X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football

This is the first weekend of the football season-led by college football. Some interesting games out there: OU getting beat by BYU and the Heisman winner getting injured. Florida NOT covering the 73 point (opening line) and 63 point (cloing line) spread as they ONLY won 6203 ha ha!! There are some sick fucking gamblers out there betting on a game like this. I know one guy who lost $3300 bucks last night because Ole Miss scored a TD with 5 seconds left after they were WAAAAA up!! He took the under thats some sick shit. Think of all the cum loads you could release for $3300-thats about 115,000 baht peoples!!!!!!!

Next week Smutts' Michigan Wolverines a 4 point dog at home to ND. Smutts RR in trouble again?? What the fuck??

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
    Be careful out there!

I think this should be moved to the NFL thread.

No offence but it's not really football is it!

Comment

I thought about posting it there but it isnt the NFL, is it?? If the mods want it moved, thats up to them. I think there is an interest out there amongst us Yank mongers. If it aint your cup of tea, buh bye!! I didnt come on the Ashes thread and trash cricket....

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
      Be careful out there!

Comment

BTW even if you dont like football check out what LaGarret Blount did to this trash talker after his team lost. Youtube search: suckerpunch Boise state v Oregon and that will do the trick!!!
        Be careful out there!

Comment

what a fucking animal - did you see him being restrained after?

Bet his parents are real proud

something to show the grand-kids in future years
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

I often wondered why American Football is even refered to as Football  
            Apart from field goals, does the foot ever connect with the ball  
            Also, is the game (college or professional) played outside North America by non US citizens at any level.....Japan perhaps I suppose.

Comment

Actually Pentire there are MANY factes of the sport that do involve kicking the ball. In fact, kicking the ball is one way to score points. For all the phycicality and brutality that is the sport of American football, many times the result of the game will come down to the kicker. All the kicker does is kick and isnt involved in the physical part of the game.......
              Be careful out there!

Comment

Ok BlueBallz, thanks for that....are the rules for college & professional the same because I seem to recall a US forces friend of mine (in the 70's) explained there were subtle differences ?

Comment

Its basically the same. There are a few rather minor rules differences but, in reality, its the same sport. Canadian football has a lot of similarites but quite a few HUGE differences.

You tell me whats the difference between rugby union and rugby league?? Never made much sense to me why dont they merge the rules and have one rugby??

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                  Be careful out there!

Comment

major difference is rugby league has a system similar to downs in american football whereby you have a number of possessions in which to make progress/score (the six-tackle rule) whereas union is based on the "right to contest possession" . League also has 13 player teams as opposed to 15 in Union. Also, the setpieces (such as scrums and lineouts) are much diminished in League and so the differences in skills and physiques of backs and forwards not as pronounced.

Rugby league started in north of England as breakaway from rugby union and, unlike union, was professional from the start (union has been professional since 1995). After time, the playing rules also started to diverge

League is really only popular in Australia ( mainly in New South Wales - i.e. near Sydney) and England (mostly in the north) but is played in a few other countries too. NZ has an ok team but most of it's players play in Oz - they have a club team that plays in the australian NRL

Union is more of an international game

Since the advent of professionalism in Union, a number of high-profile League players have been poached to play in Union. Back in the 80s when Union was amateur, it happened the other way around

some more details and comparison here Comparison of Rugby Union and League

In English rugby, a schism developed between those who favoured strict amateurism and those who felt that players should be compensated for time taken off work to play rugby. In 1895 this resulted in the formation of a break-away body, the Northern Union.
                    No honey, no money!!

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Sep. 08 2009,04:28) what a fucking animal - did you see him being restrained after?

Bet his parents are real proud

something to show the grand-kids in future years
                      Apparently, the Boise St player made some remark about the game that included calling Blount a nigger. There was already bad blood between the teams from last season, when Boise St knocked two Oregon QBs out of the game with blatant late cheap shots and each time, no ejection, just a 15 yd penalty. If you could get your opponent down to their 3rd QB for most of the game for 30 yds, would you do it? If the first time it happened the Boise St player was ejected, along with the 15yds, there is a much better chance the 2nd incident in that game would have not happened.  Boise St is a team of dirty players so who knows what else may have happened in this game so Blount and perhaps others were on edge afterward. The Boise asshole should have either kept his big fat mouth shut, or said something like simply "good game."

IMO, the punishment of Blount was far too harsh. 2 games would have seemed more fair to me.
                      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

in fairness, I doubt it's the first time he's been called a Nigger and if he's going to go off like that every time he gets slagged, then he's got a big, big problem. You think Obama starts a brawl whenever he is the victim of a racial slur?
                        And, NO, I don't think the testosterone-fuelled intensity of US College Football provides any excuse either. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour ... period!!!!

See you tomorrow
                        No honey, no money!!

Comment

Theres NO WAY that kid alled him a nigger!! If he did, those cockroaches like Sharpton and Jackson would be all over it. The Boise player taunting like that, I have no time for. Blount cold cocked him and paid the price-end of.

Evidently, Blount has been a problem child at Oregon for a couple of years. If he were a good kid, theres NO WAY the coach would have kicked him off the eam. In big time collee football, coaches bend over backwards to gloss over (and cover up) transgressions by start athletes. Happens all the time....

BE CAERFUL OUT THERE!!
                          Be careful out there!

Comment

BTW loads of big time upsets this weekend..
                            Hell, Michigan even won again. They might do OK this season. Would 7 wins be acceptable??

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!
                            Be careful out there!

Comment

I don't care for the college game, I think it's not crisp at all and too many dropped passes and wobbly balls thrown from very average-looking QB's ..... also the occassional [way too occassional!] break through the line on a running play for 70 or 80 yards, etc.....

IMO it reminds me of watching a better brand of High School football, I'll stick with the pros
                              Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X