X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Cup

I fucking hate Arsenal, lucky lucky lucky wankers !
    They have a side like that, We have a shower of shit & play them off the park & then lose.
    When all the proud English men are cheering on England in South Africa next summer, how many of the players will be from the Arsenal youth system & how many will have come through the West ham youth Academy.
    Those tossers played Pourtsmouth the other day & the only English man on the pitch was the ref.
    Just a rant, don't mind losing , but not when you play so well & not against those north London Gob shites
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

I deed not zee zee inzeedent.....
    Be careful out there!

Comment

We can hold our heads high Seamus considering the team we had and we out played them for 80mins .

Look on the bright side if we fight like that in every game for the rest of the season we won't go down .

Come on you Irons
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Wish you would have won!! Always had a soft spot for The Appy Ammers. Our clubs (youse and City) have had a LOT in common the last 20 or so years!!
        Be careful out there!

Comment

united lose 1-0 to third division leeds

Comment

Well Seamus, as a lifelong Arsenal fan, I have to admit you were a bit hard done by today but obviously I don't share your view of our committment to developing English players.

There's no doubt that West Ham's academy has produced some exceptional players over the years (as any Chelsea or Man United fan will tell you) but I don't think Arsenal have been guilty of ignoring the development process, particularly in recent years. Arsenal won the FA Academy league by 25 points last season and beat Liverpool 6-2 in the FA Youth Cup Final and they did it with an almost completely English team so we must be doing something right. Hopefully a share of those lads will be good enough to challenge for first team places in the future but they have to be good enough and be patient.

Considering the number of clubs in London and the FA rule that academy players have to live within an hour of the club they sign for, I think it's remarkable that Arsenal (and West Ham) can consistently develop a quality youth structure.

As for buying and selling English players, I'm sure that Wenger didn't want to sell Ashley Cole or Matthew Upson or David Bentley but Cole got greedy and the other two wanted first team football and weren't prepared to wait for the opportunity. He also had Jermaine Pennant on his books but he turned out to be a head case.

I also have no doubt that Wenger would love to have been able to sign players like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, John Terry etc. but how can he compete with Chelsea, United and now City ? A few years ago he had agreed a £12 million deal with Man City to sign Shaun Wright Phillips but he was blown out of the water by Chelsea who paid £21 million and then proceeded to let Wright Phillips rot in their reserves (because they could).

I would have thought you'd have a bigger problem with Utd (Paul Ince, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick, Carlos Tevez) and Chelsea (Frank Lampard, Joe Cole).

Anyway, I understand your frustration...I felt the same way after we threw away a two goal lead against you earlier in the season.
            jet712

Comment

(jimslim @ Jan. 03 2010,16:56) We can hold our heads high Seamus considering the team we had and we out played them for 80mins .

Look on the bright side if we fight like that in every game for the rest of the season we won't go down .

Come on you Irons  
              I agree Mr Slim, but I think the writings on the wall yet again, but as a life long happy Hammer
              I will still wear My shirt when we lose & still go & watch them in the Championship, the eejit that I am
              Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

I am a very Happy man. It has not been easy supporting Leeds over the last few years But it all came right with the win at Old Trafford. In life as the expression is known, that you can change your car, you can change your house, you can even change your wife but you cant change your football team.! What a laugh to see Man U being out played and a deserved win for the boys in White. Even better to see the untrimmed hairs from Fergussons nostiles twitching in the aftermatch chat. What a  twat and how he gets 5 mins of injury time for a struggling 2. The best team one. All those armchair Man U supporters that I know not even replying to my texts with a well done.   They are all arses, not mates. Ive relegated them to the associate catagory now.I am still recovering from the gallon of courage best  & champagne that then ensued after the game. Finished off with a chilli donna. Still in the Dog House. White Hart Lane here we come...........    

Comment

great commitment + a positive outlook gave Leeds a great victory against a dis-United team that had more than enough opportunities(yet again!)but could not put it away.
                  I would have liked to see the Hammers win,but really,they couldn't even pressure an almost 2nd string Arsenal side,for the full 90minutes

you English supporters should be very,very worried regarding goalie+fullbacks
                  benjy

Comment

An Arsenal fan on Talk sport once said that he dont care if 10 men from mars were playing in the team... winning is all

As if the foreign players give two fucks about the home fans. they dont and in most cases hate and despise them and the weather. Mercenaries the lot of em.

Send em all back to France i say( wherever they come from)

Comment

Well what goes around, comes around. Well done Stoke!!
                      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Yeah, we were well beaten today.

Congrats to Stoke...easily the better team on the day.

Oh, and by the way guys, that's what's called being gracious in defeat  
                        jet712

Comment

Yep - good old Stoke for the cup. Beattie to beat his beffy all over delapie!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X