Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have seen the future and it is now!

" I have seen the future, and it is now"

I was reading an article by Lawrence M Krauss yesterday who used that sentence above in an article relating to the creation of life in the lab by Scientists. It seems that by Xmas the threshold of creation of life from scratch will have been passed and a new era will dawn opon us.

Scientists will build forms from scratch which were not alive until they assembled them. Obviously the potential to combat diseases such as cancer will progress quicker than ever.

Once this technology gets mainstream lets hope that no one with malice aforehthought starts playing around. The technology is moving so fast that the Human DNA project now seems prehistoric

The Christians will fuck up any progress... we can count on that.
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Methinks it will be scary once this all becomes commonplace, with couples making "designer babies'' all the time; IE, actually programming how your baby will come out, with blue eyes and blond hair, tall, smart, great genes {only} etc..... we should just leave mother nature well enough alone!! She has done just fine with us for almost 5 billion years.

But seems we have moved pass that point already.  
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I totally agree with you JaiDee. I believe this "great advance" is more like the beginning of the end.

As for designer babies, friends of mine have a 16 yo daughter whose sex was "pre-ordered". Interferring with nature has been happening for a while now.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

right, that was just the first {minor} step; saying whether you wanted a girl or a boy.

What TC is talking about now was the obvious next step, and in my opinion a step BACKWARDS.

Didn't some clown named Adolph try fucking around with this kind of technology once?

Look where it got HIM!

Comment

Actually i found the Krauss article online. I read it in a copy of feb Sci Am monthly , im always a month behind due to the pressures of life

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article....biology

quote from the article=
            Venter calls this cycle €œsoftware that creates its own hardware.€ I expect to hear news soon of the successful creation of the first completely artificial life-form, built from scratch and not alive until the scientists assembled it.=

One thing is certain is that some hefty fortunes will be made by those backing the right Companies who get there heads around this technology
            .One clever bugger is that Craig Venter, one of the leading lights behind synthetic Biology. It was him that first  sequenced his own genome in 2001

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 21 2010,16:49) I totally agree with you JaiDee. I believe this "great advance" is more like the beginning of the end.
              It would mean the end of transsexuals too........

We'd just be resigned to the record books as a blip in history!

x
              Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

I dont follow that , sorry.

Comment

You guys sound like buggywhip makers bemoaning the new horseless carriages...

Not sure I see how this would rule out TS creation.

Behind every scientific advance lurks certain doom skulking in the shadows?
                  Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,00:50) It would mean the end of transsexuals too...

We'd just be resigned to the record books as a blip in history!
                    No way... Hopefully there will be factories and farms churning them out custom made... which is even better!
                    SHEMALE.CENTER
                    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

cuts both ways... the people who fancy them will be no more either..

x

Comment

(Tomcat @ Mar. 21 2010,19:06)
                        OK, perfect children,under perfect conditions of designer genes ect..

It will surely follow that the genes that make homosexuals/transexuals
                        will be done away with..

x

Comment

Since the dawn of time nature has been the law , man cannot change that .
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,01:39)
                            (Tomcat @ Mar. 21 2010,19:06)
                            OK, perfect children,under perfect conditions of designer genes ect..

It will surely follow that the genes that make homosexuals/transexuals
                             will be done away with..

x
                            Most of our beloved ladyboys dont exactly come from families that would be able to afford perfect designer babies. Plus there is a demand for ladyboys and once there is a demand there will be ladyboys. Not a very nice way to look at it, but there is a grain of truth in it.
                            I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,01:39)   It will surely follow that the genes that make homosexuals/transexuals
                               will be done away with..

True....which parent would ''order'' a Homosexual or TS child if they could ''design'' one which was not??

Unless,of course, the parents were homosexuals themselves like Melissa Ethridge and her spouse, et al.... and wanted a gay child.

But then that all leads back to the argument of whether people who are gay were born that way or whether or not society lead them to be that way; meaning that even if you had a "perfect" baby with straight genes, they may be lead into the gay camp someday anyway by societal influences??

Depends which side of that spectrum you fall on, I guess.

Good topic TC, but frankly one that worries and sickens me.....who knows, in 50 or 100 years with this new type of technology Thailand may not be the Ladyboy-producing country it is known to be now!

Comment

Working...
                              X