X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flamingofarmer View Post
    So, according to this article, bars in Pattaya are not going to bother opening until it becomes more normal ( have customers and rules of conduct make sense)

https://pattayaone.news/pattaya-bars...ng-to-re-open/
    That's what I have thought too. Pattaya is a tourist town, all those bars depend on foreigners.
    I know many people that have places in Thailand that are stuck in their home countries right now.

If they have no lease they can just pack up their belongings and rent a new bar when times are better.
    Even if they have a lease they don't want to spend more money on staff and supplies when there is no customers.
    Do you really ever see Thai customers in any businesses on Walking Street? Almost all Thais in Pattaya are in the service industry in one way or another.

I don't know why they can't start opening to countries like Australia and New Zealand that have beaten it.
    If proper testing is implemented on incoming passengers and they are being check at both ends of a flight, the risk is pretty low.
    It is easy to implement if they only let some countries to start with.

The problem is that nobody knows how many people are actually infected or recovered, which is probably way more than anyone thinks.
    Young Thais don't seem very susceptible to these viruses either. I've had the flu several time on trips there and never has any ladyboy caught it.
    I've never met anyone who said they had a cold, other than a falang.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• I read that the general consensus of thai population ( obviously not bar industry peeps) is that they prefer that foreign travel is still limited as they are afraid of infectious travelers

Comment

I read that the general consensus of thai population ( obviously not bar industry peeps) is that they prefer that foreign travel is still limited as they are afraid of infectious travelers
        You mean the "Elite" consensus.

That is the same as here. Rich people want everything to stay shut. Working people want everything to open.
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Crag Rockheart View Post

You mean the "Elite" consensus.

That is the same as here. Rich people want everything to stay shut. Working people want everything to open.
          I hear what your saying .

The articles survey is not inclusive of the demographic but that would go along way in the explanation of the motives of the respondents . Here is the text. Its from bangkok post 14jun20 ... link....
          A majority of people do not want foreign tourists to return soon while the Covid-19 situation in the country is improving, saying foreigners could spread the disease and Thai people should be able to enjoy the country first, according to the results of an opinion survey by the Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, or Suan Dusit Poll.

Beaches in Pattaya have been reopened for tourists but a poll says most Thais do not to see foreign visitors coming to the country soon. (Photo by Karnjana Karnjanatawe)
          A majority of people do not want foreign tourists to return soon while the Covid-19 situation in the country is improving, saying foreigners could spread the disease and Thai people should be able to enjoy the country first, according to the results of an opinion survey by the Suan Dusit Rajabhat University, or Suan Dusit Poll.

The poll was conducted online between June 9-12 on 1,116 people throughout the country to gauge their opinions after the government announced the easing of the Covid-19 lockdown and invited the Thai people to visit places around the country to help stimulate the economy.

Each respondent was allowed to give more than one answer.

Asked when they thought Thailand's tourism would return to normal after the Covid-19 situation is resolved, 41.40% said in one year; 25.90% in six months; 20.52% in two years; and 12.18% in more than two years.

Asked whether they wanted foreign tourists to return to visit Thailand soon, 75.72% said "no", with 54.39% saying that they would like the Thai people to tour their own country first before going elsewhere and 21.33% saying that they were afraid the foreigners would spark a second wave of the virus.

The rest, 24.28%, said they wanted foreign tourists to come soon so that they could help spur the economy and generate income for the country.

Asked which provinces they would like to visit the most, the top five were: Chiang Mai (31.00%), Prachuap Khiri Khan (28.14%), Bangkok (19.35%), Chon Buri (18.55%) and Kanchanaburi (11.92%)

Comment

• It's interesting though that the Thai government is offering huge discounts in the form of coupons ( another Thai scheme) I guess(?)or vouchers to hotels 4 tourism at the moment to kick-start things. So if only the elite are travelling they get the advantage of a situation. And they're taking all the discounts at the expense of the Thai tax payers I would guess.

Comment

• Travel discounts don't help much for the majority of low income Thais.

Thailand hasn't even had a first wave. They barely had a ripple.

I still say if they had some idea how many people really had it, then things might change.
              Their border is a few hundred kilometers from China, so who knows.
              www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Here's something to make a smile... from june 20th, if you didnt see it already... monks blessing hilary 4 bar before it opens... IMG_20200628_005829.jpg

Comment

• Boy, you certainly get around taking photos and investigating all things happening with bars, diseases, and people. Can hardly wait for Stickman Bangkok to write, but he is at home in New Zealand. He and his mother are too dangerously old. You are now our on-the-spot liason in Thailand. Always happy to hear what's exactly happening in our neighborhood away from home. I LOVE THAILAND, YOU LOVE THAILAND, and WE ALL DO.

Comment

• THAT'S from Pattaya One . Im not in thd LOS. . maybe this year , maybe next year .

Comment

• So going through the Bangkok post and Pattaya one, the opening is sort of mixed up. Everything opens on or about the 1st of july with restrictions in place and some are saying open to midnight, 2am or even 3 am ? ? . Woody messaged me that big eye is closed indefinitely and may not open at all this year so she is travelling back to Pattaya to gather up her things and go home rather than paying rent for nothing. Aum spent the day cleaning My Bar 2 in prep for opening but sounds like the bank is foreclosing on the landlord so a move may be eminent. Aum says that's a thing in Patong at the moment... streets are cleaned but bars are getting foreclosed on and there's many that won't open again.

Comment

So going through the Bangkok post and Pattaya one, the opening is sort of mixed up. Everything opens on or about the 1st of july with restrictions in place and some are saying open to midnight, 2am or even 3 am ? ? . Woody messaged me that big eye is closed indefinitely and may not open at all this year so she is travelling back to Pattaya to gather up her things and go home rather than paying rent for nothing. Aum spent the day cleaning My Bar 2 in prep for opening but sounds like the bank is foreclosing on the landlord so a move may be eminent. Aum says that's a thing in Patong at the moment... streets are cleaned but bars are getting foreclosed on and there's many that won't open again.
                        I don't think the Big Eye can operate without mass Chinese tourism anyway.
                        The amount of people they file through there daily seems like a risk.

Chinese tourists don't generally go to bars either, but they should.
                        Why pay to watch fake sex, when you can go watch the real thing in Pattaya.
                        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Ya forsure . No Chinese no big eye. As for the rest of the city.. no tourist = no point

Comment

• Sex workers move online

https://bangkokjack.com/2020/06/30/t...s-move-online/

Comment

• That's not new... live chats and the like are old hat already . Allot (more now than ever is my guess) of providers are doing online chat sessions... in north America as well, because of covid ...more than before though, I would acknowledge . This really is a bit off topic as its really got nothing to do with returning to paradise (this thread).

Aum said some bars open in Patong Beach but not many and not big clubs (like tiger) are closed. I see stick posted some pics on Twitter of Nana and Soi Cowboy but as expected its quiet because , well , we are not there . Sorry
                              ​​​​

Comment

• IMG_20200701_130913.jpg IMG_20200701_130904.jpg IMG_20200701_130907.jpg
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X