X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirms my suspicious about the Philippines

Funny some of these scams are also practiced in Thailand, too.

https://travelscams.org/asia/philipp...sc&wpv_paged=1

As said in the article :

Note: vast majority of trips are trouble free and there is no need to be paranoid. That said, it always pays to be aware, careful, and prepared.

Comment

That's because the police doesn't record crimes. They are lazy, illiterate, and corrupt. The worst cops I have ever seen in Asia. As I said before, I have been robbed and kidnapped in Manila and Angeles City. Really hated that. Another thing is there are way too many tourists to rob them all. So read through the bull shit. If you want to chance it carry $20 worth of pesos and keep your money in your crotch, belt pouch, or under your soles. Philippines is the Africa of Asia.

Comment

Spent years working in Phils and never had a problem, however I have seen less streetwise get into all sorts of problems. one case a friend caught a taxi in a shaded area out front of hotel, as he was going along taxi pulled into dark side street, another cab pulled in behind them. Out came the guns and they kindly left his underwear but took everything else

Comment

When I was a student in Manila in the late 70's right after the VN War ended I owned a Honda 100XL which was great for weaving between cars in heavy traffic just like the scooter taxis in BKK. Could even drive through floods and onto sidewalks. I drove fast. I was never robbed until I returned without a motorcycle. Beware taxis with broken doorknobs you can't open from the inside and can't roll down the windows. Pickpockets ride the jeepneys. People pester me to be kind to a neighbor and buy a 6-pack and talk story. I tell them next weekend, next weekend, next weekend. Or i'm too busy studying. Glad I left after graduation. Should not have visited 20 years later. Incredibly crowded now. Need to pour birth control pills into the water supply. Poverty breeds criminals and prostitutes. Dishonesty reigns because they are desperate to eat and pay for basics. A terrible country to exist in. Do not visit.

Comment

When I lived in America, I ran short of money and found an activity as a taxi cab driver. It gave me a great opportunity to explore the deep America and find out what they do have in their guts. I had been trained by a brave guy from Florida who had been brought up in a religious family, had no further education and got lost in this rude business. He'd managed to teach me a great lesson : "you have 3 seconds to decide whether this guy (or lady) will be your customer or not. If you make a mistake, you will be given a hard time and might die of it".
            During 10 months, I saw all kind of scammers. They belonged to every social class. Poor people needed to save money. Most of the black people made efforts to behave correctly as good citizens but cheaters would complain of prejudice. White people would give me either big tips or big problems. When they started being arrogant either to refuse paying or because they were junkies, they would show they were the greatest loosers in the world. At least, I saw some kind of justice in America. Loosers who don't respect others end up in the lower class. Back in Europe, I noticed that disrespectful people would become managers or state employees. I saw all kinds of loosers in America : greedy scammers, prostitutes, junkies, arrogant idiots, exactly the same as in the rest of the world, but America people are not subtle and it's easy to see what game they gonna play (same with some European in Pattaya).

When I started traveling a few years later, what I had experienced helped me a lot in many countries. I never saw worst loosers than in America. I can't disregard Pinoy scammers since I understand why they do it. I never felt as unsafe as in America in the Phils, Thailand or any other country in SE Asia. BTW, thanks for your lesson George.

Comment

I highly suspected Deuterte was killing off the drug pushers so he could profit from the drug trade. Now the Metro Manila Chief of Police resigns in shame. PI got 3 cop organizations. The Constabulary, Metro Manila Police, and Philippines National Police (PNP). These 3 schmucks hate each other and were vying for territory and spoils that come with them. Sometimes I would read a cop was found shot dead in a dark lot somewhere in Manila. I do remember back in 1976 when the first Playboy Club opened up on Roxas Ave. About 3 months later the cops had to have a gun fight right in the club. So never visited the place. Now gone for sure. Anyway I think Chief Albayade was stuck in a hard place being hired by Dueterte. He had to obey the President's Orders. Reminds me of Trump and his circus of temporary hires. One thing you learn for sure living in the PI is people are ridiculously stupid and immature. Nobody takes anything seriously or understands Engreesh.

Wonder

Bet ya another corrupt official will replace this corrupt cop. Is the way of the land.

Ah. "
              Duterte's son, Paolo, now a congressman, and his son-in-law were also accused of being involved in the
              shipment
              of $125m worth of narcotics from China." Mudderfuggers!

My biggest question is, "WHO caught the crooked cops and son?" FBI? Philippines Customs? Who? Now a lot of cop chiefs from different provinces are being caught in the drug scams and forced to resign in shame (?).

Comment

Working...
              X