X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Baggers

Okay, this is totally random, but this actually happened to me. I met up with one of my best friends from childhood and adolescence on facebook, and fuck me, the sombitch is fucking TEA BAGGER, arrrrrrgh,
    WTF? He's all Jesus, anti abortion, pro business, anti regulations, global warming denier, the whole fucking insane thing. He's drank the fucking coolaid!

So, like what would you guys do?
    "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
    Salin' on a summer breeze
    And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
    -Harry Nilsson

I had to look up 'tea bagger' and this is what I found...

The sexual act of dangling the male testicles over the face of the recipient.

Pretty funny... but not quirky enough to expel him as a mate.
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

If he is a good guy who has retained some redeeming features then you can keep him as a friend, just don't allow politics to come between you. Tell him you are interested in the Tea Party movement, you just can't agree with enough of their polices to want to sign on.

If he has bought the entire neocon story & thinks George W was up there Lincoln & truly believes that Sarah Palin is a misunderstood genius who would make a fantastic President, save your trouble. He is a lost cause.

Then again if he discovers you to be opposed to everything he holds dear & he categorises you alongside baby-eaters & abortionists, chances are he won't want you as a friend anyway.

Just how badly do you want to renew the acquaintance? They say you need to look for common ground when dealing with political opposites, it doesn't seem like there is much of that.

So, like what would you guys do?
      I have better things to do than allow myself to get frustrated by those with an agenda. I would prefer to remember him as the good friend he was, not as the brainwashed ideologue he is now.
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

If he's still your FRIEND then surely that trumps politics/religion or talking thereof. Just talk about something else and ignore those topics.  On the other hand......   you could tell him/her all about your new found love of LB.  That REALLY would be the big test. Friend/No longer friend    Probably will be a conversation stopper as you are now branded "Satan's spawn" for being a , anti Christ, fascist.    Usually there is a reason why your 'friend' from primary/elementary/high school is no longer your best buddy...  No Common Interest.
        Teabaggers (facts don't matter).  Does your friend now remind you of this?
        Attached Files

Comment

(strocube @ Feb. 03 2011,23:57) So, like what would you guys do?
          Don't discuss religion or politics with friends

And if neither of you is tolerant of each others' views, what would it accomplish?  

Comment

People change. It's not unusual to meet childhood friends years later and find there is really nothing left in common.

If the vibe is gone, just move on... (Bob Marley),,
            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

I've met up with good friends from my Primary school days and experienced the same thing. I think that as you get older you form your own opinions of the world whereas when you're young you never even realise these concepts exist.

No biggie. Everybody changes and we all move on.

He would probably be equally revolted to hear that you like LB's. He'd view you as queer just the same as you probably see him as some fascist/Jesus freak.
              dreaming about LOS again

Comment

(tomscam @ Feb. 04 2011,21:40) He would probably be equally revolted to hear that you like LB's. He'd view you as queer just the same as you probably see him as some fascist/Jesus freak.
                Thanks for the feedback, guys.
                Yes, Tomscam, you are correct. I do see him as a fascist Jesus freak and if I were to tell him of my attraction to ladyboys, I'm sure he'd see me as Satan incarnate.

We only communicate on facebook. So I guess I will just ignore his fascist posts and move on.
                -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Why is abortion such a political hot potato in the US?

It shouldn't be a political issue at all and as for men having an opinion about it... that makes even less sense.
                  SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

It has become a political "wedge issue" for fundamentalist Christians, along the lines of gay marriage. It is a tactic used by the right to win over the religiously conservative (idiots) to their cause.
                    This was a deliberate political maneuver on the part of right wing ideologues as a way to rally support for the republican party. This started around the middle 70s.
                    And you are correct, Marko it makes no sense. But these are people who feel it is their duty to tell others how to live.

Fundamentalists will tell you that they are opposed to their tax dollars funding abortions. But you know, they have no problem with their tax dollars being used to oppress and murder innocents wherever the Empire sees fit. See Iraq, Afghanistan and a long list of other places where the U.S. has invaded or intervened for one reason (pretext) or another.
                    These are the same people who would cut public spending for various programs that these very same unwanted children would need. They also do not want any kind of sex education in schools that does not promote a fundamentalist, abstinence only approach.
                    Facts do not matter to these people. They believe in fairy tales and whatever Faux "News" tells them.
                    -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Personal freedom is always under threat when religion has a say in politics.

It's been my experience that religious people are the most un-Godly.
                      SHEMALE.CENTER

Comment

-Harry Nilsson

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Feb. 04 2011,17:41) Why is abortion such a political hot potato in the US?

It shouldn't be a political issue at all and as for men having an opinion about it... that makes even less sense.
                          Think why it is such a hot issue in that it is crystal clear to you and me that a woman shouldn't be forced to give birth if she doesn't want to deliver her fetus.

But if one believes that a 3 month fetus is as alive as a newborn child then to them that's tantamount to murder.

As far as discussing politics, I come across very few people who wish to explore ideas and suss out the truth. Most people just want to promote their position which bores me.

Comment

Hope I wasn't boring you, PigDogg.
                            -Harry Nilsson

Comment

(strocube @ Feb. 04 2011,22:59) Hope I wasn't boring you, PigDogg.
                              Not at all. And i have to admit that I'm not open to changing my mind re my strong pro-choice stance.

Guess what I mean, is I'm not into debating with people about politics. However I am very interested in exchanging ideas with other people who have open minds and are seeking the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X