X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many here are workaholics?

how many here are workaholics and honestly work until and looking for the next trip to LOS?

Can you say 14-16 hour days?

Do I get stripes on my shoulder?

Comment

Work life balance. Work to live, not live to work.

Comment

I am sad to say that I work, read the Forum and plan the next trip to LOS. I am trying to make three trips this year. Went in February, trying for June and the hoping for December. I need te balance but....
        TEXASMAC

Comment

I am a workaholic! 12-14 hours a day and the sad thing is I am sitting in my office on a Sunday morning at 8:15 AM working. I am trying to plan a trip to the LOS for September. The phone does not stop ringing.
          Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

I used to think that I was a lazy fuck, but I am most definitely not. I work a regular M-F, 9-5 gig. Along with that, for about the past, oh seven years or so, I've been in school. Just finished all that business, so now it's basically another part-time job trying to put that edumacation to use. Currently trying to work my way into academia on a part time basis to start, with the hope that it will lead to something comparable in terms of income and bennies, to my current gig, so I can get the hell out of what I am doing.
            Besides that, I have several rather demanding "hobbies" that require a lot of attention and dedication.
            "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
            Salin' on a summer breeze
            And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
            -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Workaholic.  12-16 hours.  Had to cancel a trip planned for January due to work among other things.  Always buy tickets with the hope of going, but often I return them only to try again.  The good thing is that I don't hate my job, only what it does to my life (this sentence may only make sense to other workaholics).  My schedule is affecting my health by screwing up my sleep, eating, and exercise.  Don't know when I am going to make a change.  On the one hand my work keeps me young on the other, it may be killing me.  Occasionally I get lucky and find myself on a 3 month holiday.  Now that's a nice way to travel imo.

Comment

A 3 month holiday? That would be awesome. I get 15 days vacation a year and if I am lucky I can string a Friday and a Monday and escape to LOS. But at least I still hae a job.
                TEXASMAC

Comment

Amen Squirrel!
                  You summed it up best. I made 3 different reservations on airlines only to have to cancel and use the next time. Meanwhile racking up the penalty for changing reservations with this airline each time.
                  But if we didn't work like dogs, we would never enjoy the fruits of our labor, no?

I guess if i don't work, there would be no trips to LOS.
                  Must keep it in perspective. I can piss away the late fees I am charged in days here doing various other things but it just don't matter. Life is short. Enjoy.

Comment

Work a ton. Fully commissioned broker. My ass is always on the line. No such thing as a "great" year - the company always wants more. I try to keep my wits about me, but it's stressful as hell. Trips to Asia keep me going. Sometimes I think it's harder not having a wife or girlfriend as an outlet but that might be more trouble than it's worth right now.

If I play my cards right, I can get out of this game in 10 years w/ a little cash set aside and do something that won't kill me in the long run. A teacher w/ the summers off sounds nice . I work w/ guys 10 -15 years older than me that could have done the same thing but they (their wives) spend cash like crazy, or they just aren't satisfied w/ what they have. It's a trap for some. I hope I don't get caught. Frugality is key - just gotta see it through.
                    This has been a great trip filled with enlightening adventures, complete relaxation, and absolute fuck festivities! Enjoy.

On a quest for the finest...

Comment

I suppose the vocations are workaholic by definition. ya, im also a workaholic because the projects are complex and demand 7 days a week attention. And im fucking greedy as well for more $$$£££

get to travel to Far East at the very least four/five times a year and so im in LOS often, thats the bonus

But Mondays are still a bummer

Comment

But not necessarily by choice. I work on projects which can run from 6 weeks to 6 months to 3 years..you just never know in Project World   So it's just head down, often 6 day weeks and overtime   and travel  

I haven't dared book a ticket lately as I was supposedely finishing in Dec, then Jan then Feb...but the gravy train won't quit..so I'm still here..but LOS is still there...too  
                        Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

If you work for yourself it must go with the territory to be a workaholic unless of course you are doing pretty OK and making good money .

Anyone who is working for someone else and is a workaholic is crazy

I am not a workaholic .
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

over the last cpl of weeks ive been doing 10pm--6am mon-thursday,  but all over time   Plus weekend shift of 32hrs
                            my new shift once trained will be fri 11--7 sat 6-6 sun 6-6 so only 32 hrs a week,

yep im a lazy bastard

SW„¢
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

(StreetDog @ Apr. 09 2011,20:38) Can you say 14-16 hour days?

Sounds like you need a new job. Personally, I prefer 14-16 hour weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X