X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley You Can't Be Serious?

Leslie Nielson died in Sunday aged 84 from complications related to pneumonia.

Reuters

http://www.youtube.com/v/0A5t5_O8hdA?fs=1&hl=en_GB">http://www.youtube.com/v/0A5t5_O8hdA?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Damn... guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Vale Leslie.
      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(deepthroat @ Nov. 29 2010,14:56) Damn... guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
        Sorry DT, but that quote belongs to Lloyd Bridges...

Anyhow one of the few that managed to rebuild a career later in life by basically taking the piss out of himself. As good a character actor as you would wish to see, and a great straight man.
        f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

And a great Canadian. RIP

Comment

A great talent who had a long and fulfilling innings as an actor and a man.

I'm a big fan of 50s sci fi movies (even the bad ones) and I can't watch the ones with Leslie Nielson in them without smirking.

He was so good at the dead pan comedy that he could never play a straight man ever again!
            SHEMALE.CENTER
            World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Sensitive questioning

Nielsen plays Frank Drebin, a hapless (but invariably successful) cop.

Mrs Twice [a grieving widow]: €œPlease go away. I don€™t want to answer any more of your questions.€

Drebin: €œWe€™re sorry to bother you at a time like this, Mrs Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn€™t dead then.€

From Police Squad!, 1982

A simple explanation

Drebin has gone undercover as a locksmith to investigate a gang of blackmailers. He breaks into the lair of the gang€™s boss.

Boss: €œWho are you, and how did you get in here?€

Drebin: €œI€™m the locksmith. And I€™m the locksmith.€

From Police Squad!, 1982

Them€™s fighting words

Drebin has gone undercover as a boxing coach. He takes on a young boxer, Buddy Briggs.

Drebin: €œDo you think you can beat the champ?€

Briggs: €œI can take him blindfolded.€

Drebin: €œWhat if he€™s not blindfolded?€

Briggs: €œI can still beat him.€

From Police Squad!, 1982

At the lab

Drebin has asked Ted Olsen, a scientist at the police laboratory, to analyse a rock that had been hurled by criminals through a window.

Drebin: €œWhere did it come from?€

Olsen: €œThat€™s very interesting €“ I have a theory about that. As you know, Frank, billions of years ago, our Earth was a molten mass. But for some reason, not understood by scientists, the Earth cooled, forming a crust €“ a hard, igneous shell. That€™s what we scientists call €˜rock€™.€

From Police Squad!, 1982

Tact

Drebin and his boss, Ed Hocken, are trying to console Wilma, the wife of their colleague Nordberg, who has been seriously injured.

Drebin: €œA good cop, needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.€

Hocken: €œThat€™s no way for a man to die.€

Drebin: €œNo, you€™re right, Ed. A parachute not opening €“ that€™s a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine, having your nuts bitten off by a Laplander€¦ that€™s the way I wanna go.€

Wilma: €œOh Frank! This is terrible!€

Hocken: €œDon€™t you worry, Wilma. Your husband is going to be all right. Don€™t you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.€

Drebin: €œHe€™s right, Wilma. [Pause.] But I wouldn€™t wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.€

[Wilma bursts into tears.]

Hocken: €œWhat I€™m trying to say, Wilma, is that as soon as Nordberg is better, he€™s welcome back at Police Squad.€

Drebin: €œUnless he€™s a drooling vegetable. But I think that€™s only common sense.€

[Wilma flies into hysterics.]

From The Naked Gun, 1988

A small misunderstanding

Drebin: €œThat€™s the right-light district. I wonder why Savage is hanging around down there.€

Hocken: €œSex, Frank?€

Drebin: €œUh, no, not right now, Ed.€

From The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear, 1991

The happy news

Drebin: €œCongratulations, Ed! I hear Edna€™s pregnant again.€

Hocken: €œYeah, and when I find the guy that did it€¦€

From Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear, 1991

Identity problem

Drebin is stopped while trying to enter the Oscars ceremony.

Drebin: €œSergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant, Police Squad.€

Security guard: €œYeah, and I€™m Robert De Niro.€

Drebin: €œMr De Niro, we€™ve got to get inside.€

From Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult, 1994
              SHEMALE.CENTER
              World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Nov. 29 2010,18:41) ... I'm a big fan of 50s sci fi movies (even the bad ones) and I can't watch the ones with Leslie Nielson in them without smirking ...
                What's the name of the one where he leads a group of astronauts on a mission to a planet occupied by a scientist and his hot daughter and basically, they have to battle a monster that is a product of their collective sexual urges? Not played for laughs at all. Scared the shit out of me when I was young- the scene where the invisible creature walks up the stairs to the spaceship, with the stairs deforming under its weight with each step.

Let's hope he made his last exit with his same realized sense of self.

-brain clicks in: Forbidden Planet-
                "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Forbidden Planet is one of my fav movies too. One of the early sci-fi classics and consequently I'm a huge sci-fi nut.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

AIRPLANE-what a hilarious film!!!
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

Striker? Striker?!? Striker?!?!?!? STRIKE HER!!!!!!!!!!! (Pow!)

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

(Jake_Sully @ Nov. 29 2010,21:52) Forbidden Planet is one of my fav movies too. One of the early sci-fi classics and consequently I'm a huge sci-fi nut.
                        Same here love scifi. he was so funny will miss you funny man . RIP

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
                        General George Patton Jr

Comment

Loved the Airplane Films and the Police Squad TV series + films  

Still crack me up today  

Thanks for the laughs Leslie, R.I.P.  
                          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

So many times I laugh when saw your movies .... but now me cry....

Rest in Pease .... Leslie...

Dieter
                            Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Sorry about the new thread .. me to slowly....

Dieter
                              Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Working...
                              X