X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement of a Football Legend

As a liflong Lions fan (shamefully) a part of me is glad to see one of the last Gunslingers retire ( 0-17 in Green Bay while he was there) but I for one will miss his run and gun style of football. He made the game exciting thats for sure and last year was defintely one of his best and should have ended in the Super Bowl (Where my Pats probably could have won)

So Thanks for some memories Brett and I'm sure we'll see you in the reporters booth soon

Attached Files
    It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Brett Favre will go down in football history as one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. For sure, nobody played with as much passion as Brett. Thanks for the memories!

Comment

is dan marino still playing?

Comment

He was good at drinking beer for a while back there, too!

Comment

(Rollo Tomasi @ Mar. 07 2008,21:38) He was good at drinking beer for a while back there, too!  
          Actually his vice was pain killers.....percoset in particular....but I guess you'd have to know what you're talking about to know that

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Ah.... Pain killers! OK lads... My shout... Who's up for a pain killer?

For fuck's sake. It's common knowledge that the bloke is (was) an alcoholic!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 09 2008,03:32) Ah.... Pain killers! OK lads... My shout... Who's up for a pain killer?

Favre played American football.

That makes him more of a man and less of a bloke.

Comment

anyone like nba or nhl?

Comment

Stupid question allstar......me like WBA...
                  As I like BJ,CIM,CIF and CIA.....

Dieter
                  Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 08 2008,13:32) Ah.... Pain killers! OK lads... My shout... Who's up for a pain killer?

I disagree....He has admited to having some drinking issues (See link) but the "common knowledge" was that he was addicted to vicodin (Not percoset My bad) but he checked into rehab for addiction to pain killers. But alcoholism was never considered to be his major problem. But to each their own opinion

http://www.boston.com/bostong....t_favre

But then again his wife revealed in her auto bio that he had also checked into an alcohol rehab.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/bloggers/l.../10565901.html

Regardless the guy could play ball and I would like to see anyone with any kind of stature or the amount of public exposure Favre has without some kind of issue......hell he could be a closet ladyboy lover for all we know.

So we can play "bash the superstar" or we can appreciate him for his accomplishments.......I personally choose the latter

Comment

Regardless the guy could play ball...
                      Agreed and he saved some of his best till last.

'The Pack' had a great year last year under the helmsmanship of Favre.

Tony Roma has the same instincts and scraps in the same way that he does (did!)

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Mar. 08 2008,18:15) Regardless the guy could play

Roma's the rib guy but Romo's face is between Jessica Simpson's thighs.

Comment

Roma's the rib guy but...

Comment

Working...
                          X