Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Boxer & Best Fight You Ever Saw!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Boxer & Best Fight You Ever Saw!

Fav boxer actually I am not so certain. I like Joe Louis a lot for what he did, how he carried himself with great dignity. He got shafted by the govt and ended up broke. It was a national disgrace what happened to him after what he did for the war effort, not to mention his stellar carreer.

Best fight I ever saw hummmmm lots but this one I was actually at. Arturo Gatti v Wilson Rodrigues. It was an absolute viscious affair. Gattis eye were swollen from the get go and he was taking poads of punishment. I dont know how but he hung in there, regrouped and knocked Rodrigues out. Basically stopped him with a body shot. I remember that Gatti's PARENTS were sitting only a few places away. When Gatti was getting the shit kicked out of him they sat there with an almost blase demenour. It was quite extraordinary.

Honorable mention this was back in the 70's when fights big fights were on TV with regularity. It was Ron Lyle v George Foreman. Lyle was a mean, tough dude who was rough and could bang a little bit. We all know how hard Big George could hit. Well, it was like Rock Em Scok Em robotos. Both guys were down and there were about 7 knock downs before Foreman put him away.

There are many other memorable ones as well. But these two really stick out.
    Be careful out there!

My favorite boxer is Frank Bruno.

Best fight is the James 'Buster' Douglas/Tyson affair in Tokyo.
    SHEMALE.CENTER
    World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao

But I have to agree best fight I've seen was the Buster James Douglas upset of Mike Tyson.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Ali-Frazier, (first one?), Frazier won, and Ali got knocked down, maybe for the first time too?

Never much of a fight fan, just went along with the homeys, but do recall standing out a bit, shown in a theater too.
        Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

Ali was down before. 'enry Cooper had him down and so did a guy called Sonny Banks...
          Be careful out there!

Comment

Best fights ever were The Fight of the Century and The Thrilla in Manila

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_of_the_Century

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrilla_in_Manila
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Jake_Sully @ Jun. 04 2010,05:05) Manny Pacquiao
              That is one quick little dude, man....... really good fighter, I'd love to have seen him against some better talent than what's out there now.

I'm with Lefty, the 2 Ali/Frazier fights are up there and probably the best ever..... I also loved the Foreman/Ali fight where George took the title from Ali, that was a bit of a shocker.  Can't forget the Ray Leonard/Tommy Hearns classic either, that was one helluva fight; both came out slugging and the fans got their moneys worth for sure. Hearns was good but I really believe Leonard was better, I remember him back to his Olympic days {he took gold} and he was always a special fighter.
              Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson,€œMy business is hurting people€ was a fair fighter...Some say the best ever...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

1981 Sugar Ray Leonard V Tommy Hearns " The Show Down" for the world welterweight unification. After 15 rounds & Tommy winning on points on all 3 judges score cards, Sugar ray stepped up a gear & the referee had to stop the contest.

1995 Nigel Benn V Gerald Mc Clellen.
                  No one gave Nigel Benn a Chance especially not the Americans & Mc Clellen put Benn Through the ropes in the first round, I have to say I thought at that stage it was all over. Benn hit the deck again in the 8TH but then Benn knocked Mc Clellen out in the 10TH. (poor guy just about lived) Has to be one of the hardest battles I have ever watched by a British boxer
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Forgot to include favorite boxer. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Best active boxer and may end up being the best ever.
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Another great fight from June 1980 was Duran/Leonard #1. I picked Duran to win and most of my friends at the time were sure Leonard would win. It was a pretty big upset at the time when Duran won.
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Obviously I have a soft spot for British boxers and the likes of Frank Bruno, Nigel Benn, Chris Ewbanks, Terry Marsh, Barry McGuigan, Alan Minter & Kevin Finnagan immeadiately spring to mind however, the fight which is most memorable and favourite in my mind was on the 27th September 1986 when Lloyd Honeyghan stunned the world of boxing by forcing the TKO (at the end of round six) of Donald Curry. At the time Curry was regarded was the world's best pound for pound fighter.
                        This was a marvellous performance & huge upset, the biggest for many years, he was a massive price if memory serves......around 16/1.
                        However, going into the fight both Honeyghan and his brash, big mouth manager Mickey Duff were massively confident of an upset and so it proved.

Like most things nowadays, the is footage on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3BXQ5Q2C-s

Comment

Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs. Thomas Hitman Hearns.

Eight minutes and one second of nonstop, frenzied bombardment on both sides.

Comment

(pentire @ Jun. 04 2010,07:01) the fight which is most memorable and favourite in my mind was on the 27th September 1986 when Lloyd Honeyghan stunned the world of boxing by forcing the TKO (at the end of round six) of Donald Curry. At the time Curry was regarded was the world's best pound for pound fighter.
                            This was a marvellous performance & huge upset, the biggest for many years, he was a massive price if memory serves......around 16/1.
                            Good shout Pentire, did you stick a quid on Honey to win, with those odds ?

Whens the next "LBF Race Day" Mate ?
                            Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Yes I did seamus, it was my first win on boxing......I remember the days leading up to that fight in Vegas and everytime I turned the radio on for the racing results there was Lloyd Honeyghan being interviewed and saying how he was going to take the fight to Donald Curry right from the start and no way would it go the distance....I had money on Honeyghan to stop Curry from rounds 1-12, can't remember my exact profit but it was certainly enough to buy my first brand new car.
                              That is why I remember this fight so fondly  

Incidentally, I think I am right in saying that after losing the title shortly afterwards, Honeyghan became the first British boxer to regain a world title. He has also clearly been active after boxing and not a great lover of condoms because he currently has at least nine children

Whens the next "LBF Race Day" Mate ?
                              Yet to be arranged but we were thinking about 2nd September and Wolverhampton under floodlights.

Comment

Working...
                              X