X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Films of 2010?

I had been looking forward to seeing this ever since the first time I'd read about it, so I definitely had very high expectations for it. I wasn't disappointed.

I saw this the same weekend I also saw "True Grit", and a week or so after having seen "Black Swan" and "The Fighter".

For me, "The King's Speech" was probably the best and most enjoyable movie I watched in 2010. My 2nd runner up might be "Toy Story 3" or perhaps "Inception".

I should mention that I've not seen "The Social Network" which I think will give "The King's Speech" a good run for it's money at the Oscars.

What were your favorites of 2010?
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

True Grit was awful. The character of Cogburn was just plain annoying and the movie had none of the landscaped beauty of the original 1969 film version.

Black Swan was a captivating (if confusing) drama and the lead is absolutely gorgeous!

I like Colin Firth and it's good to see he's getting some proper recognition for his genius. I'm looking forward to The King's Speech.
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

The King's Speech is brilliant. Such a pleasure to watch two great actors go toe to toe with nothing more than intelligent script & great cinematography.

While Colin Firth deserves an Oscar for his performance, IMO Geoffrey Rush steals the show. He was born to play this role & he equally deserves recognition, perhaps Best Supporting Actor.

This film will not suit those who need non-stop action but I believe the huge popularity of this movie will change the choices of movies to be made for years to come. And that will be its finest achievement.

I also saw DT's other movies, Inception (convoluted to hell), Toy Story 3 (still a kid's movie no matter how they spin it) & The Social Network (snotty nosed preppies arguing over who owns a website & they all go on to mega riches despite being wankers of the first order). All are well done in their own way but I couldn't sit through them again. Not like The King's Speech.
      Attached Files
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Well the movie of the year for me so far is YOGI BEAR. Now that is a great piece of cinematic achievement!

Comment

A friend of mine saw True Grit the weekened I did, he and his wife hated it, perhaps for the same reasons Bumpa did.

I loved it, it was in my top 5 at #4 or #5 probably. I LOVED the dialog, they did a fantastic job with the dialog from the original book, and the characters.... the little girl was restored to the main focus of the story, and she stole the show.

I think the trick is to enter the theater expecting comedy. If you do, you'll laugh your ass off at the amazing, nuanced script and the fantastic acting. But if you expect it to be serious and "play it straight" you'll be sorely disappointed. It's meant to be seen as comedy and adventure - think "Romancing the Stone" - not action and drama.
          Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

I am looking forward to "The Inbetweeners" movie............. Check them out along with Shameless on 4oD Channel 4,s streaming on demand. Some of current english humour at its best. Steff have you seen Boo Boo,s sequel.

Comment

(deepthroat @ Jan. 14 2011,11:12) For me, "The King's Speech" was probably the best and most enjoyable movie I watched in 2010...
              I agree. Spectacular movie.

Easily better than anything else I've seen for a few years.
              SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

(deepthroat @ Jan. 15 2011,01:51) A friend of mine saw True Grit the weekened I did, he and his wife hated it, perhaps for the same reasons Bumpa did.
                I saw it and was a bit disappointed...Perhaps I was expecting more...In defense of the film, I saw it on a pirated DVD...The quality was very good but the small screen always leaves me wanting...

I will reserve final judgement until it arrives in Thailand and I'm able to see it on the big screen...

To be honest, I thought it was a bit miscast...Jeff sounded as if he was doing his best imitation of Barry Corbin and Matt was just in the wrong role...Boys from the East Coast with little acting talent shouldn't be allowed to play cowboys from Texas...

The young girl was marvelous though...And the talents of Josh were wasted...

Just my opinion...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

I saw True Grit (2010) a few days ago and loved it. I'd never heard of the book or previous movie so had no preconceived ideas about it. I thought the dialogue was the real highlight of the movie and the cast did a great job as well. Afterwards I watched the John Wayne original and was disappointed by that movie. The acting was terrible (John Wayne especially), and the dialogue was flat. I think what sets the two films apart is that the Coen brothers create characters who bring personality to a movie rather than one dimensional stereo-types.
                  dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Inception,The Social Network, Black Swan and I just love The King's Speech such a lovely movie great scoring too by Desplat.    
                    You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

(laputanegra @ Jan. 25 2011,06:44) ...great scoring too by Desplat...
                      For me the best music in a movie is the music I don't notice.
                      SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

For me...social network, Black swan, kings speech, the fighter.
                        And the OSCAR goes to ...

Comment

One i probably enjoyed the most.... Män som hatar kvinnor (Men who hate women) .. better known as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

...and the Oscar goes to...Kings speech
                            Allready has 12 nominations...i will be very suprised if it doesnt.

Comment

I am so surprised and disappointed Yogi Bear didn't get any nominations.

Comment

Working...
                              X