brit gets that close again

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Jul. 06 2009,04:46)
                          (allstar88 @ Jul. 05 2009,17:10) see roddick cry what a faggot
                          That "faggot" sure kicked your countryman Murray's ass  

Not a big Roddick fan but the kid played his ass off and a least he has been there 3 times now

And it will probably be another 73 years before another brit gets that close again  

murray is not my countryman sir he is scottish i am english and only a faggot would cry at losing a game of tennis

Comment

(allstar88 @ Jul. 05 2009,18:26) murray is not my countryman sir he is scottish i am english and only a faggot would cry at losing a game of tennis
                            And only a pathetic jerk wold look at one of the greatest tennis duels and only take that from it.

It's no wonder your country wins at nothing

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Jul. 06 2009,05:41)
                              (allstar88 @ Jul. 05 2009,18:26) murray is not my countryman sir he is scottish i am english and only a faggot would cry at losing a game of tennis
                              And only a pathetic jerk wold look at one of the greatest tennis duels and only take that from it.

It's no wonder your country wins at nothing

we are world champs at conkers and cheese rolling

Comment

Working...
                              X