Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have other tourists ever made you uncomfortable?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(JaiDee @ May 20 2010,18:13)
    (Jake_Sully @ May 20 2010,01:52) I know I've been asking a lot of questions from some people on the forum and hopefully I haven't overstayed my welcome

since some people just wanna bitch bitch bitch and complain about how things are screwed up? Happen to know the type? I've noticed a lot of this type on other forums (not so much this one - thank heavens)

I personally am positive minded, fun loving, relaxed person who wants to just lay back and enjoy vacations but sometimes people bug you to no end.

How do you end up dealing with them? Just excuse yourself or confrontation might be necessary? How have you fared when this happens in your experience?
    Jake,  first off please realize that your questions and posts are NOT a burden to anyone here;  long-time forum guys welcome new people like you, it keeps the forum more active and as long as new people try to use the search engine first before asking questions which have been asked and answered 100 times already {IE; bar fines, lady drinks, where is Nana plaza, etc.....} every new guy is welcome to ask away!

Deepthroat has a great signature under his posts, ''making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to'' hahaha......pretty funny, and by reading his stuff and others who have been to Thailand a few times hopefully you will have the time of your life when you finally go and not make any mistakes or fall in love, support someone when you leave, etc.... both very bad idea's BTW.

2nd part......I was debating perhaps moving to South or Central America next year just to try something new....joined a few Argentina forums, Costa Rica also; all I saw was a bunch of whiners who were bitching all the time!!  And NOT speaking so highly about their choice of where to live; made me cross that idea right off my list, I don't wanna live around unhappy people.  I'd guess 99% of Ex-pats in Thailand are having fun and rarely bitch, and yes you found the proper forum to find generally happy people.

3rd part....anyone who knows me here will tell you the exact same time about me; I just wanna be left alone to do what *I* want to do, with no one bugging me.  Bottom line; don't let them bug you!!  Stay on your own, see only the people you want to see, meet a few cool people and keep their numbers handy; and one suggestion I would make although a few BM's here would disagree with me is to avoid meeting up with large groups.

I mean, if you are meeting with 10-15 guys at a group meeting at some bar, it would figure that the odds of a couple of them being complete wankers goes up exponentially, yes?  Meet 2 or 3 guys at a time, max.....PM a few people from here who seem like cool people to you and who you can see live in Thailand or visit their often; tell 'em you will treat them for a beer when you are in-country and 9 times out of 10 they will say ''OK''!  and you have a new friend already.  It's also easier to sort guys out and chat one-on-one when you meet in smaller groups and see if they are people you want to see again; at a large party it's pretty impossible.

Meet as many as 5,6, or 10 BM's {board members like yourself} on your trips, but bottom line is stay on your own or with an LB or 2  most of the time and only meet with people when YOU want to; don't be talked into anything that you believe may make you uncomfortable or may potentially have haters or  annoying drunks at it....and if that fails and you still find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, then yes;  just go take a piss and discreetly leave the bar, don't even explain yourself...do what YOU want to do at all times.  If you had new friends there who you think you may have offended, just call them the next day and explain, they will understand.

sorry so long,  but Jake has valid questions and is really doing a good job planning for the trip of a lifetime and it's fun to help out guys like that!
    One of the most accurate posts ever yet here.

Generally agree with every word. Meeting in groups of 3-4 guys or so, allows everyone to be part of the group. While the larger meetings are fun sometimes, like we had at Corner Bar, with sometimes 10-12 BMs there, it's nigh on to impossible to exchange pleasantries with every one, because it covers a big area to have that many sitting as a group. It was fine though because nearly everyone had met prior, in smaller sized group meetings and knew each other, so the comfort level was there.

Corner Bar btw, is a Pattaya gay bar, but they have always been very welcoming to us and our bringing ladyboy dates or GFs there. They generally have 1-2 femboys in training working there as well. I get a much better vibe there than I ever do at any so called straight bar.

One other exception to the negatives of a big group are the fajita get togethers, that Bumpa arranged a few times at Shenanigans. Even though it's not easily possible to talk to everyone, you can still talk to a few and enjoy great grub and drinks and usually only there for 90 minutes as I recall.  I hope we have not seen the last of those meetings.

You mentioned CR as a place you're considering...my experience there with expats was limited and not a generally favorable thing. I mentioned to a couple at the guest house I stayed at, that I was there to meet travestis. They both warned me to steer clear, because all travestis were pickpockets, dopers and thieves. Seldom being one who likes to accept the absolutes of the word all or every, I had to pee on the electric fence for myself, so to speak. Part of an old Will Rogers saying there, btw. I found the majority of the travestis to be fun, sweet, and horny. Not a single one ever tried to pick my pocket or hold me up. Although there was that one I paid for photos in advance...bad idea as you recall.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 20 2010,16:50) When I saw the title to this thread one word came to mind  -  Kahuna!            Sorry  K    
      I'm trying to think of a cute retort RR but tonight I've had more than my share of SangSom and ladyboy...A very tasty drink by the way...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Lefty @ May 20 2010,23:30) I've never yet tried a Subway sandwich in LOS. Do they compare well with the ones stateside? Subway is probably my favorite fast food joint in the US.
        Jesus, they're all over the fucking place...Brand new one at the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhao...I like to go for my tuna fish fix...

If you can tolerate me for a few minutes I'll take you to one when you return...  
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(Lefty @ May 20 2010,15:20)
          (manarak @ May 20 2010,14:56) I feel uncomfortable being near drunken assholes who harass non-working girls by being obscene and sometimes touching them.
          If there's only one, I manage to drag him away, but when there's more, my 169 cm don't do the trick...
          So, if you encounter any drunk belligerent types in a bar in Thailand, you physically remove them, just so long as it is only one?
          Physically... yes. I think pulling them away counts as physical removal.
          But I am very gentle and talk to their soul at the same time.
          I never got swung at so far!

Comment

You got a deal amigo. I've already tolerated you for much longer than a few minutes, though I think the word enjoyed is more like it. I've seen them frequently, but you know me, I'm a tightwad and one who likes to enjoy the native cuisine where ever I am anyway.
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(manarak @ May 21 2010,00:16)
              (Lefty @ May 20 2010,15:20)
              (manarak @ May 20 2010,14:56) I feel uncomfortable being near drunken assholes who harass non-working girls by being obscene and sometimes touching them.
              If there's only one, I manage to drag him away, but when there's more, my 169 cm don't do the trick...
              So, if you encounter any drunk belligerent types in a bar in Thailand, you physically remove them, just so long as it is only one?
              Physically... yes. I think pulling them away counts as physical removal.
              But I am very gentle and talk to their soul at the same time.
              I never got swung at so far!
              Good luck on that in the future. I'm 6'3 and 280 lbs and I'd be cautious about laying my hands on any falang I did not know. Some guys don't respond well to a stranger physically trying to coerce them, no matter how gentle it may be. Also you never know when one of them is going to be a bad ass close to Big Tel's level. You may find yourself waking up in a hospital.  
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

I thought the Subway sandwich was quite good..I need a fix of Italian meat from time to time, after all that Issan sausage
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

While doing a search of Costa Rica for thaibound, this thread came up on the list and may be of interest for the OP and his questions.

https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....ta+rica
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                  X