X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys vs. Chiefs...

How did The Cowboys win? I just watched the most amazing display of incompetence on a football field!

The owner should be ashamed of letting Jimmy Johnson go. He's the only coach they ever had that was worth a damn... including that distracted idiot Tom Landry.
    I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

at least your saints still look good

Romo is better than about 15 QB's in the league [at least], the fans there should stop tooling on him; you think the Rams or Bucs would like to have him on their team?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(rusty nail @ Oct. 12 2009,02:31) How did The Cowboys win? I just watched the most amazing display of incompetence on a football field!
      really? awww... i miss watching Tony Romo..
      "Most guys live their lives in the shade of the fear of what their macho friends will think about them" -- Mr. DJW

Comment

(JaiDee @ Oct. 12 2009,21:30) at least your saints still look good
        Damn straight the did - it was their bye week. It's the only week of the season I don't have heart murmers!

Comment

When the Giants go marching in to Nawlins watch out.

No butter for the Saints as their arseholes get repeatedly pummeled and bloodied.  

And you even get 3 points if you take New York, New york, a helluva fuckin town.

Comment

(rusty nail @ Oct. 12 2009,13:31) How did The Cowboys win? I just watched the most amazing display of incompetence on a football field!

The owner should be ashamed of letting Jimmy Johnson go. He's the only coach they ever had that was worth a damn... including that distracted idiot Tom Landry.
            Tom Landry was one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. That is not something open to debate.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

There have been a few really good offensive coordinator-defensive coordinator pairs in the NFL.  Some thought Holmgren-Siefert was one such pair.

But perhaps the best had Tom Landry as defensive coordinator.

Who can name the offensive coordinator and the great team they coached?

Comment

Tom Landry was one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. That is not something open to debate...
                What a joke. The players who played for him would not agree. He was very strange and came up with some bizarre and dangerously experimental schemes which he refused to let go even when they failed. His refusal to commit to one quarterback led to a lack of team unity and this resulted in poor performances.

Slightly above average at best.

Comment

Ahh PD, showing our age, , Lombardi and the Jints in the 50's
                  Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

Well I knew my pal Kevin would know, but thought that might surprise some of the guys who weren't raised on the NFL.

Re Landry, I prefer more passionate coaches and yes, he hung around a bit two long.

However, he was an innovator with schemes such as the Flex Defense.  I admire guys who do something new such as Bill Walsh another low key cerebral type.

Comment

Working...
                    X