X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Gets Olympic Games 2016

Really kidding about the LB angle LOL!! The good people of Chicago dodged a bullet. Think of the cost over runs, graft, and corruption they would have enjoyed!! Mayor Daley and all his cronies and toadies were salivating over the prospect.

I remember a few years ago when it came down to NY and London and being VERY happy London got it. How much over budget are they and how much has Joe (or in this case George) sucker taxpayer been hoodwinked into paying??

Good on Rio-the first Olympic Games in South America!!
    Be careful out there!

The press claimed that the main reason New York didnt get the games when london did, was because of the shambles the Atlanta games in 1996 turned out to be, which will always be regarded as the worst organised and corrupt olympic games in history. I would guess that was one of the main reasons why chicago didnt get it this time round, aswell as the fact South America never held a games yet.

Rio have a budget of 11billion USD for the games.
    I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

*Footnote;

Montreal just this week paid off their "Big Owe'':, otherwise known as the Big O - for Olympic park.

Built for the 1976 Olympics, it's a horribly ugly building which took them 33 years to pay off and which they still can't fill; neither could the Expos when they were a franchise there and these days it's pretty much used only for concerts and CFL football.

Of course other cities have had better results, it seems to be a crap shoot.
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

My guess is Chicago got dissed as a reaction to America's new visa policies - requiring would be tourists to pay a $100 interview fee, have to file their travel plans on the web before getting on a plane, and then being fingerprinted when they arrive.

If some other country did that to me, I wouldn't want to visit there !

Congrats to Rio  

Bangkok 2020
        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

After watching the young man beaten to death in Chicago last week        I was glad to read that the Chicago bid committee were confident they could still win...

because I wasn't...        
          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I doubt that played a major part in Chicago not getting it. Anyone who travels to another country to watch athletics is obviously a big fan and I doubt that those new visa rules would put them off. If Thailand introduced the same rules it wouldnt stop a fan of ladyboys travelling to Thailand.

I think the main reason is the Atlanta games. The President of the Olympics traditionally says at every closing ceremony "the best Olympics ever", were as in Atlanta he said something like, well done Atlanta and 4 years later in Sydney, which was a great Olympics, he went back to the traditional "best Olympics ever". Atlanta was full of blunders and corruption with dodgy sponsorship deals down left, right and centre. Also there was a Bowling for colombine type shooting at the Atlanta games.

Great to see Barack Obama going back to the US with his tail between his legs.
            I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

Another thing - this was touted as a race between Chicago & Rio, Tokyo & Madrid were not considered likely to win.

Chicago went out in the first round of voting, they came fourth, the first city to be discarded.

2nd & 3rd don't win anything either but the Chicago delegation were so confident they requested Obama come to share in the victory. Delusional...    
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport....cs-vote

Sorry Pac, Obama wasn't brought in for the victory party. He was part of Chicagos Million dollar bid. He was the last speaker at the closing presentation before the vote. His speech focused on gloabl unity and solidarity which chicago thought would go a long way with the voting countries.  

The deck was stacked against the U.S. with South America a continent loaded with voting countries all pretty much backing Rio's bid most likely. then geopolitics comes into play so you can count out Cuba and North Korea's vote.  If Tokoyo was eliminated first which way would the asian countries votes go?  If Madrid was ousted first then where do Europes votes go. As it was Chicago was ousted first vote.

Personally, I think it should go to Rio to help promote the Olympic movement in S.America since they have never had games.  Chicago may have had a great financial strucure and plan, but the average Chicagoan was against it, just like Blue Balls pointed out about New York bid. chicago has seen major projects come in over budget in the last few years and they have been stuck with the bill in a bad economy.

Brazil on the other hand has not been hit by the global rescession and basically enjoying a boom. They are also expecting mass growth potential. the Madrid IOC oficials at an earlier meeting said that Rio was the worst preparred bid. Criticism of other bid by IOC officals is forbidden and they may have fell out of favour back then.

Comment

Good choice! As an American, I totally agree with it. The olympics tradition is meant to be a time that countries put down their swords and come together as friends for two weeks. During the Iraq war the US said that didn't matter to them and stubbornly kept the (completely unnecessary) killings going full steam during the olympics. The US used the 2008 olympics as a platform to systematically disparage the host China. And don't forget Jimmy Carter boycotting the olympics altogether. Thus, awarding an American city would set a very bad example to the rest of the world and is asking for tit for tat negativity (albeit deserved) in return which is not what the games are about.

Well done Rio, I think they will bring the olympic spirit there and I look forward to their games.

Comment

brazil have the world cup too 2014

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Oct. 02 2009,21:01) Really kidding about the LB angle LOL!!  

No, you're actually right..The world cup in Germany was extremely lucrative..
                      x
                      Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Hey, it's never been held in South America so makes sense to me.

And you can't have the winter olympics in Brazil.

Watching on the telly all the partyiers celebrating on Friday afternoon. Doesn't anybody work there?

Comment

Congratulations to Rio and the Brazilian people.

A holiday to Rio for the Olympics could coincide with visits to all the TS haunts that exist in the city. Could be a great time to go!
                          dreaming about LOS again

Comment

Your a brave man mate. I'll leave that trip to you, Juri and Ernesto. I think those two only went because Thailand was running out of lbs they hadn't been with.

Lets see if you still want to venture away from LOS after your upcoming tour of duty in S.E. Asia.

Comment

(Boarhog @ Oct. 03 2009,08:10) Chicago may have had a great financial strucure and plan, but the average Chicagoan was against it, just like Blue Balls pointed out about New York bid. chicago has seen major projects come in over budget in the last few years and they have been stuck with the bill in a bad economy.
                              Here, here! As an average Chicago citizen, I was completely against it. I don't want it here. Chicago is equipped to handle it, but I really didn't want the headache of commotion and corruption. And you're definitely right about everything being over budget. Just look at Millennium Park!

What's really sad is the state of the new Olympic arenas in Greece from just a decade ago. Have you guys seen the recent pictures of these? It's pretty shocking just how crappy they are now.

Let's just say I'm quite glad it's in Rio.

Comment

Working...
                              X