X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandy Chooses His Man

Was looking at the internet news this morning and spotted this plant on Reuters.

Here are five facts about David Miliband, the former foreign secretary who announced he was running for the leadership of the Labour Party on Wednesday

-- Miliband was the youngest British foreign secretary in 30 years when former Prime Minister Gordon Brown appointed him, at the age of 41, in June 2007.

-- Nicknamed "Brains", the articulate and intelligent Miliband was head of then Prime Minister Tony Blair's policy unit during Blair's first term from 1997 to 2001.

-- He was elected to parliament in 2001 and rapidly rose through the ministerial ranks, serving as a junior minister in several departments before being named environment secretary in 2006, a job in which he revelled in the detail of climate change policy.

-- He was seen as a potential successor to Blair when he stepped down mid-term in 2007 but did not fight Brown for the Labour leadership. During several bouts of Labour Party dissent against Brown after that, Miliband was cited as a potential challenger, particularly in July 2008 when he published a newspaper article that read like a leadership manifesto, but he ultimately rallied behind Brown.

-- Born in London on July 15, 1965, the son of Jewish immigrants, Miliband was educated at a London comprehensive school before gaining a first-class degree in philosophy, politics and economics at Oxford University. His brother Ed was energy and climate change secretary under Brown and is also seen as potential Labour leadership material.

Obviously Mandy has decided who the next leader of the Labour Party will be.

My take on the above;

--Gordon Brown was told by Mandy to appoint Milliband as Foreign Secretary as part of the deal to make Gordon Brown Prime Minister.

--He probably is brainy but it's who you know, not what you know that counts.

--He rose rapidly through ministerial ranks because Mandy fancies him  -  as leader of the party.

--Mandy did not make him leader in 2007 because Mandy knew he could not force it through then so did a deal with Gordon Brown.

--The article from Reuters is obviously a plant to pave the way for his election to leader of the party.

In my opinion it would be worthwhile to reform the House of Lords solely to get rid of Mandy!

RR.

(For those not in the know  'Mandy'  is Lord Mandelson    a politician who was forced to resign twice for corruption.
    He then got himself appointed to the House of Lords  -  for what I do not know.  I guess it's because the scum floats to the top.)
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Working...
X