X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK RIOTS

Ok guys, whats up with the rioting over there?
    TEXASMAC

I spoke to KL and he said there were no riots and the right wing media had made the whole thing up to frighten us.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's tea and scones as usual!
    I'm really Sexist...

Comment

What the heck is a scone? Plus here they say over 700 arrrested.
      TEXASMAC

Comment

The UK is a dump.

The corruption and scandals starts at the very top and spread like a cancer through to the poor.

It was pretty funny listening to the filth that run our country about the moral decay of the poor. These idiot politicians seemed to think that their own rhetoric doesn't apply to them also!

Our leaders are ill equipped (in every single way) to lead us and that's why the country is in the shitter.
        I'm really Sexist...

Comment

only riot ive seen this week are the fucking ducks on the lake out the back of my house the fucka's must br breeding as making so much niose right now
          http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

(Sid the sexist @ Aug. 13 2011,16:19) The UK is a dump.
            Keep away, then.  Or are you raising the moral tone coming here?   What a ridiculous rant  
            TT

Comment

It was pretty bad in East London where my office is and scary. They trashed 4 shops near my office and when you walk amongst these guys ,as i have to to get home , i can tell you it frightening. The Police are hopeless and also hated by almost everybody around here

As many wiser heads than me have always said, civiilization is a thin veneer indeed, and it doesnt take to more than 24 hours to descend back  into the dark ages. Especially when we have imported half the third world into London,

Sid the Sexist is spot on with his observation of the Politicians hypocrisy on this issue

For example clowns like the Labour MP Gerald Kaufaman who fiddled a £1200 TV set on his expense account claiming the moral high ground  and that old Slag Hazel Blears who was also condeming the thieves whilst also been caught fiddling 12,000 at the expense of the tax payer

whats the difference... there isnt any, just as matter of degree . Its hopelessy fucked in London

Big Society...Big Bullshit more like. I want no part of it i can tell you.

Comment

(Tomcat @ Aug. 14 2011,01:58) Sid the Sexist is spot on with his observation of the Politicians hypocrisy on this issue

Big Society...Big Bullshit more like. I want no part of it i can tell you.
                What a great positive attitude!    Fortunately a few in the UK are working to make things better ... not just slagging off others, and throwing in the towel.

It's been a bad week and sure ... bankers, politicians, trade union bosses, police, murdoch, all on the make and poor role models.  But who's going to make a difference?   Not Sid & Tomcat, that's pretty clear.
                TT

Comment

This is more like it ........

Pictures of suspected rioters are being displayed on huge advertising vans being driven around Manchester and neighbouring Salford, where hundreds took part in disorder earlier this week.  

And while this resort is helping to identify suspects it is also prompting those involved to turn themselves in.   A youth handed himself in after his friend saw his picture on the ad vans and called him to say his image was all over Manchester and he had no place to hide, a GM police spokesman said.

And in Birmingham a mother frogmarched her 15-year-old daughter to the police station after she saw CCTV images of her released by police

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....x7AnUSH
                  TT

Comment

in Thailand last year over 40 people were killed when riots took over the streets of Bangkok for 2 weeks.

The insurgents in the south keep bombing, killing and maiming.

No country is perfect and for sure Britain has its fair share of problems. Yes, some politicians are corrupt, ditto in every other country.

Britain now has an underclass of those who want the lifestyle shown on reality tv but cant get off their arse to get, hence given an opportunity, they just take and loot and riot.

Where is this utopia that tomcat and sid live? surely not thailand where there is NO welfare system to protect its people?
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Live by the sword , die by the sword. wasnt that the old saying ?
                      So a kid gets shot by Police, well the silly C$%T shouldnt of had a fire arm on himself !!!
                      and as for these rioters they should stop there benefits and make the work or lock them up.

im fed up paying my taxes etc just to keep the lazy bastards

over

SW„¢
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/CT8982

Comment

I am not quite sure I understand "we will kick you out of your council housing". I presume, then they stroll down the town hall with the 10 kids and say they are homeless and the council is obligated to house them

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 14 2011,11:55) The insurgents in the south keep bombing, killing and maiming.
                          There is a view among those who know about these things, that the Southern situation is actually more to do with who controls the border with Malaysia than anything else. Huge amount comes over that border and apparently not all of it is duty paid.......

