Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting info Rocket. That makes Dennis playing a photojournalist in Apocalypse Now seem more appropriate.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(El_hefe @ May 30 2010,05:51) This poster got me through the teen age years
      Excellent, excellent photo!!!

And better than the Farrah poster, IMO

Another great quote from a so-so movie;

In Speed he is holding the trigger to the device which would set off a huge bomb strapped around Sandra Bullocks waist....he's telling Keanu Reeves to stay back and says;

"Come any closer and they'll be picking up your friend with a sponge''  
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

My single favorite Hopper scene is in True Romance, when Walken and the boys got him in his trailer (most of which, by the way, was ad-libbed, "You're a cantaloupe!" and all that).

When he looks down, either at his cut hand or his cigarette, or both.  That look on his face.  That briefest of shadows across his face.  That resignation, yet determination. Mesmerizing.

And (after "the Moors did so much fucking") innumerable times in my life I've impersonated him with his forefinger in the air, skewering it, going, "eh?... eh?... eh?...".

Comment

Working...
        X