X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite/Most influential albums

This thread will be for albums.... music-changing, fashion-changing, life-changing albums, the best ones of all time;  or, if you prefer, just albums that have changed YOUR life or made you feel better just by listening to them.

To find the cover photo of your favorites, simply go to google and type in the album name and then click on Images; save the photo to your drive and send it up with your post.

While this album would never be considered a classic musically, the influence it has had on 33 years worth of fashion and alternative music to follow can never be overstated;
    Attached Files
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

With all due apologies to Cream and Jimi Hendrix, this album really started the term "Heavy Metal"
    Attached Files

Comment

Gotta add at least one from arguably the best Rock 'n' Roll band of all time, so I will make it this one;
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, this one is kinda , but when I was about 12 years old I literallly wore grooves in the vinyl with my record-player {remember those?} needle by playing this one so much; 10 million sales worldwide means I wasn't the only one!!
        Attached Files

Comment

one of my all time fave album

the miseducation of lauryn hill
          Attached Files
          You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

Growing up near Boston, there is no way this one couldn't be a part of your record collection in the mid-70's.....another one that was simply worn out by constant play;
            Attached Files

Comment

Another band that HAS to be on a list like this, even if I personally was never into them all that much; this was their best effort IMO;
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now.....another game-changer from 1991, this album got the world out of Glam-Hair metal and back into real, loud, aggressive rock 'n' roll; as well as influencing literally thousands of bands for years and years to come;'
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow.... you must have ESP...i was just reading in this months Metal Hammer there is a section on how this album started the Genre and the history behind the artwork. The name Black Sabbath was taken from the Hammer film of the same starring Boris Karloff.

That Mill in the back ground is in Sussex somewhere and on some of the early covers there was a cross upside down which was removed i think. Also there is  some story about the witch on the cover but one whing is for sure that all the other Metal bands followed these guys

At the tiem Roger Waters of Pink Floyd said that it was rubbish and they would quickly dissapear. He was slight wrong then

It has been re released and digitally enhanced with some newly discoverd materiel that was thought lost. The original album was recorded in  ONE DAY.... amazing

( re edit; the rain and thunder(i think) on the opening track was not planned and the band had no idea it was added until the Album was released. The producer decided to add it himself)

For the record i am a Heavy Metal nut

Comment

(Tomcat @ Feb. 21 2010,19:15) For the record i am a Heavy Metal nut
                    Atta boy, TC......and of course I am not surprised LOL

Sabbath  does not get enough credit..... early critics ripped 'em and they never sold out stadiums like later metal bands, but without them we would have no; Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Hatebreed, Tool, etc, etc, etc...... and at least 1000 other bands who have put out Metal albums.

For my money the BEST Metal band of all time, by far; and they still get regular rotation in my MP3 player  

I debated putting this album instead, but their first one really set the tone for their other 7 or 8 to come.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's one that I wore out the vinyl grooves.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I swiped this from the Metal Hamer site..

This is a METAL HAMMER WORLD  EXCLUSIVE €“ this is the first time a magazine has been allowed to document his  domain. 2010 Marks the 40th anniversary of the birth of heavy metal with the  release of BLACK SABBATH€™S €˜Black Sabbath€™ album and we have a look at its  creation and survival to become the most seminal metal work ever €“ speaking to  all four members, GEEZER BUTLER, OZZY OSBOURNE, BILL WARD and TONY IOMMI.

Comment

This must be the UK release because I know Gangsters was on my copy.    

Comment

Of course The Specials were also at the forefront of a new genre.....I loved Message to you Rudy and also ''Doesn't make it all right'';  Stiff Little Fingers covered that song as well and it was excellent.

Comment

And Amy Winehouse covered Hey Little Rich Girl 20+ years later.

As a Yank, i was sort of oblivious to the social/political/fashion statements of the Specials.

I just liked what was to me at the time, a unique sound; to me ska is reggae on steriods.

Comment

Working...
                              X