X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horse-Racing Thread including Sea the Stars

After todays performance in the Ark does this horse qualify as the best ever.

6 Group 1 wins on the trot.. (pardon the pun)

The way it got out of a jam and pulled away inthe last furlong was very impressive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/8289630.stm

Sea The Stars wrote himself into the racing record books with a stunning victory in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp.

John Oxx's colt, under Mick Kinane, powered through from deep in the closing straight to win by two lengths.

The three-year-old is the first horse to win the 2,000 Guineas, Epsom Derby and the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Youmzain, ridden by Keiren Fallon, came in second, with Cavalryman, under Frankie Dettori, third.

Sea The Stars has now won six Group One races in a row and, with this victory, establishes himself alongside the likes of Ribot, Sea Bird II and Mill Reef as one of the great Arc victors.

For 50-year-old jockey Kinane, this is his third Arc triumph, following on from his victories on Carroll House 20 years ago and Montjeu 10 years later.

Oxx revels in historic win

"I ended up in a position I maybe didn't want to, but I didn't want to risk firing him up," said Kinane.

"They were going a nice pace and I knew I would need a bit of luck in the straight, no matter what happened, but I knew I had the pace to go anywhere I wanted.

"He's a phenomenal horse."
    Attached Files
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Over to pentire !
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Personally, the greatest horse ever was and still is and will ever be is: Mr Ed!!!
      Be careful out there!

Comment

other then nancy what have race horses got to do with lbs
        i long to live in los  

Comment

In 35 years of hanging around race tracks all over the world, Sea The Stars would definitely be the best I have ever seen, he is the type you shall only see every fifty years.
          With a price tag of 100 Million £'s, it is doubtful that he shall ever run again.
          He is now set to be covering mares with a fee in excess of £100,000 each time

Comment

(pentire @ Oct. 07 2009,01:45) He is now set to be covering mares with a fee in excess of £100,000 each time  
            Makes a service from Long Mint seem quite reasonable in comparison....

Cheers
            Koykaeng
            Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

expensive dog meat pewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

Well...I`m proud to say `I WAS THERE!` Actually I have been at Lon.champ for the last 23 consecutive Arcs...starting with Dancing Brave in 1986. Sea the Stars was awesome on Sunday..... I would him alongside Dancing Brave and Peintre Celebre . If you have never been...its one of the great sporting events in the world...and only 8 euros!! to get in!! Compare that to the £255 I have just forked out to go to the Cheltenham Festival for 4 days in March (but still worth it!!). I`m staying on in Paris for the Montmatre Wine festival this weekend....and will also taking in some jumping racing at Autueil next Sunday........then back to Pattaya for jumping fun of a different kind!!! Its a tough life, but someone`s got to go it!!

Comment

Good for you Dixie, an afternoon at Longchamp dining in the excellent Restaurant Panoramique is my very favourite lunch time experience in this world

Comment

red rum

Comment

Well....its now official that Sea the Stars will never race again. Nothing else to prove..and too risky to possibly flop in the Breeders Cup Classic after such a long season. Six Group 1`s in 6 months is some going. Wishing him a great retirement...he owes us punters nothing!!

Comment

Whilst on the topic of horse racing, Luca Cumani has "Cima De Triomphe" over in Australia, and will run this Saturday in the Caulfield Cup.

Has been fairly well supported in the early betting and is currently around the $8 mark.

Interestingly, Cima De Triomphe was beaten 10.5 lengths by Sea the Stars back in early July 2009.

Not sure how to assess Cima De Triomphe & Kirklees against our locals.

In any event, still trying to accumulate some more spending money for my next Pattaya mission, so hopefully I can find a few more winners...

Cheers
                        Koykaeng
                        Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

That was in the Eclipse Stakes at Sandown on the same afternoon as TLF's race day at Leicester as I recall. Sea The Stars was perhaps least impressive in all of his Group 1 wins on that occasion.
                          Cima De Triomphe has only raced in England a handfull of times having relocated there from Italy where he was the best stayer, he is certainly a useful type although around 4 or 5 kg's short of being European top class I would say.
                          Kirkless has shown some excellent form this Summer and is perhaps a similar grade to Cima De Triomphe.

Comment

(pentire @ Oct. 09 2009,06:25) an afternoon at Longchamp dining in the excellent Restaurant Panoramique is my very favourite lunch time experience in this world
                            Hmm, i seem to recall you telling me a lunchtime experience with Lillee from Tootsies in Phuket was your favourite  
                            Hear all, see all, say nowt, well not much anyrode.

Comment

i once dated a girl who looked like mr.edd
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X