First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most annoying technology!

I love technology and gadgets...

My latest is a very cool ZEN X-Fi!

But there is also some bloody annoying rubbish out there too.

Here is a list of my personal pet hates when it comes to technology...

Do you agree? What are some of yours?

1 - The REAL Player and ANYTHING made by these cunts!
    2 - ALL Adobe products.
    3 - Bluetooth. I've never figured out this fucking stupid feature on any of my laptops and even when someone else figures it out for me I'm thinking..."So fucking what!"
    4 - Quicktime Player and everything else by these fucking stupid tiresome fashion geeks.
    5 - Cars that won't shut the fuck up if you don't buckle up!
    6 - Automated customer service lines... 'For English press 1...' WTF!
    7 - All networking sites... MySpace, FaceBook, etc. Get some fucking dignity you wankers!
    8 - Rechargeable AA or AAA batteries! Fucking waste of time.
    9 - Musical ring tones. It's not clever you twat!
    10 - Scrolling down to the bottom of a fucking great list of countries to find United States or United Kingdom. Put the proper countries AT THE TOP!
    11 - All websites designed by Philippinos or Japanese. They ALL SUCK!
    12 - Microsoft Help! Well, this probably qualifies as the most badly named pile of shit ever invented!
    13 - Blogs! The only people who read these fucking things are the people that write them!
    14 - Movies which have sacrificed plot and characters for CGI. Grrr!
    15 - Online articles that cut their articles in to 5 or more pages when one long page would have done... to generate advertising clicks?
    16 - SPAM with my name on it!
    17 - The CapsLock button. On every keyboard I have ever owned or used it's too near the 'A'.

I got loads more.... how about you?

(Non techy gripes will be deleted!)
    Attached Files

What happened to your blog?
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

I was the only one that read it!

Comment

Great thread idea, Stogie. I'll respond to some of your tech gripes.

1 - The REAL Player and ANYTHING made by these cunts!
        Agreed 100%. When was the last time Real Player was even relevant? 1998? I know I haven't used it since at least Windows 98. It's a fucking stupid media player and I hate when some sites don't update their video files, forcing you to download a Real Media clip.

2 - ALL Adobe products.
        I don't mind Flash at all. But I do hate .pdf files. I have to work with these things several times a week. It's so annoyingly hard to copy past and make personal edits to the files.

3 -
        Bluetooth. I've never figured out this fucking stupid feature on any of my laptops and even when someone else figures it out for me I'm thinking..."So fucking what!"
        Agreed that Bluetooth isn't as useful as it could be. We used to use it to send ringtones back and forth when I was younger, but that was about it. Also, it lead to those annoying headsets.

4 - Quicktime Player and everything else by these fucking stupid tiresome fashion geeks.
        I don't care for Quicktime Player, but I don't mind the iTunes player.

5 - Cars that won't shut the fuck up if you don't buckle up!
        Ayup! I don't always need my seatbelt, so there's no reason to ring in my ears constantly.

6 - Automated customer service lines... 'For English press 1...' WTF!
        Honestly sometimes I'd rather talk to a machine than a person, but the voice recognition software can be tedious, especially when ordering a plane or train ticket.

7 - All networking sites... MySpace, FaceBook, etc. Get some fucking dignity you wankers!
        I really hate MySpace. I think it's ugly and poorly designed. I also fucking hate Twitter, and I hate that it's reached the level it has. All American news is dominated now with "Such and such celebrity used Twitter to do such and such" and it's so fucking annoying. I don't give a FUCK about what a celebrity had for lunch. I can't wait for this fad to end. I will NEVER have a fucking Twitter account.

All that being said, I like Facebook.

8 - Rechargeable AA or AAA batteries! Fucking waste of time.
        Agreed. Also, they never last as long as advertised. Regular batteries are cheap enough that you don't really need them.

9 - Musical ring tones. It's not clever you twat!
        A thousand times yes! I used to like these, but then realized how fucking stupid they are. I especially hate it when older women (in the cougar age range) have fucking stupid rap or R&B as their ring tone so they can try and feel young.

