Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common sense is a most English tradition!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common sense is a most English tradition!

Wanna know how?

You can fly the Union Jack or St George's cross upside down and not piss anyone off!

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

If you fly the Union flag upside down it's a sign of distress.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Oct. 15 2010,21:50) If you fly the Union flag upside down it's a sign of distress.
      Same with the US flag, specifically "eminent danger to life and property".

Comment

Isn't it absolutely identical upside down unlike the US flag?

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

your getting our flags mixed op

i long to live in los  

Comment

your getting our flags mixed up

i long to live in los  

Comment

had a drink solly
              i long to live in los  

Comment

(Jake_Sully @ Oct. 15 2010,18:45) Isn't it absolutely identical upside down unlike the US flag?
                No!      

The red saltair (the Irish flag) is displaced slightly so that it does not obscure the white saltair of the Scottish flag.
                In the attached picture the flagpole would be at the left so that the broad white part of the white saltair is at the top.

Plenty of British people don't know the correct way to fly it!    

RR.
                Attached Files
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

Fell over this Russian attempt while I was looking for the image above.

Spot the mistake!

RR.
                  Attached Files

Kahuna

Comment

red diagonal stripe left to right going down should be on opposite ends of the white.

Ah I get it, you can upside down an england, ireland, scotland flag but not a union jack.

Comment

British citizen here who had no idea until now.....

Comment

Had a phone call a few years ago once inquiring about the Union Jack I had flying outside my Pub

At first I thought it was a complaint and was about to give this guy thinking he was maybe a Council mucker a or a maybe "fuck off back to your own country you twat" if you dont like it etc etc

Thankfully I bit my tongue as the guy in question was old British Army and he politely told me my Union Jack was flying upside down
                        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Working...
                        X