Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(BlueBallz @ Jul. 29 2009,16:22) Yeah JaiDee loves farve.  but i think he animosity towards Brett was, in part, because he came back with the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS and JD is a New England fan.....
    I think it is silly to have a region rather than city as part of your team name. They should still be the Boston Patriots. Also I hate their current uniform with the space aged looking Patriot dude on the side of the helmet. They should revert back to their old uniforms from the 60s thru mid 90s, with the Pat Patriot dude (yes he did have a name) on their helmets, hiking the ball.

Also, wasn't it cool to see 350 lb Albert Haynesworth land on top of Pussy Boy Brady in their last game?
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Aug. 30 2009,20:43) I think it is silly to have a region rather than city as part of your team name.
      One exception:

The San Francisco Bay Area Rollers, I always liked the ring of that.

How bout the Pacific Northwest Loggers?

Comment

(PigDogg @ Aug. 31 2009,14:46)
        (Lefty @ Aug. 30 2009,20:43) I think it is silly to have a region rather than city as part of your team name.
        One exception:

The San Francisco Bay Area Rollers, I always liked the ring of that.

How bout the Pacific Northwest Loggers?    
        If you're talking the old roller derby team, they were called the San Francisco Bay Area Bombers
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Jul. 22 2009,16:18) Pants??  If I recall I won the Komp the first two years but back then we didnt offer any prizes!!  DOH!!!
          Even though cash prizes were to be given last year, it was a hollow offer.
          I was first place last season and did not receive the prize that was advertised for 1st place.
          As far as I know 2nd place and last place did not receive their winnings either.
          ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(Lefty @ Aug. 31 2009,11:43) I think it is silly to have a region rather than city as part of your team name. They should still be the Boston Patriots. Also I hate their current uniform with the space aged looking Patriot dude on the side of the helmet. They should revert back to their old uniforms from the 60s thru mid 90s, with the Pat Patriot dude (yes he did have a name) on their helmets, hiking the ball.

Pussy Boy Brady
            when they entered the AFL as  one of the charter teams they WERE called the Boston Patriots...... almost going out of business soon thereafter,  and playing at a bunch of local venues because they had no real home {Harvard, B.U. field, Nickerson Field, et al} they decided to include the whole region as their fan base once they moved to the small town of Foxborough down by Rhode Island circa 1971.  I guess 'The Foxborough Patriots' didn't have much of a ring to it?

The initial name for that field was Schaffer Stadium, which lasted a few years and was the name of a local beer from Rhode Island which tasted like piss - at best - and quickly came out  as such when you drank it, leading to massive hangovers the next day.  

Going to that place was taking your life into your hands; the parking lot looked like the fucking moon {gravel and dirt grounds} or a civil war encampment before games, with stray fires and wild beer parties which no cops from the small town of Foxborough would dare enter; it was a true free-for-all and after being taken there as a young lad my elders decided that probably wasn't such a great thing to attempt again.   That stadium SUCKED inside also; freezing, concrete benches, hardly any concessions, over-flowing bathrooms which smelled, etc....... the laughingstock of the league.

In 1994  the team was bought by Robert Kraft, a local rich dude who was also a fan, not just an owner.  He brought the team respectability, a SB appearance in 1997, 3 rings in this decade, and a GREAT new, state-of-the-art stadium, built on the parking grounds of the old dump, which was quickly blown up and made into a parking lot; reversal of fortune for both sides, eh?  and they stayed in Foxborough, despite trying to be  lured to cities like Hartford and the Boston Waterfront.  

Now they also have a mall there, high-end restaurants, a Marriott and the team which Kraft paid 175 Million for in 1994 [and everyone said he was a fool, that was the highest price ever for any pro sports team at the time] is now worth 1.35 BILLION..... who's the fool?  LOL.... if you could have seen that area in the 70's and  then see it now you'd be amazed it's the same place.  And for us true Patriots fans, the people who have followed them from the 70's or earlier when no one even knew who the fuck they were, we have hung in there and now is our time to shine.

Kraft also unfortunately introduced "Flying Elvis'', to move his team from the bad old days into the future. Trust me, NO ONE around here likes that logo..... and lately they have been wearing the old Pat Patriot helmets and we can only hope they go the whole season with them.