10 - Scrolling down to the bottom of a fucking great list of countries to find United States or United Kingdom. Put the proper countries AT THE TOP!
        This is really annoying. Who the fuck in Azerbaijan is buying Cubs tickets for example? No one, that's who.

99% of your business is coming from the US, Canada, or UK... please reflect that.

11 - All websites designed by Philippinos or Japanese. They ALL SUCK!
        Agreed with the Japanese sites. How can a culture so based in technology still develop websites like it's 1995 and they're using Geocities?

The only Filipino sites I ever visited were blogs, and they were just as poorly written as American blogs so I can't really comment on that.

12 - Microsoft Help! Well, this probably qualifies as the most badly named pile of shit ever invented!
        It's especially funny how they want to charge you for certain things for help OVER THE PHONE. If the tech support is in person, then yeah I can see that. But how can they ethically do this? Bastards.

13 - Blogs! The only people who read these fucking things are the people that write them!
        Yep, and most that I've seen are so horribly written that how can anyone read them in the first place?

14 - Movies which have sacrificed plot and characters for CGI. Grrr!
        I'm looking at you, Transformers 2. What's said is that otherwise normal people go see these pieces of shit and think they're brilliant.

15 - Online articles that cut their articles in to 5 or more pages when one long page would have done... to generate advertising clicks?
        It's very annoying, but I guess they have to make their money somehow.

16 - SPAM with my name on it!
        I get it sent to me with Chinese names on it. It's weird.

17 - The CapsLock button. On every keyboard I have ever owned or used it's too near the 'A'.
        I never have a problem with it, but meh.

Comment

SPAM - and all its varieties hands down. Those bastards should be the ones rotting in Gitmo.
          Microsoft Office Upgrades -- Features you don't need, more bugs and now incompatible file formats.
          Thai Flash Websites
          Websites with sound, especially those that turn the sound on everytime you change pages
          IPhones and Ipod Touch that do NOT fully support bluetooth. When bluetooth works, its great.
          Ladyboys who dick slap you when you are trying to type this message

Ok I don't mind the last one that much
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I fucking hate PCs; frustrating, useless pieces of SHITE!!!!
            Also anything microsoft.
            Texting, WTF? You can't talk to me? You mean I'm supposed to type out some abbreviated message on my phone? Fuck all that.
            People who text while driving. Put the phone down and drive you stupid douche bags. I ride a bicycle for fun and exercise, so these ass-clowns who text while they drive are putting my life at risk.

Now I'm getting spam on my phone.  
            "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
            Salin' on a summer breeze
            And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
            -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Windup phonograms  -  have to keep winding the darned things up.    

Never understood why they didn't invent an electric one.    

RR.
              Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
              Kahuna

Comment

The printing press. What drugged up fuckwad thought of this?

Comment

William Caxton I believe , been keeping drunk men in easy jobs ever since .

Praise the good lord for printing and alcohol
                  Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

spam

Comment

(blonde_havoc @ Jul. 12 2009,22:35) I really hate MySpace. I think it's ugly and poorly designed. I also fucking hate Twitter, and I hate that it's reached the level it has. All American news is dominated now with "Such and such celebrity used Twitter to do such and such" and it's so fucking annoying. I don't give a FUCK about what a celebrity had for lunch. I can't wait for this fad to end. I will NEVER have a fucking Twitter account.

All that being said, I like Facebook.
                      Come on nic twitter is fun even stogie have a twit acct and yeah facebook rocks
                      You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

facebooks ok but you must keep it at a distance- before you know it 2 ex's are in conversation!!! never natural!!

Comment

(laputanegra @ Jul. 13 2009,05:33) All that being said, I like Facebook.
                          Come on nic twitter is fun even stogie have a twit acct    and yeah facebook rocks [/quote]
                          No Twitter, Paris! Never! I refuse to be a part of it. It's so redundant.

Comment

(Stogie @ Jul. 12 2009,21:09) 11 - All websites designed by Philippinos or Japanese. They ALL SUCK!!
                            Not the Muddy Pinays site

muddypinays.com
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cellphones, particularly the "manuals", who writes that shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X