X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest Xmas mistake I've EVER made

Ok, every year I got to my big sister's house for Xmas morning, she lives about 90 minutes away from Spokane near Yakima. I don't like sleeping over there, so I just get up in the morning and drive.

So this year, she wanted me there at 10am as her son can hardly contain himself any longer than that before he begins opening his gifts. Our parents (who live in her little town too) will be arriving about 9, so everyone will be waiting on me.

Got up this morning at 8, showered, made the drive. As I pulling in to her little burg I realized that I'd forgotten my morning caffeine. I called at 9:55 to tell her I was going to be a few minutes late searching for an open espresso stand on Xmas day, and she starts laughing and says "Yeah, right.. nice try.". Well, I knew where she was coming from - I'm always pulling her leg, usually calling at the last minute to pretend I've just awoke and claiming I'll be 2 hours late, then pulling into the driveway a minute or two later. Realizing that's what she thought I was up to, I reassured her that no, no joking, I was only going to be a couple minutes late as I had to search out some espresso and I was literally only blocks away. Her responses got stranger, and I was really mystified, as she was adamant about not buying my story, but then what she was saying finally cut through my fog.

"It's Xmas Eve. You ARE joking, right?" is what she was saying.

Once it hit me, I burst out laughing so hard I could hardly breath, while trying to assure that no, I wasn't joking, and yes, I had Xmas Eve and Xmas Day confused.

Guess it was just at dry run to ensure that the trip tomorrow will be a smooth one.

Then I started thinking about all the things I'd *almost* noticed that should have tipped me off:

* No Xmas specials on TV last night, thought that was sorta weird at the time;
    * Earlier in the week, my boss asked if Friday was Xmas Eve and I assured him that no, Friday was Xmas Day. He thanked me for straightening out his confusion.
    * As I was readying to leave the house this morning, I noted one of the Google Headlines was about "last minute shoppers to swarm area malls today". I wondered who the heck would wait until Xmas Day to do their shopping!
    * All day yesterday I was asking people if they "got to go home early today." I was wondering why there were so many Scrooge bosses that made their Bob Cratchet's work normal hours on Xmas Eve!
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

LOL nice one!

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Uh oh, someone's in need of a holiday...

I thought your mistake would be the futility of looking for an expresso stand on Xmas Day.

It is Xmas Day here & the only place to find coffee this morning would be in the dining room of a hotel.

Will there be expresso stands open along the way to your sisters? There sure won't be any open here in the Antipodes.

And one other thing - why wouldn't your sister make you a coffee when you arrive? There must be some in the house.

Merry Xmas to you & your family.
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I drink heavy-duty amounts of espresso. That's why I have a professional grade espresso machine in my kitchen.

I ingest 4 shots of espresso every morning before leaving the house. I begin to get a splitting headache by about 3pm if I don't.

My sister could make coffee, but it's just not the same. It will do in a caffeine emergency, but that's about it.

No, tomorrow I'll have my espresso before leaving the house. Won't make the same mistake twice.
        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

That's a good Xmas story, DT...

Once back in the eighties my mum (as usual) put on a massive spread for Christmas lunch which consisted of absolutely everything.

It was quite a culinary feat given the minuscule kitchen she had to work with back then.

Well, one year she forgot all about the Yorkshire puds in the oven and it was only when we smelled them burning that she jumped up and remembered them!

Of course they were as hard as cricket balls so to make her feel better we used them as baubles to decorate the tree with!

Twenty or so ugly burnt Yorkshire puds hanging off our Xmas tree!
          SHEMALE.CENTER
          World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

i know how you feel DT

I woke up yesterday morning and the reception phoned my room, "taxi outside Sir to Pattaya". I said tell the clown its the wrong day..i booked it for Xmas day... Fucking half brained idiot.

So then i goes to the travel agent to re-confirm my return flight on Jan2 as due to the weather and chaos i was told to re confirm early this year . After clear re confirmation was made i get a text message from my agent in UK
            " why have you just cancelled your flight home Mr XXX."  I need this like a hole in the head.

Fuck me. talk about a nightmare, it took another hour or so of phone calls and mild  heart palpitations to sort the mess out. Its gets worse but i wont go on

Merry Xmas

Comment

Working...
            X