Lastly, as the bored readers breathe a sigh of relief, Tom Brady is a pussy?  The QB with the  BEST won-loss record in the Super Bowl era {look it up} and has only missed any significant playing time in 9 seasons to a torn MCL is a pussy?   That's pretty funny...... most players don't even come back from that injury at all, but on monday night, just 12 months after having his knee destroyed he will remind everyone just who is the best QB in the league as he mops the floor with the hapless Bills to the tune of 42-10.

Don't be jealous because he's rich and gets the supermodels and the super bowl rings, just wish he was on YOUR team!    
            Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(Lefty @ Sep. 12 2009,02:02) I was first place last season and did not receive the prize that was advertised for 1st place...
              This has been referred here.

It seems that to keep the competition open and fair - the contestants were required to post all picks on the public forum.

In this case the picks for week 17 were secretly posted to a forum moderator giving this poster an unfair advantage.

I haven't seen the rules or the post that defined the rules. If you have a copy then please post them.

This forum administration will correct, enforce and make up for any previous errors of judgment.

Comment

Not correct. Smuttley gave everyone the option every week of making their picks by PM. He added up the points throughout and he announced who finished where. If you have not seen the rules, then where are you coming up with this, saying that all the picks had to be posted publicly which isn't correct; or that on week 17, I and only I, sent Smuttley my picks by PM? I don't recall that I did, so how would you come up with or say you know this? Later in the season anyway, I recall him even suggesting we send our picks by PM, so others could not make their picks based on anyone else's picks. We don't have copies of the rules, because the entire NFL Football pool sub forum was deleted by the powers that be at the time, without warning, about a week after the season ended. Smuttley set up the rules,  I'm sure he knows them.
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(JaiDee @ Sep. 12 2009,17:49)   Lastly, as the bored readers breathe a sigh of relief, Tom Brady is a pussy?  The QB with the  BEST won-loss record in the Super Bowl era {look it up} and has only missed any significant playing time in 9 seasons to a torn MCL is a pussy?   That's pretty funny...... most players don't even come back from that injury at all, but on monday night, just 12 months after having his knee destroyed he will remind everyone just who is the best QB in the league as he mops the floor with the hapless Bills to the tune of 42-10.

Don't be jealous because he's rich and gets the supermodels and the super bowl rings, just wish he was on YOUR team!    
                  And Tom Brady played his college ball............WHERE???

MEEEEEEEEEEECHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIGANNNNNNNNNNN!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
                  Attached Files
                  It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                  ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(Lefty @ Sep. 12 2009,21:17) Not correct. Smuttley gave everyone the option every week of making their picks by PM. He added up the points throughout and he announced who finished where. If you have not seen the rules, then where are you coming up with this, saying that all the picks had to be posted publicly which isn't correct; or that on week 17, I and only I, sent Smuttley my picks by PM? I don't recall that I did, so how would you come up with or say you know this? Later in the season anyway, I recall him even suggesting we send our picks by PM, so others could not make their picks based on anyone else's picks. We don't have copies of the rules, because the entire NFL Football pool sub forum was deleted by the powers that be at the time, without warning, about a week after the season ended. Smuttley set up the rules,  I'm sure he knows them.
                    I know there were a few who PM(ed) the last week's picks but I don' remember the complete details.....hell I can barely remember what I ate fro dinner last night........something to do with a few tokes too many and a couple too many acid trips........This will have to be discussed with people other then me.................

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Be that as it may, I'm pretty sure you recall that PMing the picks to you was allowed all through the season as an option. They were not required to be posted only in the open forum. I recall you suggesting it to everyone as we were getting into the last few weeks as it being good strategy to PM the picks to you.
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Well I posted all of my picks last year and spent countless hours on coming in dead last (not easy to do). Never got paid either
                        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Dead last, just like the Detroit Lions
                          TEXASMAC

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Sep. 13 2009,09:03) Dead last, just like the Detroit Lions
                            But it won't be our beloved Wolverines this year will it TMac??

Attached Files

Comment

BCS! BCS! BCS!
                              TEXASMAC

Comment

I thought this was NFL 2009 thread?

Go USF Bulls.
                                Collecting lbs one ass at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X