X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim immigration and integration...

Someone sent me an email at work of a comment by a Pom made on yahoo blog.

He said:

Challenge: Name one country where large scale Muslim immigration has resulted in community harmony within the host country? Think hard and you will see, that there isn't one. Anywhere.

In every country that muslims have emigrated to you in large numbers you will find:

1. Self imposed segregation and accompanying ghettoes and "no go areas".

2. Deep resentment at the Muslim population for their unwillingness to integrate or adapt to traditional culture and way of life of the host country.

3. Extremely high proportion of those Muslim immigrants are totally reliant on welfare, government handouts and housing.

4. Muslim prison population in host country will be hugely over represented.

5. An ever increasing amount of said Muslim population call for implementation of Sharia law for Muslims - effectively creating a parallel society. I challenge anyone to give me an example of where this is not so.
    I am more open minded than most people I know and love debating pro's and cons and looking at the whole picture of things before I make up my mind, but on this even I can't formulate a counter-argument.   Can anyone?

Here's the original poster: http://pulse.yahoo.com/_IDMBKA6KDPCUUB4SQP66IMVC34

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

To some degree this is true for many immigrant groups.

Comment

Umm was my original title of "Truth or Fiction" offensive? I didn't see the need to change it.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

I would say the only example I know is Turkish immigrants in Germany.

There were some problems, but not as bad like in other countries.
        This may be thanks to Kemal Atatürk.

Comment

Singapore

Not quite immigration, but a significant proportion of malay, chinese, hindus and foreigners living in a very small place with very few problems
          Mister Arse

Comment

If you can not get a job, and you need to learn a new language, and all the customs are "foreign", then it's hard to integrate, especially if the locals are "hostile"... Education/work change the picture.

Comment

It's hard for a young girl to assimilate or adapt to traditional culture and way of life of the host country. When your parents kill you if you attempt to.
              bill520

Comment

Jakes post is spot on.

The problem is so huge that even countries like Sweden have the same problem and Denmark and Holland and so on and on

What huge mistake it was to let this rabble in. All the Political correct bullshit dont rub with me. They are a fucking nuisance and the EU will pay dearly for complacency.

Civil war the likely outcome within 25 years

Comment

Working...
                X