X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glastonbury 2011

Well its time to pack the Wellies, Space Cakes & Wet Wipes for my intrepid visit to Pilton in Somerset. In the unlikely event that any of you guys are going. Drop me a line and we can meet up for a draft or two at the Tree bar next to the Pyramid stage.

Aside from U2, Coldplay & Beyonce. The Edgar Broughton Band and Melanie are on my list. I pray for sun and no rain.  I cant wait I am getting as excited as my first stroll into Cascades & Obsessions. Well almost.  

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.u...ster/#daybyday

Good man Bobcat have a great time .

I'll have to make do with watching it on the BBC I Player
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Bobcat, I am envious! Eventhough I do not know what a "Wellies or Space Cakes" are I am sure that you cannot enjoy a concernt without them! I get the wet wipes. Three great performers to listen to and I wish I could be there but I will have to settle for the bands and preformers and bands here in Chicago for Lalapolooza. Hope yoiu have a great time!

Johnny
      Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

(johnnydiver @ Jun. 22 2011,02:01)  Eventhough I do not know what a  "Wellies or Space Cakes" are I am sure that you cannot enjoy a concernt without them!  
        Wellies are Wellington Boots , essential for out door festivals given the usual rain in British summertime .

Space cakes are little cakes with special ingredients that makes one feel a little giddy and more perceptive to the sounds and colours around him if you get my drift .

All good fun
        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Jim you are so right. There is a special lady that we call the good baker or Mrs Kipling. She is the best at her craft. A smooth lift and all the sounds colours and food are all suitably enhanced.

Long live Mr Eavis the organiser. What he gives to really good causes over a weekend is more than most can do in a lifetime.

Comment

Fuck Mr Eavis - He cancelled The Wombles.

Only reason worth going!
            I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

(jimslim @ Jun. 22 2011,04:03) Wellies are Wellington Boots , essential for out door festivals given the usual rain in British summertime .
              So true - plenty in evidence in this pic.  But no Pet Shop Boys this year  

Have fun Bobcat!
              Attached Files
              TT

Comment

Im at the Victoria Park gig in July. Judas Priest , Thin Lzzy , Slash and around 30 other bands. Its only 15 minutes from me so no big hassles

I hope for good weather otherwise im shredding the tickets

Comment

Shredding I should have burnt. The Friday & Saturday were positively vile. due to the inordinate amount of rain preceeding the start of the festival the ground was already churned to a set whipped cream consistancy. Stepping forwards was an effort in its own right. Once having gained a new foothold the preceeding foot could not be removed. Resulting in either being stuck firmly to the spot or falling over. Both tiresome.

Because of this we retired to the bar to drink copious quantities of St Austells Tribute a very fine pint of Ale  washed down with a couple of space cakes and an endless number of spliffs . This then meant regular trips to the toilet and the take away vendors to consume allsorts of food choices from around the world having got a very strong dose of the munchies .

Did we see many bands, no as the ground was too wet and we were too battered.

A quick synopsis:-
                  U2 trying to be hip and Bonos rendition of Jerusalem went down like a lead balloon.
                  Paul Simon too many african rhythm tunes snooze dull.
                  Elbow brilliant, never seen them before but U2 would have been over the moon with half the crowd response they drew. Theyve urnt their long hall. To be checked out on Spotify.com.
                  Coldplay cold and boring lasted 3 numbers, got so depressed and took the difficult hike through the mud to watch the Chemical Bros. Different league. They were really exciting headlining Other Stage and were the best of the weekend. Very electronic, somebody that records distortion and plays it back with a visual treat thrown in. Great stuff, however maybe they were coloured by the Chemicals that we had consumed.
                  Finally equal best were the Stereo MC,s at a small stage in the glade who got everybody bouncing from the first to the last notes.
                  Rob Birch who looks like Cat Weasel on acid how he is still alive who knows. Connected and Step it Up finished us off.
                  Beyonce I think she was playing   . I saw some fireworks go off in the distance and some pubescent girls rushing to the Pyramid Stage.

Back home with man cold morning the wait for two years before Mr Eavis raises the curtain again.

Guys are there any festivals in Los?.

Comment

Mourning, get it right boy oh and

http://www.stereomcs.com/bio/

http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/#p=home

http://www.elbow.co.uk/

Check them out

Comment

There is a festival in LOS at Xmas every year. Pattaya Klang is taken over for 7 days with bands on every day. A few good Thai metal bands were on last time..also i think they have an Issan day as well. No western names though from memory.

No muddy feet there of course Bob

Comment

Mayhap too many chemicals coloured by the Chemical Bros. and piles of mud. A winning combination

Comment

So it wasn't Woodstock, then!
                          Attached Files
                          I'm just hazarding a guess here...

Comment

There's an annual Blues festival in Phuket, no big names but it looks like fun, also saw video a few years back of a "Jazz Festival" on a beach somewhere, but it all sounded like "smooth jazz", not my favorite, but maybe there's more variety than the video had on it ( doubt it tho)

Comment

went High Voltage Concert.. briiliant .. Thin Lizzy , Juda Priest , Grand Magus, QueensRyche and so on

wow what a day and rain free and just 10 minutes from my home

Grand Magus were awesome , a Viking Metal band. Songs like " Hammer of the North". A real bunch of right wing loonies... ha ha. The Theme tune to Conan The Barbarian plays before they come on stage ...fake mist and all that. Guys drinking out of horns etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X