Comment

Britain in Flames
                            London's Melted Furnace
                            http://www.counterpunch.org/jacobs08122011.html
                            By RON JACOBS Weekend Edition August 12 - 14, 2011

A sample, interviewing two anarchists

You have a vast underclass youth who's suffered multiple forms of structural violence:

- Endemic neighbourhood and familial poverty in one of the most superficial and commodified consumer societies there is, where one is constantly bombarded with the manufactured desires of modern marketing, advertising, and PR.

- Neighbourhoods rife with social problems, criminality and gang violence, due to endemic poverty, unemployment, and political/economic neglect.

- Neighbourhoods with ancient, crumbling, underfunded public infrastructures.

- The government€™s swingeing public service and welfare cuts that directly affect these youths and their families: Youth centre closures, old people's homes closing, all manners of social support services closing, etc.

- Endemic unemployment with no job prospects except rare precarious, underpaid, unrewarding jobs that present no opportunities and that effectively strip workers of their rights.

- €œWorkfare€ policies for the unemployed whereby in order to keep their meager job seekers' allowance, unemplyed youths must work, effectively for no wage, regularly, like veritable slaves, doing menial jobs for exploitative corporate outlets.

- No prospects whatsoever for upward social mobility: underfunded second rate colleges to which these youths can no longer even afford to go because EMA (Education Maintenance Allowance) benefits have been scrapped; these kids know they have NO CHANCE of going to university because of the massive tuition fees and debt involved -- University fees have just been trippled to an average of £9000 a year. They know they have almost no chance of securing the loans to get to these universities.

- Constant police harassment, disrespect and arbitrary section 40 and section 60 stop and search based on class and racial profiling.

- Constant class and race discrimination from the white middle and upper classes.

Furthermore these kids are far from stupid and uninformed: they have an unprecedented, very clear political and economic awareness of being completely defrauded, disenfranchised, disempowered, and oppressed by the ruling classes for the economic and social collapse that the ruling classes themselves caused, because:

- They are extremely social-media and alternative-media savvy: these kids are broadly aware of the fraudulent causes of the economic meltdown via various news sources. They know that the economy's tanked because of the banks and the rich. They know that they, as a class, are at the sharp end of the welfare cuts, and are being made to pay for the mismanagement and theft of the economy by the rich.

- Many of these kids went out and protested against the EMA cuts and Tuition Fee hikes. They were met with constant police intimidation, kettles, beatings, police manipulation, and the general contempt of the political classes, elites and middle classes.

- They are fully aware of the corruption of the political classes.

- They are fully aware of the bias and lies and distortions of the media: they saw how the media misrepresented them during the student uprising.

- They are fully aware of the cynicism, pathetic disengagement, navel gazing, and indifference of the upper and middle classes; and the contempt and prejudice the middle classes display towards them.

Then, finally, the police shoot one of theirs under very suspicious circumstances. The police then proceeded to totally ignore a peaceful protest where the community, lead by the family of the deceased, pleaded not only for answers, but also demanded that the police provide the family with the support that the law obliges them to provide and which they neglected to do. Then, when a 16 year old girl advances on the police line to demand an explanation, she apparently throws a bottle at them in anger and frustration, and the the police retaliated by batoning her.

The result: all the years of pent up, explosive frustration detonates.

Add social media networking via blackberry phone messaging and you have an unstoppable horizontal network fuelled by pure rage. In addition, you obviously have masses of deprived kids who find the opportunity not only to get back at the police, but to assuage the years of frustrated, though completely illusory, consumer cravings stoked by the marketing and advertising industry.

and much more at the link.....

Comment

(mardhi @ Aug. 14 2011,08:36) I am not quite sure I understand "we will kick you out of your council housing".    I presume, then they stroll down the town hall with the 10 kids and say they are homeless and the council is obligated to house them  
                              true - but they get moved from their cosy coucil digs in Wandsworth to some sink estate in Brixton.
                              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                              X