X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just wow! Non expiring 69 year old green card

In 1940, Congress passed the World War II Alien Registration Act, which made it a federal crime to advocate overthrowing the government. But the law also required noncitizens already in the country to register with the government.

Just before the start of World War II, Maturey received a "Certificate of Lawful Entry" card from the U.S. government issued to her on April 4, 1941.

Then in 2008, the United States started requiring everyone to show a passport when crossing the border. So Maturey pulled out that 69-year-old "Lawful Entry" card. With that document, government officials were able to find her Legal Permanent Resident documents in the archives in Washington.
    Ok that takes the cake. I don't think anyone's been an illegal legal immigrant for longer.

I wonder if the Poms have someone similar living in Blighty!

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Working...
X