First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madoff's Affair

Madoff Lover Stayed On Because of Tenderness, Lust
    By David Voreacos and Linda Sandler

Aug. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Sheryl Weinstein and Bernard Madoff nurtured a tender relationship that turned sexual five years after Hadassah, the Zionist women€™s organization where she was chief financial officer, invested millions of dollars with him.

They kissed and caressed in hotel rooms and restaurants in New York for months until their extramarital affair blossomed one evening in 1993 at the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, Weinstein wrote in her new tell-all book, €œMadoff€™s Other Secret: Love, Money, Bernie, and Me.€

€œThere was a gentle shyness about Bernie that I found endearing,€ Weinstein wrote. €œAnd probably most enchanting was the way he made me feel. With Bernie I always felt wanted, desired, and that was an empowering sensation. During the past few months, the thrill -- the buzz -- of sexual tension had only gotten stronger.€

Weinstein and Madoff had sex in hotels for months before the affair cooled and a warm friendship followed, she said. She trusted him with her family€™s savings until Dec. 11, 2008, when he was arrested for running a Ponzi scheme that defrauded thousands of investors of billions of dollars. Rage followed.

€œHe is a beast that has stolen for his own needs the livelihoods, savings, lives, hopes and dreams and futures of others,€ Weinstein said June 29 to a federal judge in New York who sentenced Madoff, 71, to 150 years in prison. €œHe has fed upon us to satisfy his own needs. No matter how much he takes and from whom he takes, he is never satisfied. He is an equal opportunity destroyer.€

Emotional Arc

Such is Weinstein€™s emotional arc in recounting her troubled marriage before the affair, Madoff€™s courtship of her, her sexual awakening, and her intimate revelations of his shortcomings, both physical and emotional. She and her husband, Ronald, are struggling to recover from the shock of Madoff€™s betrayal. She makes clear that she can lay Madoff bare like no one else, including his wife, Ruth.

Weinstein, 60, begins her story with a February 1988 meeting at Madoff€™s midtown Manhattan office with two colleagues from Hadassah, where she worked from 1984 to 1997 after serving as controller of New York€™s Lincoln Center. A mysterious donor known as €œAlbert I.,€ who lived in Paris, gave Hadassah $7 million on the grounds that Madoff manage the money.

Weinstein had never heard of Madoff or his firm, Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities. After the meeting, he began wooing her in flirtatious ways, and she €œfelt heat prickle my face.€

Bullying Husband

Where Weinstein€™s husband was bullying and emotionally abusive, Madoff was kind, charming and exciting, she wrote. A series of lunches led to one at the Four Seasons, where he professed his desire for an affair. She balked, saying €œAdultery is not my thing.€ He said €œthat takes the pressure off,€ she wrote in a book St. Martin€™s Press releases Aug. 25.

Their friendship deepened as her career, and Hadassah€™s investments with Madoff, advanced. Hadassah said it invested a total of $40 million with Madoff and withdrew $130 million.

Weinstein said Madoff long balked at meeting Hadassah€™s financial advisory board, whose members she doesn€™t identify. Around 1992, she wrote, Madoff said €œwe€™re doing a trade with treasuries€ and asked Hadassah to invest. Hadassah agreed.

At that time, the Securities and Exchange Commission sued a Florida investment firm, Avellino & Bienes, that invested $441 million with Madoff. The firm closed the business and refunded investors. After reading in the Wall Street Journal that Madoff was cleared of wrongdoing, she became convinced it was safe to invest her life savings with his firm, she said.

Smoked Marijuana

Madoff€™s secretary, she said, set up hotel meetings before the Willard encounter and made reservations in person €œto ensure that the room would not turn up on his credit card.€ Weinstein describes herself as smoking marijuana to relax. Madoff said his wife did too. Weinstein said she didn€™t know if that was true.

By the time they reached the Willard, Weinstein wrote, she had learned that Madoff was a great kisser, a bad tipper, a name dropper, and a narcissist who may have obsessive-compulsive disorder or Tourette€™s syndrome. He bought Saville Row suits and had 25 blue and 25 gray in his closets, numbered so as not to mix up pants and jackets, she said.

He carried his cash in a paper clip and didn€™t drink even though he was knowledgeable about wines. He stuck to Diet Coke or San Pellegrino mineral water at their trysts. She guessed in hindsight that he wanted to remain in control so he wouldn€™t tip his hand about his massive fraud.

He was superstitious about some things, refusing to read fortune cookie predictions when they went to Chinese restaurants like the Shun Lee Palace for fear it would bring bad luck.

€˜Winky Dink€™

He sometimes blinked his eyes uncontrollably, leading her to nickname him €œWinky Dink€ when she disclosed her affair to some close female friends.

At the Willard, Weinstein wrote, she learned one of his many secrets that they discussed by telephone a few days later.

€œBernie had a very small penis,€ she wrote. €œNot only was it on the short side, it was small in circumference. That he was now pointing it out to me was telling. It clearly caused him great angst. I wanted to be careful how I responded. Men and their penises have a strange and unique relationship.€

Still, she said: €œI liked this man and didn€™t want to emasculate him. His tiny penis hadn€™t prevented me from climaxing.€

€œOn the bright side,€ she concluded, because of its size, €œoral sex would be a breeze.€

€˜On Fire€™

€œWhen we made love, I was on fire,€ Weinstein said. €œBernie was a release valve, someone I could disappear with for a few hours. Somebody who would say nice things to me and treat me like a lady. He was an older man, and he was chivalrous. He opened doors for me, stood when I entered restaurants and was never short on compliments.€

In the middle of the affair, Weinstein wrote, Bernie professed his love for her at the Hilton Hotel.

