X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas - Black Friday!

Tomorrow is Black Friday. The start of the Commercialization season of Christmass. I am glad I am no longer a manager at K-mart.
    TEXASMAC

I am still a manager at my retail store.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    General George Patton Jr

Comment

AB for that I am sorry. It is now 4:00 am and you are probably at work. Good Luck.
      TEXASMAC

Comment

Can you set aside a couple of Furbees for me AB?
        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Nov. 25 2010,14:15) Tomorrow is Black Friday. The start of the Commercialization season of Christmass.
          Amazon UK appear to be attempting to import yet another US marketing exercise into the UK that has no relevance to British culture.      

They are advertising Black Friday on the Amazon UK website.

I sent them a short enquiry yesterday about it:-

What exactly is Black Friday?

Did somebody important die?  Are we celebrating the 1993 Bombings in Bombay or is it the assasination of John F. Kennedy?

They sent me back a pre-prepared answer about Lightning Deals  -  no mention whatsoever about Black Friday.

I've sent them a very polite answer thanking them for failing totally to answer my question.

Customer service is fun when you know how it works...      

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

too much spare time RR

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(deepthroat @ Nov. 26 2010,16:47) Can you set aside a couple of Furbees for me AB?
              furbees i do not think they still make them as we do not sale them any more.

DT furbees..

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
              General George Patton Jr

Comment

(azza33 @ Nov. 26 2010,22:34) too much spare time RR
                I was eating my ham sandwich.      

Their reply:-

Thank you for writing back to us at Amazon.co.uk.

I have reviewed our previous correspondence with you and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding.

Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season.
                Especially popular in the United States and Canada, the event is spreading to other nations such as Australia and the United Kingdom.

On this day, many retailers open very early and offer promotional sales to kick off the shopping season.
                Because Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States, the day after occurs between the 23rd and the 29th of November.

Amazon.com offers some unbelievable deals throughout Thanksgiving week and on Black Friday, and this year, we wanted to do the same.
                Why is it spreading?   Because Amazon are attempting to use it as a marketing tool when it has zero relevance outside the USA!

Let's see......   maybe I should suggest they have a Bollocks Day.      

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Nov. 27 2010,04:43) Why is it spreading?  
                  It's a disease...It's contagious...There is no cure...
                  "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

No doubt you'll be buying a turkey next November too RR,to really get into the swing of things, give me a call and I'll give you my recipe for stuffing.
                    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

There is a lot of stuffing being done in many of the photos here.
                      TEXASMAC

Comment

therefore it is spreading... to prepare for stuffing

Comment

(Road Runner @ Nov. 26 2010,13:43) Let's see......   maybe I should suggest they have a Bollocks Day.      
                          That's on December 26th mate?

Comment

No that's Boxing Day - so called because it's the day when the highest number of domestic assaults occur.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                            X