Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Phone Code

Bangkok Thailand

I bought a new mobile and took the bugger back three times as i thought it was faulty..but , it appears not

My Hotel have to contact me on occasion and when they dial from the switchboard they have to dial 9 and then the number. The problem is that this somehow negates the 09 on the mobile phone number and they cant call me. I have a fast track service on any outbound flight from LOS and they require a Thai number and the Hotel checks its validity first.

After several visits to the phone shop it appears that one has to live with the fact that some phone systems cant dial phones with 09 prefix

go figure ...anyone had the same problem

Dont buy a DTAC card with an 09 prefix seems to be the message

Hi TC, I think the solution is to have one of the hotel staff use their own mobile to contact you, as they cannot do it via the switchboard. They could send an sms which is less expensive than a call. The other option is to change your SIM card that has a regular 08 prefix.

I've never heard of this before, but considering the variety of systems out there, it isn't a surprising glitch.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

ya the Hotel used a mobile and its ok but they said its never happened before.

I see on some Thai News Channel DTAC have big down time so maybe this could be a reason ( My friend translated it)

Anyway im stuck on 09 for now but its a warning. It could be the euro lottery trying to tell me ive won a 100 million.. or the Police telling me my London apartment is ashes

Comment

The hotel need to update their PBX's dialing plan to allow outside calls being placed to numbers starting with 09. Right now the PBX dialing plan will only see 9 or 09 as a request to pull up an outside line.

Comment

but the thing is that you hit 9 and it gives you an outside line tone so logically it should just follow the electrical path that the keypad translates to in the phone line.. so im thinking here puzzled but its obviously some big fuck up as you suggested Bam.

Why didnt no one think of this when they issued 09 prefix

Also i noticed that many Computers here have the date one day ahead. Like today im in my Hotel Bus Centre looking at the Windows time bar at the bottom right corner and its showing the 24th and im thinking shit , ive lost a day , im supposed to be in Pattaya. Im In Suk now on another PC and its also showing the 24th when its the 23 rd. WTF!!!.. this is madness

TIT  

Comment

You would think it was so simple,,, that once 9 was dialed it€™s now simply an outside line,, but modern digital PBX systems are much more complex then that.

Your hotel may be using different types of outside lines from various carriers that the PBX can select from. This works by first reading the digits being dialed after you press 9 and getting the outside dial tone€¦ (which really is also provided by the PBX system). Once the call is dialed the PBX will select the correct outside line to route the call.. this could be an analog local line, or a digital long distance line, or various other lines€¦ private lines, etc. With your call dialed starting with 09 the PBX can€™t deal with it since it€™s not programmed to€¦ this type of call is missing from the dialing plan.

Comment

Thanks BAM , thats put this finally to bed and....

So the moral is , Dont buy a 09 SIM card in the Land of Smiles

Comment

Working...
              X