X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in Thailand

Hi, some of you may be interested in this. I have been following the career of a Thai fighter by the name of Tangtong. He won an IBF asia title and is now ranked no.12 in the world. He is a strong fighter and is due a title shot. Great thing about Thailand is that boxing is free. I have been to his last 3 fights and they have been very entertaining. The preliminary fights are also interesting, the last ones I saw were of  prisoners let out for the day to box. Tangtong is a really nice fella and it would be kind of cool to see some of the farang community come out and support him. I have been one of only two foriegners at his last few fights. I think he fights again in Bangkok on 16th Feb. If anyone is interested I will post details of fight time and place when i get them.

Hi Kangarooter Ive only just seen this and love boxing too... I would be intereted in knowing the progress of Tangtong and how to access info on Pro fights in BKK

Cheers

Comment

Hi Foggy,

Tangtong fights an Indonesian at Thonburi Univerity next Tuesday. I still haven't got the exact details. It is hard getting info on who is fighting and when they are fighting. I usually findout in the paper the day or two before. I know about Tangtong because he is a friend.

You might be interested to know that a couple of foreigners have set up a state of art boxing gym over here to train foriegn fighters for Singapore. They are trying to promote Singapore as the Vagas of Boxing in Asia. Name of the gym is Top rated. They have a website but it doesnt give directions to the gym. I have a number and am going to call so I can go out and have a look.

Will let you know how tangtong goes.

Comment

Hi Kangarooter,
        Thats good info and much appreciated. Im moving to Thailand in a month so will be interested in the progress of the Top Rated gym and possibly get to see some of there shows.

Hopefully I will see some of Tangtong's fights in BKK in the future too.... owe u a beer for that...

cheers Foggy

Comment

Hi Foggy,

Tangtong won his fight today.  The Indonesian was tough and threw a bomb in the third round that shook Tangtong. Tangtong recovered and punished him over the next seven rounds scoring the KO in the tenth. A very exciting fight.

He is due to fight again in a months time at Hua Hin.

Comment

Hi Kangarooter,
            Thanks for the update very much appreciated... that shows guts and a good heart... good for him.

Hua Hin u say... boxing and a visit to Chaddy Shack... my perfect night.... thx again

Comment

Working...
            X