€œUsually, we€™d spend three or four hours talking, eating, and making love,€ she wrote. €œI was getting myself together and Bernie was already dressed and pulling his coat from the closet. He was about to walk out the door when suddenly he turned back to look at me. €˜Sheryl, you know I love you.€™€

Her fantasies of a whirlwind romance in Europe and staying in five-star hotels began to end. The realities of an affair between two married people took root.

€œI knew in my heart of hearts that this was never going to be anything more than it was, simply an affair,€ she wrote. €œBut there was a part of me that wanted Bernie for myself. I wanted to be number one.€

After the Affair

After the affair ended, Weinstein rebuilt her emotional life with her husband. He took medication for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, and his mood improved, she wrote. She took antidepressants. They began to run a commercial laundry trade publication. They refinanced their Manhattan apartment and invested the cash with Madoff.

Weinstein told her husband and their adult son about the affair a month after Madoff€™s arrest. Weinstein doesn€™t detail how much money she lost to Madoff. She does say she started with $70,000 and added an unspecified sum from her Hadassah compensation in addition to the unspecified mortgage money.

€œIn order to move forward, I decided to tell my story,€ she wrote. €œI truly hope Ronnie will be able to forgive me for sharing these private moments in our lives.€

Peter Chavkin, a lawyer for Ruth Madoff, said she knew nothing about the €œalleged affair.€

That should remind people who say Ruth Madoff must have known of her husband€™s fraud that €œthere are some things that some spouses, however close they are, do not share with each other,€ Chavkin said.

Madoff€™s lawyer Ira Sorkin didn€™t immediately respond to a call and e-mail seeking comment. Last week, he said Weinstein was €œentitled to her free speech. Why one would go public with something like that, I don€™t know. She€™s entitled to say anything that might be deemed derogatory about herself.€

To contact the reporters on this story: David Voreacos in Newark, New Jersey, at [email protected]; Linda Sandler in New York at [email protected].

Last Updated: August 19, 2009 09:20 EDT

Bernie Madoff was a complete sociopath, of course he had a tiny cock. Where do you think the rage, & thus the need for revenge, comes from?

This is the most debilitating of shortcomings. Check history's psychopaths, the one thing they share in common, a small penis.

I hope that Bernie's arse has been torn to shreds by his fellow inmates. The people whose lives he destroyed have been denied justice by a judicial system that errs on the side of mercy.

Imagine if he had pulled this stunt in Thailand? He would never have reached the trial...
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 19 2009,22:04) This is the most debilitating of shortcomings. Check history's psychopaths, the one thing they share in common, a small penis.
      I heard Joe Stalin was hung like a baboon
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

But maybe he knew how to make that little dick work to his advantage.

Comment

can we start a small penis ladyboy section?? who's had to many hormones!!

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 19 2009,22:04) Bernie Madoff was a complete sociopath, of course he had a tiny cock. Where do you think the rage, & thus the need for revenge, comes from?

This is the most debilitating of shortcomings. Check history's psychopaths, the one thing they share in common, a small penis.
            Great news! Thanks for the info Paccie! Apparently sociopathic tendencies are one psychological dysfuction I am apparently immune too!
            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 19 2009,22:04) This is the most debilitating of shortcomings. Check history's psychopaths, the one thing they share in common, a small penis.

Imagine if he had pulled this stunt in Thailand? He would never have reached the trial...
              I believe Taksin Shinawatra has a small dick as well.....
              Lost in Space!

Comment

(tim1212 @ Aug. 19 2009,15:10) can we start a small penis ladyboy section?? who's had to many hormones!!
                Here ya go Tim.........

Tiny Flacid Cock Thread

Comment

Sucking on a flacid little penis is like eating those gummy bear candies. I just love em. Then when they cum its like you had a liquid center candy in your mouth......ummmmmm ummmmmmmm good!

Comment

(jimslim @ Aug. 19 2009,10:09)
                    I heard Joe Stalin was hung like a baboon  
                    And rumour is that Hitler was missing a testicle.

At least according to the WW2 era jingle...........

Hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the Albert Hall. His mother, the dirty bugger, cut it off when he was small.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Aug. 21 2009,13:29)
                      (jimslim @ Aug. 19 2009,10:09) I heard Joe Stalin was hung like a baboon  
                      And rumour is that Hitler was missing a testicle.

At least according to the WW2 era jingle...........

Hitler has only got one ball, the other is in the Albert Hall. His mother, the dirty bugger, cut it off when he was small.
                      Not only that: Little Adolf also had an incestuous relationship with his little niece, was rumoured to have an oedipal complex, with the effect being the need to prove his manhood to his mother and it's s claimed that he frequently engaged in masochistic coprolagnia and urolagnia.
                      And of course he was a wanker like MB

Another rumour is that his hate for the Jews stemmed from contracting syphillis from a Jewish hooker.
                      Lost in Space!

Comment

Yeah, and I heard Eva Braun was really a ladyboy who used ass-fuck der feuer on a regular basis.
                        "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
                        Salin' on a summer breeze
                        And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
                        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

No wonder those eyes bulged then
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Working...
                          X